教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ISF vs SIS
發新帖
查看: 2770|回覆: 3
go

ISF vs SIS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-8-29 23:18 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
HI,

AS far as I know both SIS and ISF is quite focused on chinese ( Mandarine ), can anyone share your view re thes 2 school ?? Thanks !
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-9-1 13:51 |只看該作者
Yes, as well as KCIS, and Choi Kai Yau..... well known for being "international" but with much focus and exposure to Putonghua daily.

SIS is a much better school than ISF, in my opinion.

You will get others telling you ISF is a great school of course.

So for me, one vote for SIS if you ask me.

3#
發表於 09-9-1 14:24 |只看該作者
I understand that SIS teaches simplified Chinese characters.  This is my greatest concern as I do hope the kid can read normal Chinese characters in daily lives.  Is it too much for a kid to learn similpified and normal Chinese characters in parallel ? Grateful for your experience in this aspect.  

原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-9-1 13:51 發表
Yes, as well as KCIS, and Choi Kai Yau..... well known for being "international" but with much focus and exposure to Putonghua daily.

SIS is a much better school than ISF, in my opinion.

You will ge ...

4#
發表於 09-9-1 19:10 |只看該作者
well, two sides in this point to consider.

My husband thinks in the future, it is ultimately Simplified Chinese that will rule the world, because of China's usage. And he believes if the kids are to learn Chinese for long term, he thinks simplified chinese is more motivating because it is "simpler". Esp for families like us who speaks only english at home, but we are Chinese... just grew up overseas.

I hold the other end of the argument, I believe if my children don't learn the traditional chinese, it's not the proper way, and also ultimately, traditional chinese will be LOST forever ! So I picked KCIS because it teached in Traditional Chinese, and follows BNC fo English. Best of both in my opinion.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題