用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單 ...
樓主: iantsang
go

全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單     [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

141#
發表於 09-11-14 12:05 |只看該作者
Hi angelacyn,

I agree with you they both gave me an impression that they emphasize on English training.  However, I have little information concerning their training on Chinese.

May be any other parents can share?

Ian

原帖由 angelacyn 於 09-11-13 00:14 發表
Dear Iantsang,

Any comments do you have on St.Johannes and Stafford?  It seems that both are good in English, but not sure their Chinese proficiency.  May you please share your views?  Thanks.

] ...

142#
發表於 09-11-25 11:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 lausy 於 09-9-28 01:21 發表
Thank you for all sharing & information!

All the best & good luck for interview !

the bad thing is the kid has no any time for sleep in the middle of day.
(\~~/) (\~~/)
(~'.'~) (^.^ )
(_(__  (_(__)~ *^-^*

143#
發表於 09-11-25 14:36 |只看該作者
Hi Ian

so glad we have a heartful Dad that use his heart to love her daughters and of course to share the information with parents

I have applied St Paul Church, Precious Blood, St Margaret Mary's and lingliang; personally I prefer SPC and SMM but would like to hear your comment.  Basically my son didn't have enough point to go through the allocation and need to try his luck on the central allocation.  But we also like him to go to a good kindergarten for his well being.

144#
發表於 09-11-25 14:37 |只看該作者
thank you very much, iantsang. you give us much useful information.

I applied over 30 kindergartens for my daughter, since I worry much for her school life, and I still  in the shadow of failure experience last year when we applied PN.

Fortunenately, in the first round interview, she was accepted by Kau Yan, York and Creative. I paid the reservation fee of Kau Yan and York, since one has primary and the other is good at English. I gave up Creative since I heard it's a happy kinder and relative easy teaching, then BB may be hard when go to primary.  

the second round, I applied KV, 浸大附屬, Munsang, Learning Habit, St Clare, Pui Ching, some of them finished interview, and some of them don't.

the third round, should be St Paul, Sacred Heart, which I think should be very difficult to join. so my focus is on the second round.

your point is very right, the parent's choice should depend on what's they want, one-dragon or English-focus.  I consider it thousands time, at last I think one-dragon is more important since there are more BB born in 07 and 08, choose one-dragon, at least no need worry again 2 years later.

As you said, if we choose one-dragon, then should have English class outside, apart from Cambridge English exam, say ESOL, what kind of class you recommend?  

and will ask your suggestion when we have notice from the second round schools.
(\~~/) (\~~/)
(~'.'~) (^.^ )
(_(__  (_(__)~ *^-^*

醒目開學勳章

145#
發表於 09-11-27 01:32 |只看該作者
I didn't studied these four kindergartens in great details but personally I would prefer St. Margaret Mary's and St. Paul's Church.

原帖由 Witata 於 09-11-25 14:36 發表
Hi Ian

so glad we have a heartful Dad that use his heart to love her daughters and of course to share the information with parents

I have applied St Paul Church, Precious Blood, St Margaret Mary's  ...

醒目開學勳章

146#
發表於 09-11-27 09:24 |只看該作者
You have applied for 30 kindergartens?  That's really a lot and you must be very busy running around the past few weekends.

Thosethat you have in group 3 are good backups to wait upon resultsannounced for those in group 2.  No need to decided too soon butconsider the total number of kindergartens you have applied, paying allthe registration will be very costly.  Do keep me posted and I wish Ican help you to minimize the costs there.  I do agree with yourselections so far in group 3.  

English is not a huge concernto me so I haven't found any reasons to supplement the kindergarten mydaughter is attending so far.  I think the training is sufficient atthis point.  For a kid in this age, any kind of additional training isbeneficial to them so no need to worry too much there.  Taking examslike Cambridge are for the purpose to get some certificates to enrichthe profile for primary admission only.  In our case, we are happy withthe one-dragon primary school so we have no intentions to take theseexams also.

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/ian-kingdom/article?mid=45

原帖由 冷暖自知 於 09-11-25 14:37 發表
thank you very much, iantsang. you give us much useful information.

I applied over 30 kindergartens for my daughter, since I worry much for her school life, and I still  in the shadow of failure exp ...

147#
發表於 09-11-28 23:34 |只看該作者

回覆 1# iantsang 的文章

hi iantsang,

do you think GH and SH which is better if living area and school fee is not concern, tks.

148#
發表於 09-11-28 23:40 |只看該作者

回覆 1# iantsang 的文章

hi iantsang,

do you think GH and SH which is better if living area and school fee is not the problem, tks.

醒目開學勳章

149#
發表於 09-11-29 00:01 |只看該作者
There's a current link discussing over these two kindergartens and I have also commented on:

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2172057&page=1#pid32578969

GH is new kinder after closing for around 30 years.  So I don't understand if anyone can really have any basis for comparison.

Look at it this way, Sacred Heart is one of the school with the longest history.  This year is the 150th anniversary.  For a school to have such long history, there are a lot of values accumulated so these cannot be under-valued.  Good Hope, on the other hand, has about 50-60 years of history (I hope I am correct), and the reason they become more recognized in the past years is because they have changed to a private/DSS model.

原帖由 fatpooh 於 09-11-28 23:40 發表
hi iantsang,

do you think GH and SH which is better if living area and school fee is not the problem, tks.

150#
發表於 09-11-29 00:55 |只看該作者

回覆 1# iantsang 的文章

hi iantsang,

tks for yr info.

the banding of SH and GH secondary school, which one is higher ?

151#
發表於 09-11-29 01:07 |只看該作者
Hi iantsang, I enjoy very much to read your post since I can learn much about the kinders for comparison, so worthy to take time to read your comments.

Would you pls comment Pooi To kindergarten since I got an offer from it.....I just think it is a good kindergarten to let my small daughter to study just based on 1 main reason, its over 120 years history. May I know your comments? Thanks a lot!

醒目開學勳章

152#
發表於 09-11-29 01:09 |只看該作者
Banding is no longer public information since few years ago as releasing such information is prohibited by the Education Bureau.  Unfortunately I don't work for them so I wouldn't have access to them (and can't publish it even if I have )

As I mentioned for many many times, not meaningful at all to compare "banding" for schools of different types, fundamentally SHCC is gov't aided so students are from allocation (banding exists) while GHS is a Direct subsidized school where they have control over their own admission so banding doesn't really exists.  

Specifically for SHCC, as they take in 90% of their students from their own primary school, so it means all these are either band 1 or band 2 students.  Their priority is to accept as much of their own students so they can stay with the Scared Heart family, not just to take as much academically good students from outside as they can.

原帖由 fatpooh 於 09-11-29 00:55 發表
hi iantsang,

tks for yr info.

the banding of SH and GH secondary school, which one is higher ?

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-11-29 01:15 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

153#
發表於 09-11-29 01:20 |只看該作者
Hi MyAshley,

I like Pooi To too so last year we also applied and got an offer from them.  It's a good school so that's why it is in the list of schools we applied.  Of course, building a child to be very strong academically is not the first priority of this school but I know the principal is very good as she is also the principal of the primary school.  They can teach the children to be well-behaved.  Another concern will be their focus on Chinese as their secondary school has long history of using Chinese as teaching medium.  If you prefer such teaching method, then it will be even better.

Ian

原帖由 MyAshley 於 09-11-29 01:07 發表
Hi iantsang, I enjoy very much to read your post since I can learn much about the kinders for comparison, so worthy to take time to read your comments.

Would you pls comment Pooi To kindergarten sin ...

154#
發表於 09-11-29 01:31 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 09-11-29 01:20 發表
Hi MyAshley,

I like Pooi To too so last year we also applied and got an offer from them.  It's a good school so that's why it is in the list of schools we applied.  Of course, building a child to be  ...

Thanks iantsang for your prompt reply and your valuable comments! Pooi To is the 1st kinder my daughter interviewed and also the 1st kinder given the offer. Now I am waiting the results of KV, KM, MS, PLK TAM AU YEUNG SIU FONG & waiting interview of ST ROSE of LIMA. Do you have any comments that can share with me regarding these 2 kinders?

Thanks a lot!!

醒目開學勳章

155#
發表於 09-11-29 01:38 |只看該作者
I am sorry but which two?  Pooi To and St. Rose of Lima's?

Need to sleep as having busy day tomorrow, please leave me the message and I will find time to reply you.

Ian

原帖由 MyAshley 於 09-11-29 01:31 發表

Thanks iantsang for your prompt reply and your valuable comments! Pooi To is the 1st kinder my daughter interviewed and also the 1st kinder given the offer. Now I am waiting the results of KV, KM, M ...

156#
發表於 09-11-29 01:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 09-11-29 01:38 發表
I am sorry but which two?  Pooi To and St. Rose of Lima's?

Need to sleep as having busy day tomorrow, please leave me the message and I will find time to reply you.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I mean PLK Tam Au Yeung Siu Fong & St. Rose of Lima.

Good night Ian!

醒目開學勳章

157#
發表於 09-11-29 21:57 |只看該作者
I am sorry but I have no knowledge of PLK Tam Au Yeung Siu Fong.

原帖由 MyAshley 於 09-11-29 01:49 發表

Hi Ian,

I mean PLK Tam Au Yeung Siu Fong & St. Rose of Lima.

Good night Ian!

158#
發表於 09-12-2 15:38 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 09-11-29 01:09 發表
Banding is no longer public information since few years ago as releasing such information is prohibited by the Education Bureau.  Unfortunately I don't work for them so I wouldn't have access to them  ...

原帖由 iantsang
09-11-29 01:09 發表

Banding is no longer public information since few years ago as releasing such information is prohibited by the Education Bureau.  Unfortunately I don't work for them so I wouldn't have access to them  ...

agree. it's not meaningful to compare the "banding" of the schools and actually "banding" is not applied to school but to students.

btw, fatpool, in case u r interested in the academic performance of the two schools, u may check their latest school report at

GH

http://www.ghs.edu.hk/plans_reports/Annual_School_report_08-09.pdf?bcsi_scan_3DEEF8B2B86C9048=0&bcsi_scan_filename=Annual_School_report_08-09.pdf

SH
http://www.shcc.edu.hk/info/report0910/report.pdf

hope the above can help.

159#
發表於 09-12-2 16:38 |只看該作者
testing testing

醒目開學勳章

160#
發表於 09-12-8 11:39 |只看該作者
Thank bakusensai for your supply of additional information.

原帖由 bakusensei 於 09-12-2 15:38 發表

agree. it's not meaningful to compare the "banding" of the schools and actually "banding" is not applied to school but to students.

btw, fatpool, in case u r interested in the academic perfor ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖