搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 DBSPD ChatRoom
樓主: nickmum
go

DBSPD ChatRoom [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 04-9-24 12:58 |只看該作者

Re: DBSPD ChatRoom

My son is in P.1P.  He was admitted to the Beginner Go as his elective.  

My son told me that the teaher is quite 惡 and straight.  Some of his classmates were punished to stand in front of the class because of noisy and playing jokes of a classmate's name.  

Regarding the medium of teaching, his class teacher told me that some of the parents had phoned her and requested her to speak in Cantonese.  Just as I mentioned before, I agree that there should have a transition period.  However, in a long run, the children should know and accept that English is the medium of teaching.  Otherwise, they will develop a habit or 惰性 not to speak or listen in English.  They may develop excuse and rely or expect teacher to translate into Cantonese.  I hope the situation will get better soon and parents will understand and won't make any more request on teaching in Cantonese.

42#
發表於 04-9-27 07:34 |只看該作者

According to my boy, the teachers are speaking English for most of the time except when the children were out of control.  I think the boys are just too excited and need more time to settle.

Since the boys came from very diversified background.  Listening and speaking should be the easiest to pick up in terms of the 4 basic language learning requirements(listening, speaking, reading and writing). Children are adapting real fast, so I believe there shouldn't be any problem to switch to an English-speaking environment.  Again, they just need time to tune in.

My impression on the pace of teaching is well-planned.  English is supplemented with reading, comprehension and grammar exercise.  The first Math book is almost completed by September.  Homework is kept at minimal level allowing time for revision and reading.  

I must say that there are certainly rooms for improvement.  The school is still new.  Aren't we all ready to sail through the many years to come?   Looking forward to mutual support amongst the parents.

One last point, for the benefit of the school and our boys, I think we should refrain from discussing these internal issues in the public forums. Let's see if we could improve the communication with school and amongst parents tonight.
該用戶已被刪除

43#
發表於 04-9-27 09:55 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

44#
發表於 04-9-27 11:48 |只看該作者

Dear WEi-Wei,

I also want to know the interview situation.  Can you share with me?

BR/Madge

45#
發表於 04-10-20 11:56 |只看該作者

Dear Wei-wei,
I really want to get your advise on the below subject:-
- interview style for p1
- which kindergarten mostly come from
- any tips and preparation for entering DBSPD
Thanks

46#
發表於 04-10-22 11:33 |只看該作者

2005年會否招小六插班生?

47#
發表於 04-10-22 21:36 |只看該作者

Only P.3 & P.4      

48#
發表於 04-10-22 21:57 |只看該作者

car_cheng,

My two sons applied P.1 & p.2 this year but both failed. One got Grade 4  piano with top ten in form while the other got Grade 2 piano with above average academic results. My P.1 boy even coun't have music appitude test for Grade 4 piano result while the K.3 boy just got the first round interview. The P.1 interview focused on the general questions and a English riddle question. I will try again in next April.

49#
發表於 04-10-26 13:01 |只看該作者

Hi, CSL123,
When was your boy interviewed for P.1?  It's so early to get the result.  Are you sure he doesn't have the chance of 2nd interview?  I just received the notice and my son will be interviewed this Sat.

50#
發表於 04-10-26 20:02 |只看該作者

hrsccky,

My younger son interviewed for P.1 last year and my elder son took the written exam for P.2  this year. I know DBSPD starts to interview this Sat. Good Luck!

51#
發表於 04-10-27 16:56 |只看該作者

Interview this Sat ?
Not finished in May already ?
When you've applied for P2 ?
I also want to apply for my son, but I heard that only wait for next year May le......
你們要將一切的憂慮卸給神,
因為祂顧念你們
彼前 5:7

52#
發表於 04-10-27 17:36 |只看該作者

Thanks CSL 123.

53#
發表於 04-11-6 14:51 |只看該作者

請問有沒有DBSPD的家長可否分享與張校長會面的經過?
:-P

54#
發表於 04-11-8 14:57 |只看該作者

Any experience ?

Please share it !
:-P

55#
發表於 04-11-19 12:03 |只看該作者

Parents of DBSPD boys,

May I know which KG was your boy from?
Which KG will be the prefered KG by DBSPD?

Thanks

56#
發表於 05-7-7 23:07 |只看該作者

I also want to know, too.

lodee 寫道:
Parents of DBSPD boys,

May I know which KG was your boy from?
Which KG will be the prefered KG by DBSPD?

Thanks
‹ 上一主題|下一主題