密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 DGJS interview
樓主: golfland
go

DGJS interview [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 09-10-10 18:57 |只看該作者
Anyone can share the content of the interview?

42#
發表於 09-10-10 20:21 |只看該作者
10 girls were placed in a room and were individually seated in 2 columns by 5 rows.  They were told a story about a rabbit and then asked to answer some questions by using an apple to indicate the right answer.  After that, each girl was asked to tell a story of their own.  They were also asked to write their name in English on a paper.  At the end of the test, a teacher comes to the girl desk and marks the paper immediately.  If the answer is correct, there will be a tick marked on each answer.

43#
發表於 09-10-10 20:24 |只看該作者
I knew that some groups of children were asked to write their Chinese name only.

44#
發表於 09-10-10 20:25 |只看該作者
原帖由 muimuitsui 於 09-10-10 16:24 發表
We are oridinary & unrelated to the sch. However our feeling are quite good as those staffs seems nice & the overall arrangement is satisfaction. And the interview involve all 8 girls's participaction ...

My little one also had a good time during interviews...

45#
發表於 09-10-10 20:26 |只看該作者
I observed that the teaching staff were nice.  There was a girl who kept on crying and refused to leave her mum.  Then almost all DGS girls and the teachers inside the room approached and talked to the girl trying to convince her to line up with other girls. The impression to me was really good.

46#
發表於 09-10-10 20:56 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

47#
發表於 09-10-10 21:23 |只看該作者
原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-10-10 20:56 發表
I think they are not staff but volunteer parents instead. I heard them chatting about their daughters.

Also one of the volunteer parent was Daisy Ho (Stanley ho's daughter)

The staff that I mentioned were teachers not volunteer, parents volunteers were easily identified as they carried "helper" name card.

I saw Daisy Ho as well, she was the one who made announcements thru speaker in the waiting hall.

48#
發表於 09-10-10 21:50 |只看該作者

49#
發表於 09-10-10 21:51 |只看該作者

50#
發表於 09-10-10 22:19 |只看該作者
Scary!!!! How come things have gone so extreme these years?  I know quite some friends graduated from DGS, they are all nice.  None of them are celebrities nor rich.  One of my elder son's schoolmates was also admitted by DGJS few years ago. Her parents were humble and non-related.  But I can tell you that the girl got admitted was very smart and POLITE and HUMBLE.

51#
發表於 09-10-10 22:26 |只看該作者
原帖由 ratafan 於 09-10-10 22:19 發表
Scary!!!! How come things have gone so extreme these years?  I know quite some friends graduated from DGS, they are all nice.  None of them are celebrities nor rich.  One of my elder son's schoolmates ...

I heard that some years ago when DGS was still a gov't subsidized school, it could still train up girls to become good at academic even though most students were not recruited thru interview.  Once a school started to become sort of 'private school' , things are becoming more and more "exaggerating".  This is HK.

52#
發表於 09-10-10 22:28 |只看該作者

53#
發表於 09-10-10 22:42 |只看該作者
有時我想大家可能太著重名人的名氣, 而看不到她們的父母投放的資源有時遠遠多過普通人, 有錢的在小孩讀幼稚園時便每月用多多錢給兒女學東西, 有機會可以上台比演, 這都是心血來的.  如果兩個小孩天生天分一樣, 享受資源多些當然好些...

Dgjs 是香港人心目中的貴族名校, 二個女仔一樣, 她們當然會選有學問, 有銀兩的, 名校名校, 沒名人怎成名校? 當然你的子女非常突出, 我想機會總會有的.  妳估學校不知道小學同學之間非富則貴? 好成綪是靠學校, 家長, 補習老師及資源pump 出來的.

我的小孩今天也見了dgjs, 我也是普通人, 女兒令我最安慰的是她說有很多題目不會答... 一大進步!

54#
發表於 09-10-10 22:54 |只看該作者
My daughter refused to discuss the content of interview with me until now when we read the message by another mum together.  
She said they played a game first by an orange instead of apple.  Then they were asked to read a story book at their own choice quietly.  Lastly, they read a story together with an English teacher through the projector screen.  It was about "The Fish and Chun Chun."  They were asked to write their Chinese names only.
When we chatted with some parents after interview while waiting taxi, it seems the format of interview were not the same.  Some of the children said they did not need to speak in English and no story telling.

55#
發表於 09-10-10 22:56 |只看該作者
原帖由 panbaby 於 09-10-10 22:42 發表
有時我想大家可能太著重名人的名氣, 而看不到她們的父母投放的資源有時遠遠多過普通人, ...

There're a lot of "ordinary" families (ie. not celebrities) who have been spending equal or even more efforts on grooming their children in more or less the same way as these famous ppl do.

56#
發表於 09-10-10 22:57 |只看該作者
When my daughter finished the interview today, she just told me it's quite boring, and she was told to walk around and around.  I was quite frustrated that she was discriminated.  However, after reading this discussion group, I asked her again and she replied:  
Step 1: Write down your Chinese name on a white label
Step 2: A teacher gives two pictures to her, and asked her to tell the story.
Step 3: Read some pictures about animals, and answer some questons by using apples to indicate the answers.
Step 4: Go to another classroom, and read story books.

57#
發表於 09-10-10 22:58 |只看該作者
原帖由 Chumeiying 於 09-10-10 22:54 發表
My daughter refused to discuss the content of interview with me until now when we read the message by another mum together.  
She said they played a game first by an orange instead of apple.  Then the ...

Yes it appeared that there were different format across the students.  And this is reasonable.

58#
發表於 09-10-10 23:50 |只看該作者
Although I am not so confident of my daughter's performance today, I am deeply impressed by the arrangement from the school and the staff attitude.  All the people I met were very nice.   After seeing the video inside the hall, I really feel that DGS girls are very fortunate and happy studying in a school with  excellent performance in all areas. Guess Mrs. Dai is a very responsible principal.  By the way,  do you think Mrs. Dai was also inside the interview room to assess the kids or only until 2nd interview as she used to interview all kids on her own.   Anyway, good luck to you all.

59#
發表於 09-10-10 23:59 |只看該作者
I really agree with you!!

I would like to say why some parents always presume those famous school will treat the "celebrates" differently.  If you feel such school so unfair, why you still apply for it, right?  There is only two ways you can go; either become celebrates or ignore such school.  Otherwise, you always feel upset when you girl not get accepted.  You will only think you are treated unfair.  

Actually, interview is like this.  Must have someone get accepted and some don't.  Just relax and enjoy the process.  Your girl has tried the best and no regret.

原帖由 panbaby 於 09-10-10 22:42 發表
有時我想大家可能太著重名人的名氣, 而看不到她們的父母投放的資源有時遠遠多過普通人, 有錢的在小孩讀幼稚園時便每月用多多錢給兒女學東西, 有機會可以上台比演, 這都是心血來的.  如果兩個小孩天生天分一樣, 享受 ...

60#
發表於 09-10-11 00:37 |只看該作者

staffs are very nice

in front of the registrate table, the staff, I think she is teacher, use the very nice voice to speak with my daughter.

All the staffs I met today are very nice.

In addition, the headmistress is beautiful, really 風韻猶存。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題