用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Boxhill MOS & ESF WKS 讀邊間好?
樓主: bbmama100
go

Boxhill MOS & ESF WKS 讀邊間好? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 12-5-22 13:02 |只看該作者
My son will start nursery in MOS Boxhill this year and I am also planning to put him in RC. However, the competition of international schools are so keen that even foreigners' children are not admitted to schools like RC or DBIS. you need to be lucky to have the chance to be interviewed and need to perform well in the interview to be admitted.

22#
發表於 12-5-22 13:06 |只看該作者
Comparing Boxhill and ESF, I will choose Boxhill. ESF kinder will stop in K2. If the child is not admitted into the IB system, you need to find him/her another school for K3, which would be quite difficult to find a school you want and ends up putting the child into any kinder that has vacancy.

23#
發表於 12-5-22 16:41 |只看該作者
If not offer from ESF / RC, where will the boxhill graduates go ??? Which IS ?

24#
發表於 12-5-23 19:51 |只看該作者
PiyoC, the Chinese in Boxhill is traditional chinese n they have both pth n Cantonese lesson in school. There is 1 Chinese lesson daily which last about 1/2 hr n pth that last abt 15 mins beginning with K2 if I remembered correctly.
I am not sure of the sessions but u can request to switch to the morning class when he is K1. It all depends on availability but definitely you will be in the afternoon for K3 class.

25#
發表於 12-5-23 19:54 |只看該作者
Littlexbb, I knew someone with twins n both were accepted by RC last year but of cos there are siblings not accepted. I think it all depends on the interview.

26#
發表於 12-5-24 10:07 |只看該作者
回復 abebepang 的帖子

My boy is in PN class and we decide to stay for K1 because he is adapting well and has happy school lift. We not target international stream but local DSS, my elder girl is in P.1 of a competitive English DSS hopefully may has some advantage when my son apply. My experience told me that early start of chinese learning will be much benefit for local P.1 curriculum, we neglected chinese in my elder daughter's kinder life, even though she is excellent in Eng but  chinese level is not as local kinder. In conclusion, we shall keep our little boy in BH and addition private chinese tutor start from end of K1 or early K2.
Message Board Code

27#
發表於 12-5-24 14:14 |只看該作者
For Boxhill nursery ( not K1 ) , did  they teach Cantonese/ Chinese ?
How many kids per class ?

28#
發表於 12-5-24 17:07 |只看該作者
in N1, they have 20mins Chinese lesson each day. 3 days in Cantonese,  2 days in PTH.

Remember they told us 2x each class.

29#
發表於 12-5-30 17:30 |只看該作者
PiyoC ,
BH is teaching Chinese traditional Chinese.  BH has both Madarin and Cantonese lesson rotates each ady.  toward K3, they are more focus on Cantonese rather Mandarin. If you are aiming for RC, they are also teaching traditonal Chinese.   so writing wise it's not an issue. Speaking wise, you may want to put more emphasis on Mandarin.

ivvywong

If you are not really aiming for international schoo, then I personally don't recommend you for BH because
1. Although the chinese is getting more difficult, but when you compare with famous local chinese kinder, it's still behind.
2. BH is a happy school which less strict on discipline and less homework, if you do aim for local school in Primary,  then your kid or you might find it difficult to adjust.   
3. In term of information sharing on applying local schools, BH isn't that proactive as well as informative. I have spoken to Mrs. King (MOS BH principal) how to improve it.   But don't think it will happen for a while.

30#
發表於 12-5-31 03:37 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

31#
發表於 12-5-31 09:19 |只看該作者
回復 xx33 的帖子

Hixx33, may i know the percentage of the hitted rate for RC this year?  Knowing from you, 100% got interview from RC, how was that result?  Thank you so much! Many thx.

32#
發表於 12-5-31 15:20 |只看該作者
回復 xx33 的帖子

I am curious to know why it is easier to get into RC than ESF primiary?Aren't they both under ESF organisation?

If BH's students do not target in RC or international, where did they go finally? seems not many parents here talked about the P1 allocation results in BH.

33#
發表於 12-5-31 16:17 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 vinvillalee 於 12-5-31 16:18 編輯

If you all wants to know more about RC, I suggest you joined their school tour.

34#
發表於 12-5-31 16:19 |只看該作者
回復 PiyoC 的帖子

It is because ESF primary school has Cat 1 Cat 2 system but RC doesn't.

35#
發表於 12-5-31 17:11 |只看該作者
As a BH parent, I disagreed that BH is not targetting for international school. in the recent K2, we got almost more than half of them applied internation schools (RC, ESF, Anfield etc).   In the past two years, there are about 3 classes of K2 and only down to 1 class of K3 by the time they reach to K3.   This year, RC specifically, there was about 30+ applicants from BH applying for RC, around 26 get into RC. The percentrage is around 70%.  Of course, when you compare with the previous year, the number does get dropped.   But when you compare the numbers of applicants vs WKS kinders, of course the total numbers of applicants is relatively smaller.

Having said that, instead of looking to the higher chance to get into RC or what other int'l school you want to, the debate I had is
a) How much Chinese language you want your kids have.
b) What IF my kid don't get into ESF or anyone of the internatinoal school, what other options that I have.  I had the same struggle as most of you before. the only thing I cannot give up is the Chinese language which I want them to study.   

Just my 2cents.  

36#
發表於 12-6-2 18:14 |只看該作者
PiyoC, most Kids from BH target RC. I agree that when RC seems easier than Esf, it would be due to the category issue. 70% of RC students had to be from family of Hk resident. However, you will not be accepted if your English language ability is below expectation. As for Sjs, they need to set priority to Esf kinder applicants and also cat 1 applicants.
As for where would the remaining students of BH go to after K3, I think it is fair to comprehend that BH has no advantage over local or dss schools.  This is an intl kinder n they don't aim to train you for those local school interviews unlike preparations for interview at RC or ESf. That's my feeling. Students just apply at their own expense.

37#
發表於 12-6-3 00:22 |只看該作者

38#
發表於 12-6-3 00:41 |只看該作者

39#
發表於 12-6-3 00:52 |只看該作者

40#
發表於 12-6-5 08:17 |只看該作者
回復 xx33 的帖子

Hi xx33,
It seems a very high hit rate last year and a big drop this year, can you find out something that causes the low hit rate this year??  How was the wks students level?  Are they really below the entrance requirement?  If not what sort of thing that caused the result?  Can the wks students speak fluently in English then?  Does any of them are sliblings of RC?  
Seems a bit worry for me.
Many many many thanks.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖