用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 小一面試分享:無奬、無証書、無交個人檔案的結果 ...
樓主: iantsang
go

小一面試分享:無奬、無証書、無交個人檔案的結果     [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 11-10-8 01:20 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

王國長老

102#
發表於 11-10-8 01:47 |只看該作者
沒法子,溝通失敗,但必須嚴正聲明我從沒意思說任何家長失敗,大家培育子女方法不同。我堅決否認這個指控。

不再爭辯了。祝福各位小朋友可以入讀合適的學校,有愉快的校園生活,在自信中成長。

103#
發表於 11-10-8 04:57 |只看該作者
好值得嘉獎 , 多謝分享

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-6 14:29 發表
除了無奬、無証書、無個人檔案之外:

重要係非教友、非原校幼稚園生、本身幼稚園有龍校、用穿著幼稚園校服的學生相、住得唔近、無學術性課外活動、無上面試班、無特別作面試準備、零催谷、無異能、無關係等等。

我 ...

104#
發表於 11-10-8 07:41 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

醒目開學勳章

105#
發表於 11-10-8 09:16 |只看該作者
Good morning to everyone!  It's going to be a busy day for many families today.  Good luck to everyone!

I am sorry to cause some members' negative reactions due to this post.  I just like to make this clear the intention was to encourage everyone to stay positive and focus on giving the most suitable education for your children, not just the best school.  That's all!  The sharing itself can apply to anyone really, so I never treat this as a story which belongs to our family alone.  I am only voicing it out for the others.

This was not meant to be a  share of success.  I believe I didn't accept any congratulations through this thread, as that was not why I posted this.  If there are members who were offended or disturbed by my sharing, please kindly accept my apology.

At the end, it is unfortunate that a member has chosen to use the form of personal attacks to express the negative feelings.  I feel really sorry for this to happen and the consequences.

I guess that's all what I wanna say here, and please remember to stay positive!  Good luck and my best wishes to everyone!

Ian

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

106#
發表於 11-10-8 10:04 |只看該作者
在此再一次提醒會員:

教育王國不容許任何侵犯個人私隱之言論或留言,一經發現有會員有意或無意地公開其他會員或非會員之個人資料(包括電話號碼、電郵地址、ICQ號碼等等)時,版主或會刪去或修改,而不作出通知。

會員如在文章中發表任何言論而被告誹謗,一切後果教育王國恕不負責,並保留刪除有關文章之權利,如教育王國因會員言論而需負上民事責任,將保留向會員作出追究之權利。"

醒目開學勳章

107#
發表於 11-10-10 08:56 |只看該作者
原帖由 仕澄母 於 11-10-7 23:30 發表
我覺得坂主,可能同時代脫節。你們看一看,今年所有直資同私校都人山人海,當校方有得選擇時,他會選最好的學生。每個申請表都是形式,那麼個人檔案便是學校選人的手段,當然要看一看申請人是不是跟檔案一樣,這是市場主導 ...

仕澄母,

想了又想,還是決定用中文回覆一次。

對於您們暫時不愉快的面試經驗,深表惋惜,希望您們很快便能得到心儀學校的垂青。

我很清楚現時直資和私小的報考人數持續上升,就連以往被人覺得逢報必收的學校,去年開始此「情」不再。但是這不代表每一間學校的收生條件是一樣,好學生的定義,在學校和家長眼中已有很大的分別。

照您所說,學校都以個人檔案作考慮,那我介紹兩間不考慮這資料的私小讓您參考:德雅和聖類斯。兩間學校由於有相同會祖,辦學理念相近,亦能保留「有教無類」的精神。以我所知,德雅是不收取個人檔案的,而聖類斯亦不考慮,但如家長堅持提交,仍會先收下,但收生決定是以面試作準,這點我可以肯定。昨晚替您查過,兩間學校還未截止,但都在幾日之內。德雅也是我們最後一間要面試的學校。

最後小小補充,當初只是對於眼見現時的情況感到可惜,希望一個小小的分享可以為大家打點氣,在等待中不要放棄,絕對沒有炫耀之意。一個放棄原校BAND 1私小的家庭,亦不可能因為有一間其他人認為逢報必收的學校錄取去大鑼大鼓,我相信大家都是明理的人,亦不用太多解釋。

在此,再衷心祝您和大家很快收到好消息!

IanTsang

點評

fanfanbb  well said, thank you for your information which I am now collecting  發表於 13-6-27 11:36

108#
發表於 11-10-10 10:17 |只看該作者
I remember when I started working (many years ago!), I only used English exclusively in writing; at a later job, I need to talk and write in Chinese all the time and, after going through a tough learning period exceeding 8 years [I was/am a bit dumb so I could only learn slowly and a bit at a time], I managed to write "reasonable" Chinese documents with a "reasonable" speed and quality. :)

Practice makes perfect(熟能生巧)^_^

This is a wonderful thread and thanks Ian and many others for the positive energy and great bread for thought.
原帖由 Sumyeema1 於 11-10-6 17:43 發表
Ian, 多謝你的正能量。

日日寫中文,你 d 中文好快同英文一樣....甘好。

[ 本帖最後由 thomasha 於 11-10-10 10:19 編輯 ]

109#
發表於 11-10-10 10:26 |只看該作者
Very true indeed.  Of course, if one chooses not to follow the norm, one has consequences to bear with and not everyone is willing to bear with them.

This thread encourages many parents who refuse or can't follow the "norm" for one reason or another and, if there were a "like" button in posts here or the thread itself, I would have certainly clicked on it.  I also admire parents who have the courage to make this choice.  Salute!
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-6 19:27 發表

It's a pity the norm of the society nowadays is on quantity rather than quality.  But that doesn't mean everyone have to follow that.  

110#
發表於 11-10-10 10:33 |只看該作者
The mindset is really important here.

Decorating my son's personal profile with certificates was never our intention, but we still let our son learn different things because we thought they were good for him and he liked them; the certificates served as evidence of learning them, i.e. for reference and nothing else.   We do not know any prominent people who can write powerful and effective (in securing a place in an elite school) reference letters, but we did include reference letters who wrote truthful remarks on personality and the learning process about our son.  

Certificates and extra-curricular activities are not evil by themselves, but when parents do not use them for education or development of their child, the good things turn into a burden and a bad example to the child.
原帖由 edea 於 11-10-6 23:13 發表
Ian說得好好. 和我的理念都是相近的.

從不想要女兒學這學那, 為了一張張certificate來裝飾profile. 或許是幸運之神眷顧, 至今女兒都有好學校錄取, 面試時真的沒有profile, 也沒有certificates.....

愛閱讀, 就閱 ...

[ 本帖最後由 thomasha 於 11-10-10 10:50 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章 貢獻勳章

111#
發表於 11-10-10 10:37 |只看該作者
睇完呢幾日幾版嘅討論,我認同版主們所講:家長要為孩子揾一間合適嘅學校,而學校同時想揾合適嘅小朋友
而我亦深信面試表現比小朋友响某某名校,又或者上過幾多興趣班更為重要!而portfolio嘅目的,唔係要"曬冷",而係家長有幾了解孩子,想突出孩子邊方面嘅特質

出年先到我,睇見咁多唔同家長有唔同嘅信念,我相信,同樣地,學校都睇到每個家庭教育嘅分別,無話啱定錯,但只有學校揀佢地合適嘅小朋友
祝大家好運!
恐龍家

醒目開學勳章

112#
發表於 11-10-10 11:24 |只看該作者
原帖由 thomasha 於 11-10-10 10:17 發表
I remember when I started working (many years ago!), I only used English exclusively in writing; at a later job, I need to talk and write in Chinese all the time and, after going through a tough learn ...

Good morning Thomas,

Thank you very much for your unselfish sharing to let me know I have "time" to start learning how to write Chinese again!  I will try my best but I can only limit to cases when necessary.  It's still an old habit which is tough to change when time is limited and you try to express as much as possible.

這次經驗令我學懂一件事,下次還是別說是自己的孩子比較好!

醒目開學勳章

113#
發表於 11-10-10 11:27 |只看該作者
原帖由 thomasha 於 11-10-10 10:26 發表
Very true indeed.  Of course, if one chooses not to follow the norm, one has consequences to bear with and not everyone is willing to bear with them.

This thread encourages many parents who refuse or ...

Thanks again for the encouragement!  I must say it is such a difficult road which would make anyone smart not to take such risks!

There will be such function may be next year, looking forward to see your "like"!

醒目開學勳章

114#
發表於 11-10-10 11:35 |只看該作者
原帖由 thomasha 於 11-10-10 10:33 發表
The mindset is really important here.

Decorating my son's personal profile with certificates was never our intention, but we still let our son learn different things because we thought they were good ...

Totally agree!  What you said is very true!

The certificates and awards are not evil at all!  The importance is they should be for the good development of the children at right timing.  There are psychological and physiological concerns which must not be overlook and they must be handle with care, and at the right timing.

115#
發表於 11-10-10 11:52 |只看該作者
You're most welcome.  I believe sharing can stimulate thoughts and provide useful information. :)

As I said, it took me 8 years of daily practice to make sufficient progress to have a reasonable standard because I am a slow learner, and (just like children) every person's learning curve is different and I'm quite sure people like you have a steeper learning curve than mine. ^_^

只要有恆心,鐵柱磨成針。只要發掘到需要和熱誠,自然就會學得有效又愉快。

家長通常都會覺得自己的孩子好,這是無可厚非的,只要不是懷著比較之心,褒獎一下又何妨,始終人家要對號入座是人家的事嘛!
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-10 11:24 發表

Good morning Thomas,

Thank you very much for your unselfish sharing to let me know I have "time" to start learning how to write Chinese again!  I will try my best but I can only limit to cases when ...

[ 本帖最後由 thomasha 於 11-10-10 12:00 編輯 ]

116#
發表於 11-10-10 12:03 |只看該作者
Very true.  Sometimes I am puzzled by some parents who let their children learn things requiring small muscles movements when they are not developed sufficiently yet.  We should understand what stages our children are undergoing so that we can plan suitable activities for them (with their interest and consent for sure).
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-10 11:35 發表

Totally agree!  What you said is very true!

The certificates and awards are not evil at all!  The importance is they should be for the good development of the children at right timing.  There are p ...

[ 本帖最後由 thomasha 於 11-10-10 12:05 編輯 ]

117#
發表於 11-10-10 12:14 |只看該作者
Thanks for the information.  Glad to know BK is improving its functions.  

As a side note, I hope the search function can be improved as it's quite difficult to retrieve previous posts related to a certain topic and many parents seem to prefer starting new threads asking for information already set out in detail in previous (e.g. last year's) posts than digging through old posts in agony.
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-10 11:27 發表

Thanks again for the encouragement!  I must say it is such a difficult road which would make anyone smart not to take such risks!

There will be such function may be next year, looking forward to se ...

醒目開學勳章

118#
發表於 11-10-10 12:31 |只看該作者
原帖由 thomasha 於 11-10-10 12:03 發表
Very true.  Sometimes I am puzzled by some parents who let their children learn things requiring small muscles movements when they are not developed sufficiently yet.  We should understand what stages ...

This is also what I had in mind.  This is probably the most "evil" part where some children are being requested to do things just a bit too soon to keep up with the competition.  It is where the whole idea get twisted, to be ahead without considering the individual differences.  But how can we blame the parents for this?

醒目開學勳章

119#
發表於 11-10-10 12:33 |只看該作者
原帖由 thomasha 於 11-10-10 12:14 發表
Thanks for the information.  Glad to know BK is improving its functions.  

As a side note, I hope the search function can be improved as it's quite difficult to retrieve previous posts related to a c ...

Thanks for the suggestions and we are aware of this.  Unfortunately the search can only be put back on with the next upgrade.  There are technical concerns which makes it unable to let users use this function effectively like before.

I would go a google search based on forum.edu-kingdom.com to limit the search and it works fine.  Hope this is useful for you and others!

120#
發表於 11-10-10 12:41 |只看該作者
Thanks iantsang and thomasha for your sharing.  I really did learn a lot from you both and other parents in BK.

Though the HK education system and primary school application process have a lot of problems, I think as a parent, we need to have clear mind to differentiate what're important to the development our children, and how to protect them from not being pressurized.

After attending several interviews in the past month, I found that for those schools I chose for my girl, what the school values, are really things that we teach on daily life, e.g. courtesy, positive, love learning, etc.  

It's not easy to be parents nowadays, but it's good that we can share and support each other here.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題