用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 St. Paul's Boys o既校舍o甘細, 小朋友小息或午飯後可以 ...
樓主: CD
go

St. Paul's Boys o既校舍o甘細, 小朋友小息或午飯後可以去邊度玩? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-11-30 22:02 |只看該作者

Re: St. Paul's Boys o既校舍o甘細, 小朋友小息或午飯後可以去邊度玩?

Quoted
--------
小朋友到學校返學, 究竟是去求學問? 定還是去享受人生呢?   校舍的大小真的那麼重要嗎?   

Personally, I don't think this is an important factor.  Although bigger size school is better, small school does not mean they will not have good students.

With a small size school, the relationship between schoolmates could be closer.  Students do not have too many attractions, and could focus more on their studies.  Being one of the top schools in HK, St. Paul Boy should have its own merits.

Regarding the school fee, I don't think $3,000 is a lot more than say, comparatively to SPCC, DBSPS and etc.  Please bear in mind that these other schools have been donated by a lot of rich people and old boys.  No doubt they can spend a lot to improve the school campus.  

The school fees that we paid are mostly spent on the routine operating costs.  You pay for the teachers, rent, air-con and etc. not mostly on the improvement of the school premises.  Should  someone question what the school can give to our son, it is more appropriate to ask what we have contributed / given to the school.

In the old days, students from St. Paul Boys are very outstanding.  They did not come from very rich people (like those studied in SPCC) but almost all of them could get into HKU...  In the school selection of 升中試, we always ranked St. Paul Boys higher than Raimondi or SJ...  though all are very good schools.  Remarks:  I did not study SPC but it is also my dream school when I was young.

Nowadays, our children are too lucky and have too much la...

22#
發表於 05-12-1 02:00 |只看該作者

Agree.  
Apart from considering the hardwares in a school such as size and facilities,  the softwares including quality of teachers and principal, study atmosphere, pressure, workload, prospect, theme, etc are very important.   

St Paul Boys provides high quality of softwares to compensate the deficient in hardwares.

23#
發表於 05-12-1 08:42 |只看該作者

Ricka 寫道:

In the old days, students from St. Paul Boys are very outstanding.  They did not come from very rich people (like those studied in SPCC) but almost all of them could get into HKU...  In the school selection of 升中試, we always ranked St. Paul Boys higher than Raimondi or SJ...  though all are very good schools.  Remarks:  I did not study SPC but it is also my dream school when I was young.

That's VERY TRUE for the old days.  For me, SPB is still ranked above Raimondi, but below SPCC.  

24#
發表於 05-12-1 10:53 |只看該作者

I agree that software is very important.

25#
發表於 05-12-1 12:25 |只看該作者

Both hardware and software are important to nuture a student.  Indeed SPB has done its best to improve hardware under tight budget and resources.

Let look around the best DSS schools.  DBSPD has a very impressive schoold campus and the green field, swimming pool shared with DBS.  SPCC is going to move a big campus at southern district.

The strategy of famous DSS schools is to 以財育才.

St Paul's College is a DSS secondary school.  It has been investing fortune into improving its hardware and facilities so as to remain competitiveness among other DSS schools.

I highly highly appreciate Ms. Chan and their fellow teachers of SPB especially when I compare the teachers' office/rest room betwen SPB and DBSPD.  They have done the best under the unfair battle with others.

BTW, SPC is the first English College and has operated over 150 years.  It has many famous and rich old boys.  Why don't they contribute to their mother school same as DBS or SPCC so as to maintain the competitive edge of SPC?

26#
發表於 05-12-1 15:21 |只看該作者

我真係識得一個家長, 上年gave up St Paul's College,原 因係 -----佢話要比$3000一個月, 雖然software 好好, 但hardware 真係吾惦, 所以寧願比多$800, 讀DBS。

不過, 佢好彩, 有得揀。  

27#
發表於 05-12-1 22:20 |只看該作者

government actually pays for the new campus of DBS, SPCC, st. stephen's girl's primary, ISf academy, victoria, HKUSG secondary.

maybe one day st. paul primary will get a new campus too, who knows.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題