用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Is IB Curriculum Really Better For Active Children?!
發新帖
查看: 2750|回覆: 14
go

Is IB Curriculum Really Better For Active Children?! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-9-26 18:44 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
As subjected. My hubby and I,both went to local schools and can be regarded as at least top 5-8% among all students of my age.

Now I have a 4 year old girl. She has a strong personality, very energetic and can be moody too. Some say she is smarter than average but I found her learning mode is different from others. Some of her playgroup teachers got her wrongly and said she was not ready. While actually she needs a few classroom sessions to build the fundamental concepts of the classroom routines and the context of new things.

We tried a tradition catholic kinder for a year and found that she could not fit in.

Actually we believe she can enter the top local universities like her parents if we continue to push her. But the process is really tiring and painful judging from the current standard.

I would like to ask if IB Schools really good for children with strong and active personality.

Thx in advance.
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-9-27 11:13 |只看該作者
IB不是只是一個課程的大綱/範圍嗎? 與教學方法無關, 不是嗎??

如果是問IB SCHOOL是否適合你女女, 那是否指由小學直到中學都行IB的學校? 在香港好像只有幾間, 如: 維多利亞; RC.

醒目開學勳章

3#
發表於 10-9-27 13:26 |只看該作者
原帖由 syslam 於 10-9-26 18:44 發表
As subjected. My hubby and I,both went to local schools and can be regarded as at least top 5-8% among all students of my age.

Now I have a 4 year old girl. She has a strong personality, very energe ...

IB is suitable for children/students that are more willing to express their ideas (out-spoken). At the same time, IB would not be suitable for people that are not motivated and has poor language skills.
IB school or international schools are not a solution to children with behaviour problems as many western teachers are also very strict.
Having said that, unless your child has already been assessed and said to have issues/problems, I would say it is not wise to presume she is different from other children.

醒目開學勳章

4#
發表於 10-9-27 13:39 |只看該作者
原帖由 debbieip 於 10-9-27 11:13 發表
IB不是只是一個課程的大綱/範圍嗎? 與教學方法無關, 不是嗎??

如果是問IB SCHOOL是否適合你女女, 那是否指由小學直到中學都行IB的學校? 在香港好像只有幾間, 如: 維多利亞; RC. ...

IB is not merely a curriculum. And there are other "requirements" that a school has to follow in order to get approval to become an IB school.

A list of all approved IB schools can be found on the IBO websites.

5#
發表於 10-9-27 13:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 Darth 於 10-9-27 13:39 發表
IB is not merely a curriculum. And there are other "requirements" that a school has to follow in order to get approval to become an IB school.

A list of all approved IB schools can be found on the  ...

Thanks for your clarification.

So many parents was misled by those claimed "IB approach" schools, follow IB curriculum is not a IB listed or registered schools.

醒目開學勳章

6#
發表於 10-9-27 14:52 |只看該作者
原帖由 ANChan59 於 10-9-27 13:53 發表

Thanks for your clarification.

So many parents was misled by those claimed "IB approach" schools, follow IB curriculum is not a IB listed or registered schools.

I would not say "misled" because parents should do their own due diligence and get information from more than one source.
In any case, IB is a very demanding curriculum and is not suitable for everyone.

醒目開學勳章

7#
發表於 10-9-27 15:12 |只看該作者
原帖由 Darth 於 10-9-27 13:26 發表

IB is suitable for children/students that are more willing to express their ideas (out-spoken). At the same time, IB would not be suitable for people that are not motivated and has poor language ski ...

I also want to know more about the IB exam, can u briefly explain that? Thanks very much.

8#
發表於 10-9-27 16:16 |只看該作者
原帖由 Darth 於 10-9-27 14:52 發表
I would not say "misled" because parents should do their own due diligence and get information from more than one source.
In any case, IB is a very demanding curriculum and is not suitable for every ...

I took your point.

Unfortunately, not every parents do their due diligence about IB& IB schools, even not check the IB schoo list in IBO web site, just rely on heresay.

醒目開學勳章

9#
發表於 10-9-28 12:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 ANChan59 於 10-9-27 16:16 發表

I took your point.

Unfortunately, not every parents do their due diligence about IB& IB schools, even not check the IB schoo list in IBO web site, just rely on heresay.

Oh, the power of heresay.
May be I can start telling people that at ESF, we have 100 full score IBDP students this past year. 50 of them went to Harvard and 50 went to Cambridge.

10#
發表於 10-9-28 12:37 |只看該作者

回覆 9# Darth 的文章

You may misunderstand my point. I agreed with your views.

The second paragraph related to other parents, not you.

11#
發表於 10-9-28 12:41 |只看該作者
Thx all for ur sharing.

Can you express more on the type of workload like the kind of homework and  EAC they have?

Well my girl is very expressive when she's good mood. But she needs longer time to open herself to  stranger and new things.

12#
發表於 10-9-29 09:48 |只看該作者
Well my girl is very expressive when she's good mood. But she needs longer time to open herself to  stranger and new things.
UNQUOTE

Hi, Syslam
其実大部分小朋友都係GUM,没有特別、完全不可因為這様就説適合IB OR 不適合。  You got to be good at both science and arts subjects.  I would say more on the effort side than anything else.
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

13#
發表於 10-9-29 22:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 Mighty 於 10-9-29 09:48 發表

Hi, Syslam
其実大部分小朋友都係GUM,没有特別、完全不可因為這 ...

Well she needs much longer time than the majority. It all becuz she's so unwilling to follow instructions not fully understood by her. But for most of the time she actually does not like to take instructions....until she realize she needs to or will be punished or become a loser in some sense.

14#
發表於 10-9-29 22:38 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

15#
發表於 10-10-1 18:58 |只看該作者
Ruth_Esther,

Thx for your reminder. It's very useful indeed.

I just have a glimpse on the PYP's curriculum.

It seems to be the kind of school "knowledge" we are expecting for our next generation.

I haven't pay attention to the IB curriculum as I have made up my mind that my girl should attend HK style traditional schools. Until recently, we found her personality difficult to fit in the old style. I can imagine she being compliant by teachers of traditional primary schools.

So I just start to explore IB curriculum. Hope it's not too late!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖