搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 那間 直資 / 私立 是真正活動教學?
樓主: mickychow
go

那間 直資 / 私立 是真正活動教學?   [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 09-9-11 20:20 |只看該作者

回覆 76# fongyuen 的文章

To the point and thus lots of parent who are in the educational field are go for the IB system. You can observe the overall structure of HK new system is similar in nature to IB but will you believe just a few days of training for the school teachers can transform their mindset to the new delivery, assessment etc. One supplement is DSS still bind mainly to go for the HK system and it will impose great pressure to the kids in upper forms in order they can compete with those machines (although is 334 now and in future, since all those teachers are the same, you will expect a lots of complaint will come from students regarding the continuous assessment marks in school).

82#
發表於 09-9-11 20:38 |只看該作者

回覆 79# ziyi 的文章

Although we all hope our kid(s) can enter University (no matter Local or Oversea), taking IB or not should not  focus on it. This sytem actually screen out those machines and ask you to learn, digest and present the material as if is their own work. So they will not allow you just focus on a few subject content (may be that's the reason some school don't like it).
I personally strongly support the education reform in Hong Kong now, I just don't trust their implementation in the coming tens of year. That's the reason why our official's kids are studying in IS not because of English (always say domestic helper can also speak English), is the system IS has!

83#
發表於 09-9-11 20:44 |只看該作者

回覆 80# flostangraphy 的文章

It is not IB more difficult, the fact is kids can not concentrate on some narrow subjects area thus seems to get overall grade point lower in comparing to GCE.
Curriculum of IB is from IBO, you can search from the official web of it.

84#
發表於 09-9-11 21:31 |只看該作者
什麼教學學制, 方式都講條件.  不同條件生出不同效應.  

我對334冇信心, 有改變還好, 但也並不擔心.  高中只是人生學習一小段, 難與易或者效果如何也不重要.  同一樣學校, 一樣老師, 一樣學生, 一樣家長.  他們影響比課程改變還大.  逆境困難有成也可鍛鍊意志, 有失必有得.

85#
發表於 09-9-11 21:41 |只看該作者
i'm impressed!!!
thanks very much father ho!!!

原帖由 father_ho 於 11/9/2009 20:44 發表
It is not IB more difficult, the fact is kids can not concentrate on some narrow subjects area thus seems to get overall grade point lower in comparing to GCE.
Curriculum of IB is from IBO, you can se ...
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

86#
發表於 09-9-11 21:46 |只看該作者
政府d野,今日334,聽日424,而家選小一,唔好攪到好似投資咁啦,重講到越黎越遠,小學都未入重講大學

而我個人認為,一定要為小朋友著想,搵近屋企既,適合小朋友身心發展既(活動定傳統),校風好既,資源充足(例如以普教中)都唔係班班有啦~,小朋友讀得開心係好緊要,唔係你地去讀,真係唔好要個小朋友辛苦咁多年啦~ 重有排捱架陰功....

87#
發表於 09-9-11 22:02 |只看該作者
同意, 只係小學je, 我會從小朋友角度考慮, 主要係佢地可以enjoy school life, 喜愛學習, 享受過程, 已經足夠.

至於將來334又好, ib又好, 始終會係大圍事, 宜家都預計唔到, 只可以到時都係既來之則安之.

88#
發表於 09-9-11 22:19 |只看該作者
同埋唔好令小朋友抗拒學習,咁就影響一生架啦~

原帖由 G-Ma 於 09-9-11 22:02 發表
同意, 只係小學je, 我會從小朋友角度考慮, 主要係佢地可以enjoy school life, 喜愛學習, 享受過程, 已經足夠.

至於將來334又好, ib又好, 始終會係大圍事, 宜家都預計唔到, 只可以到時都係既來之則安之. ...

89#
發表於 09-9-11 22:38 |只看該作者
Due to a lack of confidence in the government particularly their capability to implement different policy, my consideration for choosing a school for my son starts from the basics - i.e. happy school life, good teachers, bilingual, kids can develop interest to learn, kids can learn to be independent and most important of all, good attitude.   I believe activity approach school can achieve these so I give up traditional school.   

原帖由 Reximom 於 09-9-11 16:03 發表

At this stage, no one can tell you the answer. 你啱, 不過你對教育局, 考試局班官僚真係咁有信心? 香港政府d假大空野真係多不勝算, 好既概念到頭來就會變質, 例如數碼港變左地產港. 至於教育, 最經典都算係學能 ...

醒目開學勳章

90#
發表於 09-9-11 22:40 |只看該作者
好耐冇見過有一個討論o左咁耐又咁理性o既topic o既! 我覺得呢個topic好值得所有正在為小朋友選校而努力o既父母參考! 多謝咁多位!

91#
發表於 09-9-11 23:29 |只看該作者
無錯, 呢個topic既家長都好理性同好有風度.

92#
發表於 09-9-11 23:39 |只看該作者
I did not mean that our 334 is like/comparable to  IB, I mean the future student learning profile (SPL) is like the IB's porfolio, it shows not only grades, but also what sort of community services, arts activity, career study, sports programme etc. you child did in those three years. and it shows richer life experience of a youngster.

ever consider if the grade 8 violin should be taken in that three years or starting to line up with a elderly home for community services or started to join some activities this summer or already check the data bank for other leaning experience?http://oledb.edb.hkedcity.net/ac ... =searchActivity&;advanced_name=&start_month=&start_year=&advanced_audience=&advanced_age=&advanced_KLA=&advanced_GS=&advanced_CV=&advanced_ELE=4&advanced_modes=&advanced_keywords=&pageNo=2&aId=258&oId=&sortField=&sortOrder=1&lang=&specialSearch=1

[ 本帖最後由 mattsmum 於 09-9-11 23:44 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

93#
發表於 09-9-12 23:04 |只看該作者
Totally agreed, you can see the last 20 years, the education reinform is not clear direction
CU change from 4 to 3
普通話教學 算比較成功
英中/中中 totally 失敗

then let us (parents) not comfortable.

原帖由 father_ho 於 09-9-11 20:38 發表
Although we all hope our kid(s) can enter University (no matter Local or Oversea), taking IB or not should not  focus on it. This sytem actually screen out those machines and ask you to learn, digest  ...

94#
發表於 09-9-14 10:39 |只看該作者
活動教學?  forget about it.  It sounds better for the kid, once they get into secondary school, can they catch up?
dictation / vocab. / alot of reading / heavy exams and test.....?

well we are in Hong Kong where the exam result is more important than others.

If you are in USA / Canada / Australia  活動教學 which is ok.  Because there primary school and secondary school can emerge smoothly.....

i remembered that when i was young, and moved to US, the math, phyic, chem ...etc were very easy to me which i learned in HK (i guess that HK selibus has at least 2-3 yrs ahead than them)

醒目開學勳章

95#
發表於 09-9-14 10:57 |只看該作者
如果不是一條龍的學校,我都非常同意Avbee的見解,因中學只care about公開考試成績去吸引人申請,亦很難去了解由幾十間不同小學來的學生程度

所以如果選擇活動教學的學校,必須選擇一條龍那些,因中小學會有溝通了解. 這樣就不會出現虎頭蛇尾.

而在這topic上的家長們說的活動教學的直資學校全部都是一條龍的.

原帖由 avbee 於 09-9-14 10:39 發表
活動教學?  forget about it.  It sounds better for the kid, once they get into secondary school, can they catch up?

well we are in Hon ...

96#
發表於 09-9-14 14:02 |只看該作者

well we are in Hon ...

2-3年咁誇張, 我澳洲相差1至半個學期咋!其實普遍亞洲學生讀書係叻d, 但係去大學就普普通通啦!:;pppp:因為外國大學好著重思考同創作, 唔似香港d大學重比緊notes/範圍叫學生跟住讀, 同中學相差無幾....唉!所活動教學一定由細讀到大呀!

97#
發表於 09-9-14 14:49 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

醒目開學勳章

98#
發表於 09-9-14 14:59 |只看該作者
我知道的真道是辦IB的,反而新高中是次選

原帖由 Reximom 於 09-9-14 14:49 發表
最近係BK見到有間DSS既家長話佢地間學校既全體學生同時會參加IBD與香港新高中試兩個公開試, is it possible?

我諗如果係真既, 真係全港只此一家, 呢個亦可算得上係香港教育界既奇聞! ...

99#
發表於 09-9-14 15:23 |只看該作者
but then, easy for you to remember, does it mean easy for you to practice?
the most problematic of traditional system is that the pupils remember every formula by heart, however, if we change one factor inside situation to fit the reality... the pupils don't know how to go around it anymore...  
i do agree what you mentioned, hong kong students when study outside seems to be more skillful than the other countries' students.
but then, the creativity, initiative, solution finder, we are always one step behind...
it's different training between creator and technician, leader and executor...

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it, requires brains."

原帖由 avbee 於 14/9/2009 10:39 發表

well we are in Hon ...

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-9-14 15:46 編輯 ]
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

100#
發表於 09-9-14 17:23 |只看該作者

f you are in USA / Canada / Australia  活動教學 which is ok.  Because there primary school and secondary school can emerge smoothly.....

i remembered that when i was young, and moved to US, the math, phyic, chem ...etc were very easy to me which i learned in HK (i guess that HK selibus has at least 2-3 yrs ahead than them)

Well how much a student's academic level is ahead of others I would think it depends on which school she's from in HK and which school that she studies in overseas.  To me, I studied band 1 eng school in HK and got into the one of the top tier high school in Canada, the academic level for math was more ahead in lower grade, then the gap gradually diminished at higher grade.  Furthermore, in US/Canada, apart from Math that Asian students had significant advance achievements, there were a lot more subjects, like international studies, which required students to have global perspectives, come up with analysis and opinions, and to be able to make presentation in English.  From this aspect, I really don't see HK students have major advantages.

When talking about University studies, a Uni would not become renowned solely for its academic results, but as well the research achievements, recognition on the quality of the thesis etc.  So academic results are 1 part of the evaluation.  So students are required to be presenting her ideas in a concise way, be able to generate her own opinions providing lots of her own findings and evidences, and lot more.  

So probably an ideal school would be a school which can balance activities based approach that promoting creativity, individual thinking and analysis and  the traditional school approach that put emphasis on achieving academic results in some compulsory subjects.  So any such school in HK?

[ 本帖最後由 daisy17772 於 09-9-14 17:25 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題