Marymount VS 聖心私立部 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 12-4-28 21:48 |只看該作者

回覆:Marymount VS 聖心私立部

我女女話佢班裡沒有第二個講入SH啦!之前喺BK就有ST.CAT家長話其女女入倒!可能係指其他班

42#
發表於 12-4-29 01:22 |只看該作者
Hi,

Just caught sight of this threat.  Perhaps let me also share my views.

My daugter is now studying in MPS, and a couple of years ago, she was also accepted by SH private school.  At that time, we picked MPS because:

1.  MPS has less homework.  This turned out to be very true, in the first two years, my daughter can finish all her homework within 1 hr (sometimes half an hour), as there were study classes at school in which she usually completes most of her homework.  Also, we prefer schools that have less homework so that there is more free time to exploit our daughter's strengths and interests.

2.  MPS is full day school, which is preferred by us as working parents.  We prefer our daughter to spend more time at school, interacting with her classmates, learning more from the school, than coming home early which I don't think she would learn much at home.  Also, half day school seems a bit of a rush to us.

3.  SH is more strict, and to what we understand at that time, there are more frequent "assessments" at SH.  First, our daughter is the more vocal and outgoing type, so we think MPS would suit her more; second, more assessments means more pressure, not just to our daughter, but also to us parents.  That is not what we want.
It turned out that our daughter loved MPS a lot, so I guess it suits her.

4.  Overall academically, I think SH is stronger than MPS.  If this is what you are looking for, SH might be your choice.  For us, we are happy with MPS' standards, and we are also impressed by MPS being able to foster a good reading culture and english environment.

5.  No school fees for MPS.  Can use the money on other extra-cirrular activities to develop our daughter's potential.

6.  MPS had just been renovated and is very spacious,  The feeling in the school is really comfortable, new and clean (suggest also to pay a visit to the schools before you make a decision)

After all, I think both MPS and SH are good schools, and which one to pick depends on your education philiosphy (i.e. which school matches with yours better) as well as your daugther's character.  Talk more to current students of both schools could also faciliate your decision process.

43#
發表於 12-4-29 09:03 |只看該作者

引用:Hi,Just+caught+sight+of+this+threat.++Pe

原帖由 Rary 於 12-04-29 發表
Hi,

Just caught sight of this threat.  Perhaps let me also share my views.
Thank You So Much for your opinionI also put MPS as my first choice.Since I just got 20 marks.I couldn't get into MPS in the first round!However I still put 甲部 first choice is MPS and vacant the second and the third blank .乙部I put MPS in the first choice.St.Paul Catholic in the second and St.Frances in the third.I know I cannot get second and the third choice as well as they are all very hit school

44#
發表於 12-4-29 09:17 |只看該作者

My husband and I both are very nervous about the result that release on 2ndJune.
We discuss the strategy on that day as wellActually,we cannot expect too much on the result as it is totally like a mark six!We surely go to SH if we get the bad news on that day

45#
發表於 12-4-29 12:32 |只看該作者
Tatyi,

Your strategy seems logical, since you have already got SH on hand, if I were you I might take a similar strategy. BTW, no need to be too nervous, you situation is already much better than most parents, so just take it easy, you have already placed your daughter in a no-lose situation, so as parents you have already done your part, next perhaps is just let God figure out which school suits your daugter better.

Also, you asked about the chances of going to secondary school, for MPS basically you your daughter can obtain B grades or above in eng chi and Maths, getting into MSS is no problem.

46#
發表於 12-4-29 13:17 |只看該作者

引用:Tatyi,Your+strategy+seems+logical,+since

原帖由 Rary 於 12-04-29 發表
Tatyi,

Your strategy seems logical, since you have already got SH on hand, if I were you I might ta ...
Thank You Very Much for your supportBy the way,how do find the possibility of knocking door after the result has been released?Is it the chance is quiet slim?Becoz,somebody said it is not everyone being interview although we choose MPS in the first choice in the first round and second round!

47#
發表於 12-4-29 15:40 |只看該作者
回復 Tatyi 的帖子

Hard to say, chances have never been high for door-knocking, especially when competition has been increasing every year....

there were also students who joined MPS  in P2/P3, etc,, but these students usually have very high academic standards...

48#
發表於 12-4-29 17:13 |只看該作者

引用:回復+Tatyi+的帖子 Hard+to+say,+chances+

原帖由 Rary 於 12-04-29 發表
回復 Tatyi 的帖子

Hard to say, chances have never been high for door-knocking, especially when comp ...
Do u think if I choose to study SH for one year( if result is not good)then apply MPS again in P.2 .Is it a suitable school?I know the school will see which school the child coming from!My friend said her neighbor's daughter originally studying in SFA in Sham Shui Po.MPS accept her application of P3!I know is Becoz of the school!That's y do I think SH is a good choice?

49#
發表於 12-4-30 00:05 |只看該作者
Not easy, not easy, those that can join MPS in higher primary years are usually quite talented.  I don't think joining MPS at higher primary years is easier than the door knocking round.  I am doubtful whether MPS has preference on particular primary school students, I believe the character/competencies of the applicant herself would probably be more important.  Moreover, SFA is reputable on its advanced academic standards.....

50#
發表於 12-4-30 11:27 |只看該作者

Thank YouI think u are absolutlely right
I know I need to face the reality even though the result is bad!

‹ 上一主題|下一主題