耀中VS汉基。那间好些?谢谢 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-3-12 15:23 |只看該作者 |正序瀏覽 |打印
耀中VS汉基。那间好些?谢谢
   3    0    0    0

95#
發表於 14-4-5 14:18 |只看該作者

回覆:foolish.mom 的帖子

Thanks for ur comment foolish mom, my son will go whole day class this year sept

94#
發表於 14-4-5 00:10 |只看該作者
回覆 caa 的帖子

CIS is more organised in administration, as it is a more established school.  
I am not in a good position to comment on other aspects, as my son studied in YC in primary school, but in CIS secondary school only.

93#
發表於 14-4-4 23:55 |只看該作者
回覆 Mamamu1126 的帖子

He went to half day school of YC's 2 year old class, because it's more economical.  I think full day school is better in language immersion, but half day school is better if you want to arrange other extra-curricular activities for the kid.

92#
發表於 14-4-4 11:59 |只看該作者

Hi foolish mom ,did ur son went to yc 2 years class ? I know they have half day n whole day, can u advise which one is better ?

91#
發表於 14-4-3 18:49 |只看該作者

回覆:耀中VS汉基。那间好些?谢谢

CIS

90#
發表於 14-4-3 15:54 |只看該作者
小冬姑 發表於 14-4-3 15:12
CIS vs. YC - absolutely different levels, can't even compare.....
Of course you can compare, their tuition fees are at the same level

89#
發表於 14-4-3 15:34 |只看該作者
回覆 foolish.mom 的帖子

Besides reputation, how do you compare school system, principal, admin etc? Do you think that these aspects help in building the school and attracting/retaining good students, and if so, CIS is outstanding in these aspects?

88#
發表於 14-4-3 15:12 |只看該作者
CIS vs. YC - absolutely different levels, can't even compare.....

87#
發表於 14-4-1 16:38 |只看該作者
回覆 HKTHK 的帖子

About half of CIS IBDP students started in reception.  Yes, they are excellent kids.

點評

Choisumwong  But they are very selected cases.  發表於 14-4-1 17:05

86#
發表於 14-4-1 13:05 |只看該作者
回覆 foolish.mom 的帖子

Good points!  The influx of good students and the ability to draw these students has really built the reputations and results of several IS.  It does make one wonder if it is the schools or the students that really matter in the end.

點評

foolish.mom  CIS uses 30 years to build up the reputation, It's still a short time as compared with traditional schools like SPCC, DGS, DBS. But reputation is a delicate thing that can be ruined easily.  發表於 14-4-1 20:06
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

85#
發表於 14-4-1 13:03 |只看該作者

回覆:himching 的帖子

Very  typical and traditional chinese parents definition of winners and losers ....

84#
發表於 14-4-1 13:00 |只看該作者

I mean foolish.mom is v realistic comments,

83#
發表於 14-4-1 12:44 |只看該作者

Very useful and realistic comments

82#
發表於 14-4-1 12:08 |只看該作者
foolish.mom 發表於 14-4-1 11:42
回覆 EstelleTong 的帖子

Yew Chung is my son's 1st school until he graduated from primary.  He then  ...
  最終都係睇成績, 求學始終都係求分數.  輸在終點前慘過贏在起跑線.

點評

foolish.mom  You are right. At upper secondary, the only things that matter are the IB score, SAT score, and what can be written in the activity resume.  發表於 14-4-1 20:02

81#
發表於 14-4-1 12:03 |只看該作者
foolish.mom 發表於 14-4-1 11:42
回覆 EstelleTong 的帖子

Yew Chung is my son's 1st school until he graduated from primary.  He then  ...

I think this is by far the most accurate picture of YC i have seen on EK. Kinder and primary of YC are both very good, except the less than ideal standard of english which some Ekers mind so.... much (to the extent turning their eyes blind to all other attributes). But the poor secondary went into a self destructive loop, sadly. So you see some best YC primary students go to CIS, for instance.

The schooling in CIS is, i heard, not as mystified as mentioned in EK, but they attracted many good students from IS, and that's all that matters.

80#
發表於 14-4-1 11:42 |只看該作者
回覆 EstelleTong 的帖子

Yew Chung is my son's 1st school until he graduated from primary.  He then switched to CIS in secondary.
In my point of view, Yew Chung is a very good school up to primary, especially in nurturing academically most able children, and least able children.  Children can become truly bilingual if they are able to handle 2 languages at a high level. My son never went to tutoring in English and Chinese. However, as most of the children are pure Chinese, they tend to speak Cantonese with each other, and it is less easy to build up a native English accent there. Other that this, their pronunciation of words is native, with much better skills in English reading, writing, speaking and listening as compared with non-IS. Besides language, they train kids in IS ways, teaching them how to research, self-learn, build up reading habits. Least able children get extra attention and tutoring from teachers, they are not discriminated.

The problem with Yew Chung, especially in secondary, is that they cannot keep academically able students. I doubt if the underlying reason is the "reputation". Good students get admitted to other "better " IS. Vacancy is replaced by students transferred from non-IS, may include a proportion of students who didn't study well in local schools. This dilution process continues and accelerates, until in upper secondary only a small proportion of home grown students remain there.

The difference between YC and CIS isn't that big in primary, but the gap widens in secondary.

The biggest asset of CIS is the pool of academically most able students and the educated parents. Just the opposite side of YC, the turn over rate of CIS students is very low as compared to other IS. If a student leaves, the vacancy is replaced by a more able student. The process results in a pool of most ambitious, intelligent, hard-working students in IBDP level, half of them aiming (and most of them achieving) a perfect IB score.

I should say that the biggest asset of CIS is the reputation in HK, so that it can attract the best students and teachers. (Same scenarios as SPCC, DGS, DBS?) The good reputation in US/UK also helps during the university admission process.

點評

Jane1983  Good sharing  發表於 14-4-1 19:06
caa    發表於 14-4-1 12:53
Choisumwong  Very good points ! Same condition ('dilution process')  for ESF schools.  發表於 14-4-1 12:06

79#
發表於 14-4-1 10:47 |只看該作者

Just wonder whose child in this forum really studied in cis and yc?

78#
發表於 14-4-1 09:50 |只看該作者

回覆:minamitse 的帖子

Yes totally agree with u yc provide good balance with chinese n english teaching environment, thats y yc is one of my consideration too. As well as esf .

77#
發表於 14-3-30 09:56 |只看該作者

回覆:clubmed 的帖子

咁恐怖

‹ 上一主題|下一主題