搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 真正學到中文的國際學校
樓主: Ms.M
go

真正學到中文的國際學校 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 05-7-4 11:00 |只看該作者

Re: 真正學到中文的國際學校

星加坡英文好好大因素係政府及自尊問題,佢地貧富之分好強,貧窮d人先入中文學校, 英文唔好就會低人一級. 我以前在外國時, d星加坡同學唔講中文, 佢地話只有low class d人先會講 

我本人都試過請高學歷d菲律賓工人, 但係好大問題係佢地學歷高要求都好高,好難十全.成日話d小朋友唔好. 成日要食好用好.

我自己而家做法就是小朋友入國際學校, 自己係屋企有70%講普通話, 20%英文, 10%廣東話.  其實好多事都要依賴家庭同學校相輔相成

82#
發表於 05-7-4 17:16 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

83#
發表於 05-7-4 17:23 |只看該作者

84#
發表於 05-7-4 17:34 |只看該作者

我都同意Annie, 國際和本地學校都各有所長. 各有其短, 最主要係睇我地做家長點去取長補短.

85#
發表於 05-7-4 17:58 |只看該作者

86#
發表於 05-7-4 23:06 |只看該作者

簽名被屏蔽

87#
發表於 05-7-4 23:26 |只看該作者

我真心希望香港及祖國不要淪落至這地步。  世界上冇乜國家係重英輕自己的語言。  星加坡可以這樣, 因為他們沒有自己的語言, 沒有五千年文化。

香港啫! 中國暫時都唔會. 國家領導人去到全世界依然堅持用國語對話. 邊個都無面比. 無需擔心!

88#
發表於 05-7-5 09:41 |只看該作者

Hi Annie123,

My helper is very helpful, every afternoon she helps my son to finish all his English home work.  When we come back, we help our son to study Chinese.  Even though your helper can't help (I suppose), you must stop her from talking in broken Cantonese to your children if she did.  It really hurts.  I have encountered kids (with philippine helpers and busy or lazy parents) speaking poor Cantonese, do you think that this is a serious problem?

Regards.

89#
發表於 05-7-5 09:53 |只看該作者

stccmc 寫道:

Hi stccmc,

We focus on learning English because we assume that learning Chinese is easy (In fact, it is hard.)  Many foreigners are learning Mandarin now, do you think they look down on their own countries?  We are just being practical.  Besides, we should treat all human beings as earthmen.  I categorize peoples into 3 groups: the good, the bad and normal people (nationality is not an issue).

Regards.

90#
發表於 05-7-5 12:56 |只看該作者

91#
發表於 05-7-5 13:23 |只看該作者

Annie123 寫道:

she just cannot help "importing" Filipino grammar into her English every now and then.

Yes, you are right, I should keep my eyes and ears on that part.

Thank you for your opinion.

Regards.

92#
發表於 05-7-5 13:58 |只看該作者

Hi all

I am not defending if speaking English or not is the way to determine superiority of a person within Singapore, or whether Singapore has 5000 years of culture history behind it for her to be able to sustain the English-speaking norm.

A main reason why English was promoted in Singapore during the 1950-60s was because Singapore was trying to survive amongst the neighbouring countries, the prime minister (Lee) saw the threat of the communists (primarily from the Chinese schools and clan associations) and the racial discord between the Chinese and Malays.  Furthermore, he felt the discrimination for not being able to speak fluent English when he was overseas.  Thus the decision to use English as a main medium of teaching language as he firmly believed then it was the language of survival in such turbulent times.

That mindset did change as the economies change poles.  Mind you, Mr Lee's sons were educated in Chinese Medium Schools - Catholic High School in Singapore. And all his three children were made to learn Chinese and Malay, besides English.  He also enforced the dual-language policy in Singapore schools for years.

In my opinion, it has not been a conscious intention to promote the concept of "High Class speaks English" but rather, a by-product that has evolved from the education policy.  

93#
發表於 05-7-5 19:34 |只看該作者

stccmc 寫道:
十萬個同意。終於在崇外的大勢中找到一點共鳴

HoW 寫道:
香港啫! 中國暫時都唔會. 國家領導人去到全世界依然堅持用國語對話. 邊個都無面比. 無需擔心!
不能不擔心。眼見國家的精英也開始以英文名自居,普通話夾雜英文。情況令人擔心呢。英美文化已經潛移默化地殖民我們呢。

94#
發表於 05-7-5 22:58 |只看該作者

簽名被屏蔽

95#
發表於 05-7-6 02:35 |只看該作者

一百萬個同意  
為什麼 [英文唔好]就幣家火﹐但[中文唔好]就算數啦呢﹖小朋友將來用什麼來同人文化交流呢。 如果還淪落到 [以 中文差 為榮]就C咯。
stccmc 寫道:
//
Many foreigners are learning Mandarin now, do you think they look down on their own countries? We are just being practical.
//

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying English is not important.  To the contrary, I think English is critical in an International city like Hong Kong and I dearly want the overall English level of HK improve.  I just don't feel comfortable with the thought that Chinese parents (in HK) putting English before Chinese.

96#
發表於 05-7-6 04:14 |只看該作者

stccmc 寫道:

"Just being Practical?"  Can you elaborate? ......I just don't feel comfortable with the thought that Chinese parents (in HK) putting English before Chinese.

English is a useful skill, learning English doesn't mean  accepting all the things from western countries and rejecting all the things from China.    Patriotism is never a reason for not learning English.  

Learning English is only one part of the package of being biliterate and trilingual.  Everyday lot of vancancies vaporize, if we don't equip our children with multiple skills then we may need to support them until the day we die.

Chinese parents (in HK) putting English before Chinese because they think that they have no problem in learning Chinese then their kids should have no problem in learning Chinese (this is a wrong assumption).  

May be we should stop discussing something that does not match the topic 真正學到中文的國際學校.

Regards.

97#
發表於 05-7-6 21:28 |只看該作者

簽名被屏蔽

98#
發表於 05-7-6 23:56 |只看該作者

stccmc 寫道:
//
Chinese parents (in HK) putting English before Chinese because they think that they have no problem in learning Chinese then their kids should have no problem in learning Chinese (this is a wrong assumption).
//

Yeah, this I fully agree.

我個人覺得, 香港父母之所以把英文放在中文之上, 其根本原因是市場的選擇. 不用講在中環上班的白領, 就是公司找初級文員, 英文都是必不可少. 越往上走, 英文越重要. 中環的"鬼佬"(並無惡意), 中文可以一竅不通, 但仍可賺大把銀子. 試想一下, 如果反過來, 一個英文麻麻的年輕人, 在公司有多少機會? 當然你是老闆就例外啦. 但個個都能做到老闆嗎?

香港做了這麼多代人時間的英國殖民地, 要將中文放首位, 談何容易. 只要英文在世界上是第一強勢語言,  英文在香港人的眼裡, 就不會退居老二.

政府推行母語教育困難重重, 就是因為市場的力量巨大. 講到母語教育, 人人都有話講, 這又離題了.

回到原來問題"真正學到中文的國際學校", 答案是, 真是好少. 97回歸前, ESF學校不容許學生在校園內講中文, 稱會"pollute English environment" :evil: 英基97後當然改了不少, 但指望學會中文, 好像不太可能.

我覺得, 小朋友如何才能學會中英雙語, 應該是一個很學術的問題. 目前現有的幾所雙語學校, 同我們一樣, 都在摸索. 學校號稱50%英文, 50%中文, 並不能肯定用的方法就是最好. 事實上, 50%英文+ 50%中文, 學生最後一定是英文好過中文. 而且不是好一點點. 何況學校對中文的要求並不如英文.

老實講, 如以中英雙語為標準, 香港的精英主流學校的畢業生會比雙語國際學校好得多. 但主流學校有其它許多詬病, 是精英還非常難進.  不提也罷.      

最慘是, 香港人平均每對夫妻只養不到一個小孩. 小朋友壓力大, 父母壓力大. 大家都知道中英雙語重要, 但又不知如何教育. 結果一二三四五六七, 門門都要學.      

99#
發表於 05-7-7 09:02 |只看該作者

阿胡:
Agree very much with you.  I think so far just a few IS can provide balance cirriculum (50/50) for English/Mandarin, Yew Chung is one of them with longer history, and they use IB too.  Some new DSS/private schools have adopted this approach, such as Victoria, PLK CKY. Do you think that this is successful (say if take reference to Yew Chung's graduates)?

100#
發表於 05-7-7 11:26 |只看該作者

WYmom 寫道:
...... I think so far just a few IS can provide balance cirriculum (50/50) for English/Mandarin, Yew Chung is one of them with longer history, and they use IB too.  Some new DSS/private schools have adopted this approach, such as Victoria, PLK CKY. Do you think that this is successful (say if take reference to Yew Chung's graduates)?

每位父母對學會中文﹐英文有不同理解。對一所50/50中英課程的國際學校來說,其潛台詞是畢業生的英文基本達到母語程度,中文基本達到F1-F2.(阿彌佗佛,這是我的理解    )

讀國際學校﹐一個主要原因是將來去英,澳﹐美,加讀大學。耀中在這方面算是中規中距。另一間雙語國際學校﹐漢基,似乎要好一些﹐學費也平一些。

http://www.ycis-hk.com/YCWebsiteUpload/freemani/Foundation/IES/University%20Acceptance.pdf

http://cis.edu.hk/news/placement.htm
‹ 上一主題|下一主題