密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Victoria PN 要in 兩次
樓主: ddung_baby
go

Victoria PN 要in 兩次 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 12-9-26 12:07 |只看該作者
Dear linus仔 thanks for sharing...how do you think of victoria education? is it good?

82#
發表於 12-9-27 14:58 |只看該作者
回復 mamaokasan 的帖子

To me, it is very good coz it provides a very good bilingual environment.  My girl can make fluent English conversation (not only sentences) while Chinese is not bad.  Actually all of her classmates have very good verbal English because they have English teacher staying in classroom full time, they switch "channel" when they talk to English teacher :)    Again, good or not depends on what you want, if you want a kindergarten that has high acaedemic level, Vic if not your cup of tea.  If you value language development in early years, Vic is very good at it.  I prefer my kids to develop good language skills and motivation to learn in kindergarten years, which I believe to be a good foundation for future learning.   

83#
發表於 12-9-27 15:28 |只看該作者
I want my gal to speak both fluent english and chinese for practical needs. That is good to hear that. But what do you mean want "high acaedemic level"? You mean like cramming for chinese writing etc? Vic does not teach writing? Also, do you think outdoor playgroup important?

84#
發表於 12-9-28 03:20 |只看該作者

回覆:Victoria PN 要in 兩次

Victoria is a happy school with not much homework.  My girl is K2 now is is learning to write 筆劃,some other kindergarten already writing words I think. Victoria has phonics so that you don't need to go out to learn, and they encourage kids to read books.  Vic students are usually trained to be confident and willing to speak up, rather than many homework, so it depends on what you want from the school.  I think I school has outdoor playground it would be great but it is not a factor of high priority when I choose a school.  You can bring kids to outdoor playground yourself but you cannot provide a whole language environment for the kid yourself.

85#
發表於 12-9-28 10:15 |只看該作者
Dear linus仔Thanks so much for sharing. I think language environment is important as it is sth hard to arrange. I like Vic students are usually trained to be confident and willing to speak up....Being communicative is very important than homework in this stage. Thanks for your valuable opinion.

86#
發表於 12-9-28 21:37 |只看該作者
linus仔 發表於 12-9-28 03:20
Victoria is a happy school with not much homework.  My girl is K2 now is is learning to write 筆劃, ...

my kid is studying pn now.
actually i'm also concerning about when would the school teach kids to write. in the orientation day, the teachers said they won't teach them writing throughout the year. but i'm still afraid if they would ask the kids to write in K1, as many studies found that it's not advisable for kids to write before 4.

87#
發表於 12-9-29 00:54 |只看該作者

回覆:Victoria PN 要in 兩次

In K1, only simple Exercises on drawing lines.  Actually start writing in K2.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖