Re: 有無 St. Mary's 家長?

PeterYu " Yellow 2"
Mission " Yellow 2"
YinYin " Yellow 2"
song " Yellow 2"
Brandanmama "ink 1"
LVma "White 1"

各位好,請問你囡囡有幾多分?1st or 2nd round入的?
Please share your experience,thanks in advance.

102#
發表於 05-7-14 16:12 |只看該作者

fannie 寫道:

My daughter failed at 1st round (15 marks only). Luckily she gain entrance at second round (central allocation).     

103#
發表於 05-7-14 16:18 |只看該作者

chenyi
我同mission case 都是一樣因此我沒有叩門信可以比你

不過d bk mami 說去年跟今年都有5個st rose kinder 學生叩門入了st mary's.

mission 寫道:
[quote]
fannie 寫道:

My daughter failed at 1st round (15 marks only). Luckily she gain entrance at second round (central allocation).      [/quote]

104#
發表於 05-7-14 16:18 |只看該作者

song,
好羨慕你呀))))     我女都係15分, 2nd都係揀佢第一, 不過諗住無人無物, 無關係, 又唔係出色過人, 所以連門都無叩.  你個女一定好叻呀))))
--- 2J 作品

105#
發表於 05-7-14 17:13 |只看該作者

mission, yinyin,
Thanks for your prompt reply!

I would like to choose St.Mary for my daughter next year.
Do all of you live in area code 31?

106#
發表於 05-7-14 17:36 |只看該作者

Hey all,

My girl's tag is Green 5 ....

107#
發表於 05-7-14 17:48 |只看該作者

PeterYu                  " Yellow 2"
Mission                  " Yellow 2"
YinYin                    " Yellow 2"
Song                      " Yellow 2"
Brandanmama        "ink 1"
LVma                    "White 1"
Plato                      "Green 5"

hi plato 請問你是round 1 or 2 or 3 入的

108#
發表於 05-7-14 18:30 |只看該作者

fannie 寫道:
mission, yinyin,
Thanks for your prompt reply!

I would like to choose St.Mary for my daughter next year.
Do all of you live in area code 31?

We are out-of-area. My daughter is lucky. She got the position in the central allocation for the unrestricted school choices.

109#
發表於 05-7-15 08:44 |只看該作者

Peteryu 寫道:
We are out-of-area. My daughter is lucky. She got the position in the central allocation for the unrestricted school choices.

I didn't notice on the receipt whether my daughter enter St Mary's in restricted/unrestricted school choices at central allocation. I live in 32 school net where there are few good primary school choices.     

110#
發表於 05-7-15 16:52 |只看該作者

Hi yinyin,

My girl got the seat from round 1 with 20 marks. How about you?

111#
發表於 05-7-16 02:09 |只看該作者

plato 寫道:
Hi yinyin,

My girl got the seat from round 1 with 20 marks. How about you?

round 2
:  :  :  :

112#
發表於 05-7-18 09:19 |只看該作者

Fannie,

My daughter has 20 marks and she is luckily enough to get the place in the first round.  Thanks God!  

I know some of her classmates with 20 marks were failed in the the first round .

Brandanmama.

113#
發表於 05-7-19 11:54 |只看該作者

多謝各位媽咪回覆!

若小囡只有15分,選St.Mary在first choice是否不智?
請問若堅持放St.Mary在第一志願,第二及第三志願應該怎樣選擇?
煩請各位提供意見!

114#
發表於 05-7-19 22:32 |只看該作者

fannie 寫道:
煩請各位提供意見!

I think the chance of entering St. Mary's with 15 marks at 1st round is quite low .

You can refer to the previous thread as below where preference on selection of primary schools for both boys and girls at 31 net has been discussed.  

31網男仔應該點揀 (last update on 11/7/05)    

115#
發表於 05-7-22 23:40 |只看該作者

Dear Peteryu,

Thank you for yr info, if u have any new information after the parents' day, please update.

116#
發表於 05-7-23 14:18 |只看該作者

St. Mary first round have only around 74 seats.  60% of these seats are hold for girls who sisters study in St. Mary Primary & Secondary and those parents work in St. Mary.  So, the number of seats for the 1st round lucky draw is only around 30.  If the seats from the 60% has left over, then it will pass to the 1st round marking system.  Still, if the total number increase from 30 to 50, it is not sufficient for those with 25 & 20 marks. Therefore, even 20 marks will need to use lucky draw in 1st round.  15 marks for sure will have no chance at all.

2nd round is also base on Luck.  If you get a good assigned number, then you can get the seat from your 1st choice.  Since St. Mary is such a big hit in the selection, there should be a lot of parents selected this school as 1st choice.  From the system, it is a loop design.  It will run all kids in each round it assigns the school.  So, if your kid can't get a seat in the 1st choice as the seats are no more availble, it will put your kid aside and run the others.  Until all kids are checked.  Then it will run the 2nd time to check who still do not have a seat and check the 2nd choice for seats available.  If the 2nd choice has no seat for your kid, it will put your kid aside to check the others.  The procedures repeat until all kids get a seat.  If there is no choice in the application form, the system will put the appliation aside and wait until it finish all those it can run.  Then it will handle those still do not have a seat due to no choice in the application form.  The computer will check the seats available now.  You can see that, right now, the seats still available are from the school which most parents don't want to choose.  Therefore, it is not wise at all to hope that there are still seats available for St. Mary as 2nd choice or 3rd choice. It will be better to make the 2nd best and the 3rd best...... and fill up the school list.  Otherwise, your kid will be given a seat from a school you have not chose.  If you are in the same net of St. Mary, you can fill it as your 1st choice in both section A & B.  Read the rule of this game carefully from the EMB and you can logically find that insisting to put St. Mary as first 3 choice and even first 10 choice doesn't help at all.

You can ask here if any of the BK parents who get a seat from St. Mary are from their 2nd choice or 3 rd choice.  I really don't think there is any chance for this case.  Even if there is a chance, it is really very, very low.
fannie 寫道:
多謝各位媽咪回覆!

煩請各位提供意見!

117#
發表於 05-7-23 18:54 |只看該作者

AmyWonglo 寫道:
St. Mary first round have only around 74 seats.  60% of these seats are hold for girls who sisters study in St. Mary Primary & Secondary and those parents work in St. Mary.  So, the number of seats for the 1st round lucky draw is only around 30.  If the seats from the 60% has left over, then it will pass to the 1st round marking system.  Still, if the total number increase from 30 to 50, it is not sufficient for those with 25 & 20 marks. Therefore, even 20 marks will need to use lucky draw in 1st round.  15 marks for sure will have no chance at all.

Hi AmyWonglo,

Where did you get above information? Are you working at St. Mary's???

I recall there are about 62 seats in St. Mary's for 1st round 自行分配學位 ( I have seen the announcement of the successful candidates back in January this year). Correct me if I'm wrong.

On other hand, there are 60 seats for 2nd round 統一派位.  (visit http://www.emb.gov.hk/index.aspx?langno=2&nodeID=1505)

118#
發表於 05-7-24 00:39 |只看該作者

Hi, Mission,

I am not working in St. Mary and I recalled the number for 2005 P1 in the first round is round 74 when we need to make the selection in last Sept.  May be I am wrong as I actually did not choose St. Mary so this number is not really sealed in my memory.   I just viewed the class structure of St. Mary, and your number should be correct as they have only 136 students in P1.

However, my point is that the seats are so limited while there are so many applicants.  Among all these applicants, there are really a lot with 20+ marks.  So, 15 marks is hopeless in 1st round.   Sorry that the number is not correct.  But 62 is even less than 74, so the chance is even lower.  Other than that, of course the number of increasement in 1st round is also an example.  Not real case.

BTW, isn't Brandanmama confirmed that even 20 marks failed in 1st round?

119#
發表於 05-7-24 18:56 |只看該作者

As St. Mary's commenced 一條龍 from this year onwards (students entered St. Mary's School last year and before are not 一條龍 to St. Mary's college), I believe more and more parents at 31 net will choose St. Mary's as their 1st choice for their daughters at 1st round and 2nd round.  

120#
發表於 05-7-25 10:14 |只看該作者

hi

你地係邊班呀? 是否yellow 全部都是B 班

亞女話個日評估

中文
有作句
重組句子

數學
什麼形狀是曲線同直線

英文