搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Mathematics in the PYP -Parents workshop
發新帖
查看: 1051|回覆: 3
go

Mathematics in the PYP -Parents workshop [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-1-27 21:44 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I was surprised by the number of parents (approximate  50) showed up in this workshop which was hold at 5:30pm today.

It was actually a data collection event which parents helped to provide, collect, organize and interpret data which were asked in the survey.

We were disappointed as there was no clear indication of  how the data would be used to improve the Mathematics curriculum in the PYP.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-1-28 17:31 |只看該作者

回復 1# ozone11417 的帖子

From my point of view, if the event was just for data collection, the whole event can be achieved more comprehensively and  effectively thru  an electronic format, even though some of the survey  questions are open ended in nature.

BTW, I don't think the organiser was utilizing the school and the parent resources appropriately. (1.5 hours * (50parents+6 teachers )), more than 84 hours could have been saved with better result and bigger pool of information.

They could have collect  inputs from more parents if the survey was designed in electronic format properly.

I  was also unhappy and  wonder why the teacher do not take parts in interpreting  the data  collected but just let the parents doing their own interpretation.

We were not there to learn how to communicate with other parents or to take our first class in data collection.

We were there to check out how the school would provide a Math curriculum in PYP which can nuture   our kids for later stage of the IB program. Very disappointed!

[ 本帖最後由 acdad 於 11-1-28 17:34 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 11-1-28 21:46 |只看該作者
I heard the same comment this morning.  Would any participant send Mr Muller or whoever about our concern?

4#
發表於 11-1-29 04:39 |只看該作者
The issue was raised to him a few years ago.From the gesture they showed yesterday and the things they did in the last few years , it is not easy to ask anyone to make a change. And our RAPT is so impotent to represent anything for us.

原帖由 Radiomama 於 11-1-28 21:46 發表
I heard the same comment this morning.  Would any participant send Mr Muller or whoever about our concern?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題