樓主: 武航
go

美國的小學教育 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-9-21 11:38 |只看該作者

Re: 美國的小學教育

VERNIQUE 2005..
        嘩,個題目真係好正好正呀﹗我最鍾意咁GE題目。唔駛左忌又忌...百無禁忌。....哈哈﹗好好好﹗

睇完你咁講,我可以放心等阿仔識作文時,俾LI個題目佢作,老公鬧我都係咁話。好好玩﹗....   
Vernique2005 寫道:
[quote]

"捧著這本孩子們寫成的「書」,我內心充滿了感動!"

非常同意﹗記得在小時候做了一份寫遺書的功課﹐老師要我們想想有什麼我們是要交底的﹐什麼是沒辦法留下的﹐我自己寫完了好感動啊﹗(雖然媽媽說大吉利市﹗哈哈哈﹗當然啦﹐呢種甘好玩的功課是在外國才有的﹐中國人最怕呢家野﹗)

雖然那是我只是十多歲﹐但那份功課令我第一次感受人生的無奈﹐對將來的期望﹐又看見的很多東西都不是必然的﹐真的很感動。。。

從無到有﹐ 從一無所知到慢慢了解﹐將人家的知識變成自己的再加以運用﹐就是我們在學習上的到最大的喜悅了﹗[/quote]
誰會直率地說出所認識的真實?有所認識的少數人,愚蠢地不隱蔽自己充實的心,向愚民們說明他們的感情和見識,他們總是被人磔死或燒死。 歌德 <<浮士德>>入來做下test,不同的人對事情有不同的看法和感受﹗

22#
發表於 05-9-21 11:44 |只看該作者

I had my primary and seconday education in HK.  I then went to UK to receive my F.6 and university education.

From my experience, I feel that HK (follows UK style) and UK primary and secondary education is good.  Actually, I think the best secondary schools are in UK.  UK's top universities are also good.  However, after graduation and to post graduate education and research, I think US universities are better.  The reasons are no only on the learning method but also on the fact that US government assigned a lot of funds and resources to their universities to carry out research so as to keep US at the top in technology.

23#
發表於 05-9-21 22:22 |只看該作者

睡覺 寫道:
        嘩,個題目真係好正好正呀﹗我最鍾意咁GE題目。唔駛左忌又忌...百無禁忌。....哈哈﹗好好好﹗

睇完你咁講,我可以放心等阿仔識作文時,俾LI個題目佢作,老公鬧我都係咁話。好好玩﹗....   

哈哈哈﹗其實呢個題目都令我想了不少東西﹐第一次令我想到遺產的問題﹐我記得我是決定把錢全留給環保機構﹐完全沒分給我將來的子女﹗又令我想起﹐我自己的人生其實真的沒什麼大貢獻﹐ 還要多多努力~﹗

24#
發表於 05-9-21 22:26 |只看該作者

Msma 寫道:
個人意見 !

小學 -> 港式傳統
初中-> 英式
大學 -> 英/美式
研究 -> 美式

Agree! 如果有機會這樣走完全世界去讀書的話﹐其實都不錯﹗起碼四圍都有朋友啊﹗我見過最吃香的例子﹐是外國人見到你當你是ABC自己人﹐而中國人又當你是自己人﹐那你讀完書去邊度做野都沒人歧視你了﹗

醒目開學勳章

25#
發表於 05-10-31 13:41 |只看該作者

26#
發表於 05-10-31 14:31 |只看該作者

Strongly agree

27#
發表於 05-10-31 15:19 |只看該作者

試僅,睇下work 唔work 先 ! 

姨生就好work !
Msma

28#
發表於 05-10-31 16:22 |只看該作者

呢個題目我都好有興趣, 好多謝大家的資料!

29#
發表於 05-10-31 20:39 |只看該作者

I remeber when I went to Canada to study grade 13 after HKCEE after receiving one of the best local education in HK, my Math is basically no.1 for the whole school.

Unfortunately, when I got into Univ., the first year Math core course almost got me killed since the whole course is about fundamentals, prove theorems and deriving formulae from first principal. I think my fundamental learnt from HK local education system was very poor.

30#
發表於 05-10-31 21:59 |只看該作者

Hi Lochan,

1. As far as I know, Canada's math standard is not high. (I had a sister studying chem./math in a top U there. Her math could defeat all local students.) I can't imagine that a HK student's math was worse than Canada's. Was your own math training too exam-oriented?

2. In fact, I know quite some foreign professors and postgrads commenting that HK's math fundamental training is one of the best in the world. I recalled that the Additional Math in HK provided good training in concepts and proving formulae.

3. Did you study Add. Math / Pure Math in Hong Kong?
Which core subject did you study for U1 in Canada - set theory, number theory, stat, geom. or calculus or just simple algebra?

I am just curious and concerned HKs education level, not challenging you. Let's share.

31#
發表於 05-10-31 23:08 |只看該作者

Dear youma:

From my knowledge and information from friends, the highschool math standard in Canada is certainly not that high.  Many highschool students from HK manage to get into top U easily because they defeat many Canadian students in math/science.

However, this situation begins to change once you enter university, especially in the math oriented programs.  I had friends from the Combined Honour Program at UBC (computer science and pure math).  They said that even though you still see many Chinese in the class, the best students are from the super genius schools in Russia and Germany.  The same situation holds true in the PhD computer science program at the U of T.  These students come to math class without taking notes at all.  They manage to "THINK" and "UNDERSTAND" the math as the professor gives his/her lecture........

They also said that the biggest difference between the education in HK and those in Eastern Europe is that the best schools in Europe would give students just one question to think for a whole week, while the best schools in HK may give students 50 questions to practice every day.  As a result, students from HK do calculation very quickly, yet they may find it difficult to write proofs and theorems on their own. (Of course, it's often the reverse for the foreigners... hahah!)

I guess there are advantages and disadvantages to both programs.  It's a matter of preferences and educational beliefs.  Of course, being raised in Canada myself, I'd say that I HATE KUMON!!!! (well...many people in HK may go against me, I think.. hehe!)

32#
發表於 05-10-31 23:15 |只看該作者

Dear lochan:

Just as a joke, have you ever faced the situation that I mention below?

Whenever my friend does his math HW, he'd say, "Oh.. come on! I'm supposed to be a smart guy... I should  know how to solve it!"

.........after two hours, my friend says the same thing..........at the end, the problem remains unsolved....

When he goes to school and gets the answer key, he'd go, "Ahhhhhhhhh! Stupid me!!! This is sooooo easy.  Why didn't I think of that?  I should have KNOWN it...AHHHHHHHHHH~!"  

To some people, that's the sole beauty of math; to many others (count me as well, please), this is totally nightmare!  

33#
發表於 05-10-31 23:44 |只看該作者

Vernique,

I agree with you. But I also want to add:

1. The genius students in HK are not well trained up with special care - what a pity!
2. The top students in HK usually do not choose pure math for undergrad because it is not a money earning discipline.
3. Do you think the top students in HK usually do not go to Canada? (sorry to those Canadian graduates, despite UBC, Victoria are such excellent schools)
4. Undoubtedly there are some genius among Russia, Eastern Europe, Jews and India (Most of the best international chess players come from these countries) but the average education in these countries are so-so. However, the number of Chinese students are climbing up fast particularly in science subjects, as far as I know (that's why you mention many Chinese appearing in classes in the top universities). I think the weakest point of Chinese/HK students is English speaking and interpretation that hinder their development in postgrad studies.
5. In my opinion and observation, the best students in the world come from Singapore - Singaporean Chinese exactly.
該用戶已被刪除

34#
發表於 05-10-31 23:52 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

35#
發表於 05-11-1 00:15 |只看該作者

youma 寫道:

1. The genius students in HK are not well trained up with special care - what a pity!
YES!! I THINK THIS IS CERTAINLY AN ACT OF INEQUALITY HERE.  EVEN GIFTED CHILDREN DESERVE TO HAVE SPECIAL ED!

2. The top students in HK usually do not choose pure math for undergrad because it is not a money earning discipline.
YES YES! THAT'S WHY MY FRIEND WENT TO COMPUTER SCIENCE EVEN WHEN HE LIKED MATH MORE.

3. Do you think the top students in HK usually do not go to Canada? (sorry to those Canadian graduates, despite UBC, Victoria are such excellent schools)
HAHAH! THAT'S A TRICKY QUESTION.  I GUESS THE MAIN REASON IS THAT IN CANADIAN UNIVERSITY, YOU ONLY GET THE BEST TREATMENT WHEN YOU ARE IN THE HONOUR PROGRAM.  ON THE OTHER HAND, IN THE BEST UNIVERSITIES IN THE US, YOU CAN ASSUME THAT IT'S GREAT OVERALL.  

HOWEVER, ONE NOTION THAT YOU MAY WANT TO KEEP IN MIND IS THAT MANY GREAT ASSOCIATIONS/COMPANIES IN US, INCLUDING NASA, GOOGLE/MICROSOFT AND OTHER LAW FIRMS, ARE FLOODED WITH CANADIANS.....MANY GREAT PROFS IN THE US ARE ALSO FROM CANADA (BECAUSE WE'RE JUST NOT RICH ENOUGH TO HIRE THEM....SIGH...)

5. In my opinion and observation, the best students in the world come from Singapore - Singaporean Chinese exactly.

HM.. I GUESS I DON'T KNOW ENOUGH TO COMMENT ON THIS.  PERHAPS IT DEPENDS ON THE AREA OF STUDIES.  I MET SOME OF THEM AT HKU.  THEY'RE VERY DILIGENT AND POLITE, YET I FOUND THEM TOO SERIOUS SOMETIMES (AGAIN, THIS MIGHT JUST BE MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE).  I KNOW THAT MANY SINGAPOREAN CHINESE ARE GREAT MEDICAL DOCTORS, YET THAT'S ALL I KNOW....

36#
發表於 05-11-1 09:17 |只看該作者

Vernique2005,

I completely agree with you. I dislike Kumon after the introduction class I attended last week. It is crazy to request the students to calculate 20 pages Maths per day, not per week.  It squeeze the energy left after school from the tired kids. They are human beings, not machine. Where is the time of enjoying life? Logical thinking and problem solving, anyway what my point is the most important on education is to use the BRAIN to THINK and SOLVE and being CREATIVE. We can use the calcultor or excel to do the calculation.

Also, I don't understand why the HK students are requested to 背 those not famous Chinese articles. 背唐詩 is FINE, but not those normal articles. What is the purpose??? If I was rich, I would let my kids study in the  American International School. Poor HK kids.

My girl lost 6 marks on the Eng dictation just because she wrote "pencilcase" together. Teacher count them as 2 wrong spelling vocabs. IT is not the matter of how many marks she got. In America, as I know, teacher does not care the spelling as long as the kids can write out and understand the meanings. BUT here, ah........ 求學是求分數的....

So back to the reality, we still have to follow the game rules.  

37#
發表於 05-11-1 10:15 |只看該作者

song 寫道:
Vernique2005,

Also, I don't understand why the HK students are requested to 背 those not famous Chinese articles. 背唐詩 is FINE, but not those normal articles. What is the purpose???
My girl lost 6 marks on the Eng dictation just because she wrote "pencilcase" together. Teacher count them as 2 wrong spelling vocabs.......

Charlotte_mom 寫道:
....我只知由細到大, 要記既野, 好多真係好無謂: 小學要背d中文文章, 又唔係d咩名著(唐詩就話背姐, d"重陽節, 爸爸媽媽去登高"背黎做咩鬼!) 到高中, 背中史先嘔血: 鄭和七次下西洋既原因, 經過同影響....., expect你背3版紙, 我唸我到死都記得d內容--不過唔知記黎做咩
同事同個女去check眼, 問醫生邊隻檯燈好, 醫生慨嘆"我o係澳洲practise左好多年, 從來無家長問我買檯燈, d細路從來唔需要用檯燈做功課" 點解唯獨是中國人既細路仔, 條路就特別難行?

對,童年在無謂的背誦,測驗中渡過,何其浪費.

我眼見有些學生本來資質不差,但就為這种死板的教學方法令到對唸書冇興趣, 中學就跟不上, 得過且過, 影了一生的前途

我有個親戚,他的兒子很聰明, 在傳統小學 小一很容易便考便前三名,最近升班了,一次常識測驗,他兒子一時忘記了課文內容,只考得60幾分, 親戚一時接受不到咁差的成績,一路揍放學一路扭兒子耳朵,跟住二父子嗌交, 傷害小朋友又傷感情,真是很無謂.

38#
發表於 05-11-1 10:48 |只看該作者

Vernique2005 寫道:
Dear youma:

From my knowledge and information from friends, the highschool math standard in Canada is certainly not that high.  Many highschool students from HK manage to get into top U easily because they defeat many Canadian students in math/science.

However, this situation begins to change once you enter university, especially in the math oriented programs.  I had friends from the Combined Honour Program at UBC (computer science and pure math).  They said that even though you still see many Chinese in the class, the best students are from the super genius schools in Russia and Germany.  The same situation holds true in the PhD computer science program at the U of T.  These students come to math class without taking notes at all.  They manage to "THINK" and "UNDERSTAND" the math as the professor gives his/her lecture........

They also said that the biggest difference between the education in HK and those in Eastern Europe is that the best schools in Europe would give students just one question to think for a whole week, while the best schools in HK may give students 50 questions to practice every day.  As a result, students from HK do calculation very quickly, yet they may find it difficult to write proofs and theorems on their own. (Of course, it's often the reverse for the foreigners... hahah!)

I guess there are advantages and disadvantages to both programs.  It's a matter of preferences and educational beliefs.  Of course, being raised in Canada myself, I'd say that I HATE KUMON!!!! (well...many people in HK may go against me, I think.. hehe!)

This is very true.  I guess the HK way is teaching kids how to calculate Maths problem as quick as possible, but the western way is teaching them how to do a Maths problem using many different ways.  By doing this, they are exploring the beauty of Maths, encouraging creativity and understand concepts and theories very thoroughly.  By doing this, kids are developed to have much higher analytical skills and creativity in future.

39#
發表於 05-11-1 10:55 |只看該作者

阿仔的小一中文功課習作紙 - 靜夜思

問首詩作者是 ? (李白)
問首詩係咩朝詩人的作品 ? (唐朝)
問世人稱作者為 ? (詩仙)

小一係咪真係識得答呀??

點睇!??!
Hei-Hei

40#
發表於 05-11-1 11:00 |只看該作者