22#
發表於 06-2-9 11:58 |只看該作者

Re: Seminar on how to prepare P.1 Application

Dear DBBoy

I pm you just before.  pls check.

23#
發表於 06-2-9 21:39 |只看該作者

I have been asked the following question and I post my reply for everyone's in BK :)

French or Main Stream?

Dear DBBoy,

I have been following your posts for sometime and I admire your frankness and dedication about the school. I would like to have your comments about the French Stream or Main Stream. Which one do you think is better and why? Can the French Stream students go outside and do some extra tuition for their Chinese and will this be too much work for a small boy? French plus Chinese? My husband speaks a little French and away from home quite a lot. I don't speak any French at all. Please advise. Thank you very much.

Treasures

Dear Treasures

I thank you for your kind words and I am just doing my part on an internet forum like BK.

From an educational point of view, we wish our children to learn what we do not know and not what we already know.  On this principle, French is better as I can teach my son Chinese (Cantonese) at home.

I choose French for my son since I do not agree with using Cantonese to teach Chinese.  French stream has less homework, allow them to learn a third language and my sons can do Mandarin after hours using Primary textbooks from Mainland China/Singapore.

French students at DBSPD enjoy a teacher/student of around 1:5 and they have much more fun.  My sons are going to France for a field trip this April.

Learning is fun and that's how it is in my family :).  My children are enjoying French, Mandarin and English and they have never complained

DBBoy

24#
發表於 06-2-10 10:00 |只看該作者

Thank you for all of your response.  I intend to close the list on Monday.  If PM or email to confirm your place.

DBBoy

25#
發表於 06-2-10 16:00 |只看該作者

I expect that the seminar will be for a duration of two hours with 30 minutes of question time and discussion.  See you all on the day :)

26#
發表於 06-2-10 17:07 |只看該作者

Dear DBBoy

Thank you so much for offering our seminar!
I am keen to join it, please count me and my husdand in.  See you then!

Cheers!
Lilian

27#
發表於 06-2-10 17:43 |只看該作者

Thanks so much. I pm to you in name of wmwong.
Look forward to meet you.

Emily  

28#
發表於 06-2-11 02:17 |只看該作者

All of you who wish to join need to send me PM or email direct.  I am over booking by 20% since I do not wish to waste any seats for the no-shows :).  Be there early to get a seat :)

29#
發表於 06-2-15 14:54 |只看該作者

Please confirm the time please.

30#
發表於 06-2-15 20:25 |只看該作者

Dear Parents

I am now closing the list for this Saturday's gathering.  I have sent an email to all those parents who have given an email address to me.  If you have not received an email from me, please resend your email address to my personal email at [email protected].

I have conscientiously made advanced preparation for this event and have invited a guest speaker who will be able to give you good insight on this subject.  

As a matter of respect for the speakers, I would remind parents to be punctual or arrive early.  I am confident that you will gain much from the information that we have prepared for you at this seminar.

DBB         

31#
發表於 06-2-15 22:14 |只看該作者

Please try to arrange for someone to look after the little ones at home.  We love little children but we may be a bit shorthanded if we need to look after them while we are talking.

They will appreciate the fact that we are meeting for their good.

32#
發表於 06-2-19 03:08 |只看該作者

I am extremely gald to meet over 60 parents at the seminar and I am extremely happy to share my views with you.  I would invite those who attended the seminar to give comments on its contents and tell me whether its contents have been helpful :)

Please also let me know in what areas I need to improve the contents.

:)

33#
發表於 06-2-22 16:05 |只看該作者

Hi,
I am new member. Can I join your meeting? Pls advise and where/when will be placed?

Thanks,Rjmummy

34#
發表於 06-2-23 23:30 |只看該作者

Dear DBBoy,

My boy will be K3 the coming Sep, that means I need to prepare the P.1 Application soon. Will there be any more seminar offer ? Since I have no idea how to choose the primary school for my son ...  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題