23#
發表於 05-7-3 01:40 |只看該作者

Re: 有冇家長俾小朋友留級入名校?

或許潮流巳改,連名校也收轉校留級, Vow!

24#
發表於 05-7-4 09:18 |只看該作者

youma 寫道:
DBSPS has accepted several repeaters this year and last year.

我都知 St.Paul Co-ed Secondary 數年前收了一個轉校重讀F.2生,不過這學生在未轉ST.Paul之前在舊校也是全班考第一,所以真是令人費解?

25#
發表於 05-7-4 09:59 |只看該作者

I think we must treat it serious to avoid conveying the incorrect message to parents in this forum who may take the advice.  I think most of the elite school do have the parameters and methods in choosing students no matter "small" or "big" and not just the results of written test or interview.  

Unnecessary repeat will cause bad impact to your kids that you will not know at the moment but in future.  It's nothing worthwhile as it won't guarantee for a seat but you have to suffer for the risks to spoil the life of your kids.  Also, good kindergarten will not allow such kind of repeat.     

youma 寫道:
CSL,

I do not know the parents of the repeaters directly and hence I do not understand their exact rationale. I think they want their sons entering into DBSPS because the children can be guaranteed to DBS. I hear that some of the children are "small" boys.

I guess DBSPS does not give extra marks to repeaters but repeaters should get better result in the entrance test and thus better chance.

I do not know how to comment on this decision as I do not know the child and the parent. But to myself, I think the cost is higher than the benefit, in particular the psychological impact to the repeating child.
:-|

youma 寫道:

26#
發表於 05-7-4 15:02 |只看該作者

YES, but I think most of them would not repeat kindergarten but the primary and secondary class.

hot1234 寫道:
I think we must treat it serious to avoid conveying the incorrect message to parents in this forum who may take the advice.  I think most of the elite school do have the parameters and methods in choosing students no matter "small" or "big" and not just the results of written test or interview.  

Unnecessary repeat will cause bad impact to your kids that you will not know at the moment but in future.  It's nothing worthwhile as it won't guarantee for a seat but you have to suffer for the risks to spoil the life of your kids.  Also, good kindergarten will not allow such kind of repeat.     

[quote]
youma 寫道:
CSL,

I do not know the parents of the repeaters directly and hence I do not understand their exact rationale. I think they want their sons entering into DBSPS because the children can be guaranteed to DBS. I hear that some of the children are "small" boys.

I guess DBSPS does not give extra marks to repeaters but repeaters should get better result in the entrance test and thus better chance.

I do not know how to comment on this decision as I do not know the child and the parent. But to myself, I think the cost is higher than the benefit, in particular the psychological impact to the repeating child.
:-|

youma 寫道:
[/quote]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖