用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Late Interview --- ESF Year 1 ??????
樓主: MITCHmama
go

Late Interview --- ESF Year 1 ?????? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-4-2 16:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 almom 於 09-4-2 14:35 發表
At any interview, either you succeed or you fail.

"Direct decline" means you failed the interview.

"Waitlist" at RC means that you passed the interview and yet there are no place available yet; beca ...

I guess RC interviewed most of the applicants, so they interview 350 applicants out of 150 seats. And so you can imagine the waiting list will be very long even if you are successful.

22#
發表於 09-4-4 15:33 |只看該作者
hi popolung
may i know what do you mean by the tough times? extra efforts to boost your child's english or troublesome application process? i just want to know what is ahead for me......thanks.

原帖由 popolung 於 09-4-2 09:40 發表
I have been via a very tough times since last Sept till Mar, and I don't want it to happen again, even to other Cat 2 or Chinese parents, as long as your kid is capable to study in ESF.

[ 本帖最後由 mother30 於 09-4-4 15:34 編輯 ]

23#
發表於 09-4-5 00:13 |只看該作者

20th Apr 11:00am

Hello everyone! Me too !! SJS called my hubby and informed us my girl could go to the interview on 20th Apr 11:00am! I couldn't believe it when my hubby told me the news, he said they called him because they couldn't reach me on my mobile, and i was very surprised to hear that they still have places!!!
I have been so down these months and i planned to change my girl to Boxhill for K3, but now SJS ignited my hope again!! Wish every child the best, let's all get into SJS!!!!!
艾粒嘉嘉 :-D

24#
發表於 09-4-5 00:21 |只看該作者
Hi Mitchmama,

Please check PM.

Nicolemichimum
艾粒嘉嘉 :-D

25#
發表於 09-4-5 05:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 mother30 於 09-4-4 15:33 發表
hi popolung
may i know what do you mean by the tough times? extra efforts to boost your child's english or troublesome application process? i just want to know what is ahead for me......thanks.

Tough time mean when you are in Cat 2 this year the waiting list is very long even we are in ESF Kinder. And then even after we have news for interview then after interview still receiving letter that we are on waiting list until early March. Competition is very keen this year, not sure about next year, but guess not easy anyway.

26#
發表於 09-4-5 05:46 |只看該作者
原帖由 nicolemichimum 於 09-4-5 00:13 發表
Hello everyone! Me too !! SJS called my hubby and informed us my girl could go to the interview on 20th Apr 11:00am! I couldn't believe it when my hubby told me the news, he said they called him becau ...

Good Luck, SJS is a very good school. Pls start to train-up the English of your kid, plus social skill!

27#
發表於 09-4-5 18:56 |只看該作者
Again, the no# of candidates will be same as the seat available.  So if any kid fail from this interview or final decline from the offer in end April, then we can expect to have further interview later in May.

The best way to have a higher chance of success in this interview is to gather the kids and let them know each other before the interview.  Then before the interview, pls spare an hour, may be just sitting down in the canteen of SC and let the kids play.  Of couse, make use they are English channel is "On". Just to know a friend of potentially a classmate in coming 13 years, why not knowing each other 3 weeks earlier??  

We see kids fail from the interview because they feel uncomfortable during the interview.  The interview takes almost 1 hour, so it should be good to have someone you kid know and so they can play together.  No only can show the kid ability in communication, but also showing their social skill in front of the teacher.  The teacher will ask the kid question if they see the kid just playing alone and do not speak.  If the kids are playing, the teacher will observe them rather than asking them direct question.  After the interview, my daugther said the teacher do not ask her and her classmates anything.  They were only playing and tidy the place.  

So try to gather 2 or more kids and let them playing in somewhere in coming hoilday.  Let them know each other and make sure they are playing in ENGLISH...

28#
發表於 09-4-5 21:56 |只看該作者
原帖由 kcpapa 於 09-4-5 18:56 發表
Again, the no# of candidates will be same as the seat available.  So if any kid fail from this interview or final decline from the offer in end April, then we can expect to have further interview late ...

I think for early interview since all applicants are basically from same schools, so the school who tell you who are interviewing with your kids. But for late interview, I guess kids are from everywhere so the school will not tell you about this (and some parents may consider other as competitors). Anyway if the parents want to do this please call the school and see if they can arrange.

29#
發表於 09-4-6 01:36 |只看該作者
My girl is born on Nov and got admitted to RC for delay notification (waiting list) so I don't think 'winter boy or girl' may not be an issue to RC

30#
發表於 09-4-6 08:42 |只看該作者
原帖由 rainbowbb 於 09-4-6 01:36 發表
My girl is born on Nov and got admitted to RC for delay notification (waiting list) so I don't think 'winter boy or girl' may not be an issue to RC

Congratulation! Yes, they should access only on capabilities as long as they have invited your kid to go for interview.

31#
發表於 09-4-6 19:11 |只看該作者
Dear Qunnie,

Please check PM !!! Sorry for repeating reply.....I pressed the wrong button!!!
See-ya!

Mitchmama
MITCHmama

32#
發表於 09-4-21 11:02 |只看該作者

SJS Late Interview

Thank you for al of your hints and suggestions!

My little boy went through the interview yesterday morning and he made it!

What a relive for us!!!
There are 5 kids in a group.(My son is the only boy in the group, Just in my observation ---> there are more girls than boys in the interview)

Very different from last time when he had the interview at RC, he can tell me everything that happened in the interview (According to my boy, they draw some pics, dig in the sand box, read some stories....). He starts asking me when he is going to this big school......I am sure he loves this school very much!

Mitchmama
MITCHmama

33#
發表於 09-4-21 11:38 |只看該作者
原帖由 MITCHmama 於 09-4-21 11:02 發表
Thank you for al of your hints and suggestions!

My little boy went through the interview yesterday morning and he made it!

What a relive for us!!!
There are 5 kids in a group.(My son is the only bo ...

Congratulation to MITCHmama! SJS is one of the best ESF in town, and glad that your son has made it, yeah!!!

And I guess you did took your kid to walk inside SJS for several times, as you said you are very close to SJS? Does it really work and your kid treat SJS like another kinder or playground only?

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-4-21 11:42 編輯 ]

34#
發表於 09-4-21 13:42 |只看該作者
Yeap, we took a walk after dinner very night and I kept telling him that is a "BIG-BOY" school...so he is very excited to have a visit in there. Then on the interview day, he was so happy that he can finally get into the school. I think the interview to him is just a playgroup time. He told me he really enjoyed the time there.....and he keeps asking why he is not going there for school now.....

By the way, I guess SJS is still having quite some vancanies. As I know, there are 4-5 groups (5-6 kids in a group) yesterday....and all the kids in my boy's group had made it though.......and I think it shouldn't be the last batch for interview.

Mitchmama
原帖由 popolung 於 09-4-21 11:38 發表

Congratulation to MITCHmama! SJS is one of the best ESF in town, and glad that your son has made it, yeah!!!

And I guess you did took your kid to walk inside SJS for several times, as you s ...

[ 本帖最後由 MITCHmama 於 09-4-21 13:43 編輯 ]
MITCHmama

35#
發表於 09-4-21 14:03 |只看該作者
原帖由 MITCHmama 於 09-4-21 13:42 發表
Yeap, we took a walk after dinner very night and I kept telling him that is a "BIG-BOY" school...so he is very excited to have a visit in there. Then on the interview day, he was so happy that he can  ...

Cool, it always reminded me when I told my daughter about the interview, I told her this is an English Play Day. So she didn't feel any pressure at all, just went to CWBS to play for one day. Just like the movie "La vita è bella" - Life is Beautiful.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118799/

Once again, congratulation!

36#
發表於 09-4-21 15:34 |只看該作者
Congratulations to MITCHmama.

My friend's son will attend interview for KJS next month. Hope he will make it too!!!

37#
發表於 09-4-21 21:49 |只看該作者
Mine was born on 31 Dec 04 and got offered from RC, I don't think 'too young kids' can not be an issue.

[ 本帖最後由 大吉 於 09-4-21 22:02 編輯 ]

38#
發表於 09-4-21 22:52 |只看該作者
原帖由 大吉 於 09-4-21 21:49 發表
Mine was born on 31 Dec 04 and got offered from RC, I don't think 'too young kids' can not be an issue.

For ESF, they don't mind kid's birthday as long as your are still before that year end. When they said your kid is immature they are talking about mentally.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題