教育王國 討論區 課外活動 ~有無學緊E.nopi math 架??~
樓主: LawDebbie
go

~有無學緊E.nopi math 架??~ [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 07-4-14 15:06 |只看該作者

Re: ~有無學緊E.nopi math 架??~

cfanny,

certain level of repetition in Basic Thinking Math is essential, this is how the kids to strengthen the sense of Math and arithematic skills.  Suggest you to discuss with the tutor on those parts that you kid find  easy and in fact, an experienced tutor can make the judgement of whether the kids have already mastered those areas.  Kumon is repetition with very strict guide (e.g.10 mins, 2 worksheets with no more than 2 mistakes). According to me, Enopi Math is interesting in the way of layout and also we should understand the strength and weakness of each individual. and help the kids to walk through those obstacles.

let me know if you have any problems.
No pain, No gain, and sorry to say that, practice is essential in some extents. I'm good at Math, but I have also demonstrated high level of hard work till today.

22#
發表於 07-4-14 21:40 |只看該作者

Hi leelilili,

do you know which centre is good? I am living in tsuen wan. Today I told my daughter (4 1/2 years old) to fun fun kindergarten for testing. They ask me to come back half an hour but my daugther came back to me after 15 minutes. She answer most questions but can't do calculation question. The rating she got:
basic thinking math - level 3-1
critical thinking math - level 1-19

I asked the lady what is the level she actually is. She asked me to ask the teacher in the centre that I want to join this course sicne fun fun kindergarten only have one centre for testing in kowloon tong but I want to take course in tsuen wan. They gave me bad impression that they are not very professonal and can't give me detail result of the testing. I am thinking wheher I should take course in this kindergarten. I like the concept of E-nopi but good teacher is very important. Do you ahve any suggestion?

23#
發表於 07-4-14 22:51 |只看該作者

KarisMum,

Pls forgive the lady in TW Funfull, she's only handling the basic queries, I think.

I'm currently teaching Enopi Math in TST Funfull and Lamtin. I'll also start teaching in TW Funfull in late-May.  Level 3 is a point to revisit the sequence of number up to 120 and a starting to pick up the skills of addition, it's very important for a kid at 4-5 years old.  Give the kid patience and encouragement, they'll pick up the Math skills very soon under a fun environment.

I'll PM you my contact, and hope I can give you some advice.

leelilili

24#
發表於 07-4-14 23:10 |只看該作者

leelilili 寫道:
cfanny,

certain level of repetition in Basic Thinking Math is essential, this is how the kids to strengthen the sense of Math and arithematic skills.  Suggest you to discuss with the tutor on those parts that you kid find  easy and in fact, an experienced tutor can make the judgement of whether the kids have already mastered those areas.  Kumon is repetition with very strict guide (e.g.10 mins, 2 worksheets with no more than 2 mistakes). According to me, Enopi Math is interesting in the way of layout and also we should understand the strength and weakness of each individual. and help the kids to walk through those obstacles.

let me know if you have any problems.
No pain, No gain, and sorry to say that, practice is essential in some extents. I'm good at Math, but I have also demonstrated high level of hard work till today.

I'm sorry that I cannot agree with you. My son learn maths with a lot of fun and the decision of not joinning e.nopi is right. I teach him math in another way and he have P3 level at 6 yrs old.

25#
發表於 07-4-14 23:17 |只看該作者

Uglyma,

I've kept watching your message for more than 5 mins and tried to think how I can help you. As a Enopi Math tutor, I'm so glad when meeting parents who are keen on their kids' Math skills and expressed interest to Enopi Math. Enopi Math is fun and useful in nurturing the kids' Basic Math Skills and Critical thinking skills. I have the experience and passion to teach kids Math. Everytime when I see the kids' progress, it gives me the biggest encouragement.  I'm also a mother and I truely understand that why mums are so concerned about the quality of tutor, convenience of educational centre.  However, Enopi Math is not as mass as Kumon and you might find the coverage is not board enough to address each individual mum's need.

I'm teaching in TST on Sat morning and I'll be starting to teach in Kln Tong and TW in late-May / Jun.  I hope I can help but I also understand that it might be difficult for the kids to travel. Let me know whether it's possible for Sat morning or any other cases I can help.

Anyway, you can leave me note here or PM me if anything I can help.  I really hope I can give you advice on your kids' Math development, it doesn't matter if you'll come to my centre or not.

leelilili

26#
發表於 07-4-14 23:40 |只看該作者

cfanny,

glad to hear that, however, your son might be a genius. congratulations. I've played badminton this evening in the stadium and I saw a young kid practicing with the coach on surfing. Learning Math is just like learning piano or any other sports, we attend the lesson with proper inspiration / guidance from the tutor and then we practice by ourselves. Then attend the next lesson for another page of tuition.  I've been a Math tutor for kids from 3 years to 18 years for 15 years and I've met so many different kinds of students. Unfortunately, I've never come across any Math genius (in my student pool) who doesn't need practice in order to truely master the math skills.  

I must say, no offence to your way of teaching Math, I've a friend whose truely a genius in Math, very good sense of numbers and he's so smart that once the teacher teach the theory, he can understand and pick up the skills and in fact, he can master the skills easily. Bear in mind, he's a genius and this is proven by authorization.

Both my hubby and myself are Maths base people, and when we discuss howcome we find Math interesting and acquired good Math results in public exams. Very simple, truely understand the concept and practice.  Don't take me wrong that only doing meaningless repetition. Started from teenagers, I knew what exactly I am doing and I won't waste my time for doing something unnecessary.

Once again, no offence at all. this is only a place to share different opinions and I'm just sharing my experience and knowledge in teaching Math. It's fun and it works.

Cheers.

leelilili

27#
發表於 07-4-15 00:41 |只看該作者

good discussion! practice is not equal to repetition.
My son is gifted and cannot tolerate the boring and silly way of repetition. I'm not gifted and have the same feelings. Learning,esp. practice,can be more fun and make one eager to learn. My son do a lot of practices,but in daily life,in supermarket, taxi, and dept. store when you're buying things,he can tell you the total amount you have to pay. He like challege,he do the math questions in Singtao newspapers every week.
He loves math and always make up his own games which can motivate himself learn more. i'm glad with his progress this yr,if he still stay with e.nopi.,maybe he had already lost the interests in maths, or move on slow due to the abundant exercises.  However,e.nopi,or kumon (sorry,I put them in the same category)is suitable for the PARENTS who is nervious about their children's learning,but not suitable for children. Remember, your children still have to go through the same process in their school works. Learning can be fun!

moreover, the assessment was really a joke. After the assessment, the tutor said my son should start at level 4, I told the tutor that my son can master the bacis calculation and can start at a higher level. she insist,and after two lessons,she said he could jump to level 7,but  that still was not his actual level either.  anyway,we just continued 2 months but quit. My son was happy to spend the time in a more interesting way learning and move on much faster.

28#
發表於 07-4-15 22:34 |只看該作者

Leelilili

I've been following this thread with interest and want to ask where about in Lamtin are you teaching? What is the suitable age to start Enopi maths? Is the Enopi Math @ TST Funful open to public or only for their existing students?

29#
發表於 07-4-16 13:08 |只看該作者

mom2twins,

I'm PM you the info, pls check. thanks.

Leelilili

30#
發表於 07-4-16 13:20 |只看該作者

leelilili,

Could you please give me more information for Enopi Math in Shatin.

31#
發表於 07-4-16 15:15 |只看該作者

hoveypan,

PM sent, pls check.
thanks.

Leelilili

32#
發表於 07-4-16 22:31 |只看該作者

hi leelilili,

i would also like to hv some info about the Lamtin ctr, pls PM the details to me, thx !

33#
發表於 07-4-17 10:56 |只看該作者

PM sent, thanks.

leelilili

jusjusmom 寫道:
hi leelilili,

i would also like to hv some info about the Lamtin ctr, pls PM the details to me, thx !

34#
發表於 07-4-17 18:19 |只看該作者

mom2twins,

email sent, pls check. Thx.

leelilili

醒目開學勳章

35#
發表於 07-4-19 16:34 |只看該作者

Leelilili, I'm also interested in E.Nopi and have browsed thru their website.  I've also contacted the center in Tseung Kwan O and would like to give it a try.  However, like other mums' concern on the qualification of the instructor, how can you tell if he/she is good?  or can you recommend a center around TKO?

B. Rgds
Chloe

36#
發表於 07-4-19 17:12 |只看該作者

To me, the criterias of Math instructor to a kid are base on:
1. observation skills to the kids' behaviour and the instructor's experience - could the instructor evaluate the kids' strength and weakness from doing the assessment, talking with parents, learning from the kids current worksheets from the school
2. facilitation skills of the intructor - how the instructor explain the Math theory to the kid? every kid is unique, a good instructor should be able to use easy and relevant materials to explain the Math theory to the kid
3. personality of the instructor - the instructor must be able to make the class interesting, proper encouragement and proper rules to the kids. MAKE the kids like the instructor and the class. This is very important, otherwise, the kid will not be happy to attend the class and do the exercise from the instructor
4. good communication with parents - to update parents about the progress of the kid and know more about the kids. it should be ongoing dialogue with parents and it's additional way to monitor the progress rather than only looking at the answers on the worksheets.

I'm teaching in Lamtin and TST, let me know if I can help.

leelilili

37#
發表於 07-4-21 20:40 |只看該作者

[quote]
Isis_Iain 寫道:

我都想同妳分享下我

38#
發表於 07-4-21 20:51 |只看該作者

ChloeMa,

我家姐係住近將軍澳,佢囝囝

39#
發表於 07-4-21 22:51 |只看該作者

leelilili,

I have followed this and pls pm me the information in Lamtin or TST. I am interested in E.nopi math too. I live in Clear water bay.

thanks
Prema

40#
發表於 07-4-23 00:16 |只看該作者

leelilili 寫道:
To me, the criterias of Math instructor to a kid are base on:
1. observation skills to the kids' behaviour and the instructor's experience - could the instructor evaluate the kids' strength and weakness from doing the assessment, talking with parents, learning from the kids current worksheets from the school
2. facilitation skills of the intructor - how the instructor explain the Math theory to the kid? every kid is unique, a good instructor should be able to use easy and relevant materials to explain the Math theory to the kid
3. personality of the instructor - the instructor must be able to make the class interesting, proper encouragement and proper rules to the kids. MAKE the kids like the instructor and the class. This is very important, otherwise, the kid will not be happy to attend the class and do the exercise from the instructor
4. good communication with parents - to update parents about the progress of the kid and know more about the kids. it should be ongoing dialogue with parents and it's additional way to monitor the progress rather than only looking at the answers on the worksheets.

I'm teaching in Lamtin and TST, let me know if I can help.

leelilili[/quote]

leelilili,
可否sand資料俾我?Lamtin or TST ,一堂有幾人?&$$/m,pm給我thx.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖