教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 DBSPD 2nd Interview
樓主: Jason_Daddy
go

DBSPD 2nd Interview [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-11-24 11:01 |只看該作者

Re: DBSPD 2nd Interview

Dear Mike & Tess,

經你咁講, 我又覺得你都講得幾有道理喎, 現埸氣氛對一個只有5歲既小朋友嚟講, 又係過嚴肅同大陣仗, 如依你所講, 小朋友既自然反應係好重要!  但點都好, 祝各位家長既小寶貝都可以獲心目中既學校取錄!

OnHo

22#
發表於 05-11-24 11:20 |只看該作者

To: Mike&Tess and those who are interested in my sharing:

本想唔講喇...嘻嘻...cos I think I have expressed clearly my point here...

Yet in viewing of your sharing, that reminded me my son's behaviour in the interview..又想分享吓~~

哈哈...on that day, when we were answering question, 佢竟然唔坐定 and then 走咗去老師張枱前面玩同裝佢地做乜呀.....死未...   

Then I asked him to go back to his seat (fortunately he followed) but then he 用對腳將張 chair move to and from ar... (the chair got wheels ma....)...

佢真係唔慌唔 "feel at home" la...but I am afraid he is overdoing it je....         

My son is really 反斗....    but we love him sooo much, so even I knew well beforehand the whole process of interview already before we go(from other sources, not the forum here) but I did not tell my son anything about it....just tell him that I will bring him to DBS again, and ask him to try to answer as many questions as possible as long as he knows the answer.

Then he asked me : "mom, what if I dunno how to answer"?

Then I said : "Well..then tell the teachers honestly saying that "sorry, I dunno lor"".....

BE YOURSELF - that's what I told him.

就好似 William Hung 名言 : "I know I have done my best and I have no regret at all"......

But I absolutely understand how anxious parents wish their kids to enter a good school, so certain behaviour will show up based on our difference in values.  So I won't feel bad at all no matter how opposing the ideas I received.  I just take that as "another way of looking things"~~

I am pretty good at accepting opposing ideas now....that's a very good training to me in fact.  I do think appreciate those who reminded me to think of a case in different perspectives, and be aware of all different people's feeling before I do something.

Yet I would still thank for all those parents here who support me and be able to understand my rationale behind certain behaviour.

是非成敗轉頭空, 浪花淘盡英雄, 青山依舊在, 幾度夕陽紅.....suddenly I think of this....   

只要人一日未蓋棺都唔可以下定論 how well I performed in my life 嘅....so we will never give up...yet we will never press ourselves too hard (physically and psychologically) as well.

呵呵....阿婆 C9 我又 char 遠咗添~~~~sorry 各位~~    又俾我 up 吓喇....笑吓開心d嘛~~     

23#
發表於 05-11-24 11:20 |只看該作者

OnHo & Mike&Tess

Oh, really!  I can feel but I cannot describe it out like you.  My son seems very happy in interview, no stress at all (for him, just like playing game).  But for me,  I feel like applying a job, afraid losing a job, facing the big bosses!  Actually, we should learn from our kids, keeping a "child's heart" all the time.
該用戶已被刪除

24#
發表於 05-11-24 11:39 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
該用戶已被刪除

25#
發表於 05-11-24 11:52 |只看該作者

該用戶已被刪除

26#
發表於 05-11-24 11:53 |只看該作者

27#
發表於 05-11-24 12:03 |只看該作者

Mike&Tess:

Well...thanks for your blessing first...

Yup....I have to say his behaviour on that day did embarrass us a bit, but then I think it's not too bad that the teacher can observe my "real" son there, cos that may help them to make a firm decision whether he fits the school or not.

If the school still takes him, that means they think he can fit in the DBS culture quite well, or vice versa.  And I won't feel bad if the school didn't take him becos that is only a matching game, somehow it's even better than 因誤會而結合, 因了解而分開喇...right?         you see what I mean?   

So....隨遇而安喇....

May I wish your son good luck too!!!    

28#
發表於 05-11-24 12:50 |只看該作者

To :Mike & Tess & Yin Yin mom,

I agree with you, the atmosphere, the penal and the timer were pretty daunting even for parents, and much more so for a 5 year old.  But I think that's why they invited parents to go in for the brief 'chat' so as to help to settle the child down.

My son was pretty nervous before the interview, but I think he soaked in the atmosphere and environment quickly whilst we were in the room and seemed pretty relaxed after that (or maybe he was completely oblivious about it!?!)

I can understand why del_eric and others were concerned about too much 'sharing' as all of us are going through this anxious period, and everyone wanted his/her child to be admitted. But for those who have been interviewed or are going to be interviewed, please try to relax.  Those questions are not the same (ours was already different from the ones asked of Yin Yin mom, and the people on my penal were different from those on Mike & Tess's). They were not difficult questions at all, and even without any knowledge beforehand, anyone can answer them.   

I have benefited a great deal from other parents on Baby Kingdom. Whether my son finally managed to get into DBSPD or not, I would very much like to thank Rachethew, easy, civic, ICHUN (apologies if I have missed anyone out), and countless other parents who were willing to share their info and exchange ideas in here. THANK YOU!!

Good luck !!

29#
發表於 05-11-24 12:52 |只看該作者

Mike&Tess,

Thanks for the sharing. You made me understand finally why my son was not accepted last year. Just like all of you, my husband, my son and I were waiting in the seating room for 2nd int. We needed to wait for 3 hours and I witnessed a lot of children including my kids were so impatient, moreover, my son caught fever at that time, plus the anxiety from himself, pressure from us, he was totally dried out during the 3 hours. By the time he was called into the room, although he had a great release and yet, concentration was not functioned at that time. He forgot to do everything he needed to, e.g. greeting, smiles, etc. After 5 min he came out and we checked what he did in the room, my husband and I were quite sure that he has failed.  

Mike&Tess, thanks for reminding me "environment test" is the key for the 2nd interview. Now I fully understand why we failed.

30#
發表於 05-11-24 13:13 |只看該作者

To be fair to all applicants, I suggest that you never talk about the interview because thousands of boys will apply for this school in the years to come.

del_eric 寫道:
Yes I can share my experience
but not at this time, only after the interview is over
to be fair to all applicants

:cry:
該用戶已被刪除

31#
發表於 05-11-24 14:47 |只看該作者

該用戶已被刪除

32#
發表於 05-11-24 14:54 |只看該作者

33#
發表於 05-11-24 15:28 |只看該作者

Chinese_B 寫道:
To be fair to all applicants, I suggest that you never talk about the interview because thousands of boys will apply for this school in the years to come.

[quote]
del_eric 寫道:

[/quote]

34#
發表於 05-11-24 15:43 |只看該作者

Sorry Mike&Tess, I am totally lost. What do you disagree with me? Please enlighten me.     

該用戶已被刪除

35#
發表於 05-11-24 16:09 |只看該作者

36#
發表於 05-11-24 16:23 |只看該作者

Mike & Tess,

The passage was written in direct response to del_eric's message. Please re-read and you may have a different interpretation.

Recite:

"To be fair to all applicants, I suggest that you never talk about the interview because thousands of boys will apply for this school in the years to come."

該用戶已被刪除

37#
發表於 05-11-24 16:41 |只看該作者

38#
發表於 05-11-24 17:42 |只看該作者

What a good acid response!

Chinese_B 寫道:

[quote]
del_eric 寫道:

[/quote]

39#
發表於 05-11-24 19:14 |只看該作者

I found that most of the boys came out from the interview room very quickly.  I guess that the school has allocated for each candidate with a time slot of only 5 to 10 minutes so as to speed up the whole selection process.  
My son told me that he had to finish two tasks during the interview.  One was assembling puzzles and the other was reorganizing story cards.  It seemed that the interviewer did not spend much time in chatting with the boys.  
Therefore, if a boy is smart enough and he can finish the tasks very fast, he can of course leave the room quickly.  大頭玲 and other BK parents, don't feel hopeless if your sons came out quickly.  That's because your dear children had done great jobs.              

40#
發表於 05-11-24 19:24 |只看該作者

Hi

I think I want to make some points clear.

some mom said that it is not that serious to talk about or disclose the questions

I have some opinions:

1. some mom send their kids to interview class total ~ $4000
2. some mom send their kids to get batipised, to get the extra 5 points
3. from the newspaper, a dad sold his house in Hong Kong Islands and bought an apartment in Kowloon Tong, so that his kid can get a higher chance to go into a famous school in Kowloon Tong.

All these showed that some parents takes this very seriously.

For the dad that sold his house and bought a new one, it involves millions of dollars. His behaviour tells you that he is very serious. But does he play a fair game? I must admit he does. He play according to the rules and regulation set down by the Education Department.

All I want is to play a fair game here in serious manner according to the rules and regulations set up.

As the interview is over (correct me if I am wrong), my job is done

Bye      
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖