用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 Jolly Phonics ~~ 一定要睇第一頁呀!!
樓主: somama^_^
go

Jolly Phonics ~~ 一定要睇第一頁呀!! [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 05-7-6 12:57 |只看該作者

Re: Jolly Phonics

我又8到, 青衣宏福用 JP 的.

42#
發表於 05-7-6 13:01 |只看該作者

有没有mama 想用 Jolly Phonics or 有没有小朋友正在學 Jolly Phonics 呢??

大家來傾傾吧!!  其實我也有些問題想問下有經驗的mama 呢!

43#
發表於 05-7-6 16:29 |只看該作者

我個仔係維記用緊JP,我都上左PARENT TRAINING COURSE IN JOLLY FAITH,而家打算比個仔上JOLLY FAITH的Phonics班,其實去年上PARENT TRAINING COURSE時,都知佢地有小朋友班,不過好貴,無上到,但係個仔現在升K2,成個k1學校都係教緊果42個音,我覺得好慢,個仔重未識睇字,所以上星期上左去JOLLY FAITH做左個test,將會上佢個Phonics斑,但係插最初果班,Miss Li話個仔比其他小朋友識多少少,會有心機繼續學落去,唔知有冇小朋友上過JOLLY FAITH?好唔好?

44#
發表於 05-7-6 23:23 |只看該作者

wfc,

我昨日去jolly faith 時, 同一個mama傾過, 我見她的仔仔blend 得很好. 我問她在那兒上堂好不好, 她說excellent, 仲豎起晒手指公添!!

她說, 她的細女現在4

45#
發表於 05-7-7 09:11 |只看該作者

I teached my child jolly phonics about the sounds of the alphabet when she is about 2.5 yeers old. Yes, she has no problem with the sounds but she still doesn't know how to blend. I think I will let her joined the course outside, because they learned from pears too. And I will go on strenghtened what she learnt at home.

The only problem is I find it quite difficult to search which centers (in HK island) offer jolly phonics, furthermore it will take a year for them to complete JP and moved on to jolly grammer. And that will cost a lot. Given that she takes 40 hours and it cost at average HKD150 = HKD6,000. Wow.. now I know that HK education's cost is really expensive.

46#
發表於 05-7-7 13:56 |只看該作者

jenniferpl,

Yes, I agree.  The cost is so high........hhhh!!  

I will, like you, teach my girl by myself first to see if she can pick it up.  If not, I will consider to let her join the course.......... and I may bankrupt....!!  But luckily, she is still v. young and I still have much time!

I know that a centre call 東山 have JP course.  It is located at Admiralty.  It may suit your need.

BTW, I have talked to parents at the re-union night.  They come from TST, Tsuen Wan & one from HK Island.  I didn't ask why they spend so much travel time to study there but upon their comment to the centre, I think they are really satisfied with their kids' achievement.

jenniferpl, Is it difficult to teach those sounds at home??  What material you used??  Can you share as I haven't make up my mind on what material to buy?

Thanks

47#
發表於 05-7-7 14:35 |只看該作者

As a starter, you need to get the DVD and the JP fingers Phonic book 1 - 7. I also bought the Handbook but I don't think it is nessary if you can get a parents/teachers guide which is free of charge.

As said above, it is not difficult to teach them the sound but getting them to blend need some extract tatics or activities.

48#
發表於 05-7-7 14:53 |只看該作者

Hi all moms,

I have a girl aged 5 1/2 and I would like to let her learn jolly phonics.  I have checked that there are some centres teaching Jolly phonics at Tsuen Wan but I don't really have confidence on them as someone said that they are hard-selling and commercial.  I am quite interested in Jolly Faith but would like to seek your recommendation first.  As I don't know phonics, I would like to consider to learn with my kids, do you think it is practical?  If so, how should I start?  Or should I send my kid to the course in Jolly Faith?  Please advise, thanks a lot!

49#
發表於 05-7-7 15:09 |只看該作者

It is good to send your child to the centers to learn but you still need to do extra practice with her at home. I don't think 1 hour per week is enough for them to learn it. Hence, you may want to join the parents phonic course first so that you know what they are teaching and then reinforce it at home.

50#
發表於 05-7-7 15:28 |只看該作者

hiuyui,

我想你可以像我一樣, 去上parent course first.  因為你可以看下個centre的人 (老師/ staff) & 地方, 又自己學下先, 或可估到將來小朋友喜不歡這地方 or programme.  

學東西, 除了知識外, 老師也是小朋友學習的對象!!

so far, comment to this centre and their course are good.

51#
發表於 05-7-8 11:07 |只看該作者

somama & jenniferpl,

Thank you very much for your advices.  I have checked Jolly Faith website, wow, their course is more experience than others ! But anyway, I would go there and have a look first.  As you advised, I may try to study myself, what should I buy?  

52#
發表於 05-7-8 13:44 |只看該作者

hiuyui

As a starter, you need to get the DVD and the JP fingers Phonic book 1 - 7. I also bought the Handbook but I don't think it is nessary if you can get a parents/teachers guide which is free of charge.

53#
發表於 05-7-8 14:40 |只看該作者

Hi jenniferpl,

Where can I buy those material?  Please advise, thanks.

54#
發表於 05-7-8 15:45 |只看該作者

I think Jolly faith has them if not you can try Wise Kids. If you are a member, you are entitled to 10% off.  Actually, I have a 15% discount on JP until 31 July from Wisekids because I attended their workshop last week. But some of the items may be out of stock, so the lady said I  can pay first to get the discount and they'll order it from UK and give it to me when they have the stock.

So, if you are interested, you can PM me your lists and contact no. But you may want to check the price lists and compare it with other suppliers to see if it is competitive enough and worth ordering from wisekid. I have not checked on other suppliers myself, as wisekid is more convenient for me to pick up the materials and usually I shop at HK island only.

55#
發表於 05-7-8 17:22 |只看該作者

jenniferpl

Can I buy it in any bookstore in UK?  Pls advise! thanks!

56#
發表於 05-7-8 21:40 |只看該作者

BBqueen

I don't know if you can buy it in UK bookstore, but I saw some selling at amazon.com, you may want to try searching it from the web. However, bear in mind that they may charge you the shipping.

If you are asking someone to buy in UK, maybe you can give them an email to  check out the place/or their distributor. please see first page for the official website of jolly learning.

57#
發表於 05-7-9 09:36 |只看該作者

Hello jenniferpl,

As I also wanted to let my son (4 years old) to start learning Jolly Phonics, Jolly faith is bit far for me. Can you find any good one in HK Island?

Could you advise how much is the book 1~7 and the DVD before discount? Thanks.

I tried to send mail to ask one of the certified teacher stated in Jolly Learning homepage.
A private class can be arranged, the charge is HK$300 per hour for 1 child or HK$450 per hour for 3 children. The place is at the child's home.
I'm considering to gather 2 to 3 kids for the class.

58#
發表於 05-7-9 16:41 |只看該作者

bb2001

Pls check pm!

59#
發表於 05-7-9 21:04 |只看該作者

bb2001
The cheapest one is at friends cost about HKD150 per hour (if I remembered correctly), but they only accept 4 years old and up, the other one I could find for my child is at Admiralty. Which costs about 160-200/hour  depending on the how much you pay in advance but is a native English speaker.

Well, is yours a native English? if yes, I am very interested.

Wise kids price before discount:
JP DVD :  HKD265
Finger Phonics Set of book 1-7 : HKD450

60#
發表於 05-7-10 09:47 |只看該作者

Hi Jenniferpl

Can you tell where to get the parents/teachers guide??  

Ths a lot
Carol

‹ 上一主題|下一主題