搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 UK State Boarding Schools
樓主: albertpapa
go

UK State Boarding Schools [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 11-6-21 22:04 |只看該作者

回復 2# kaka01 的帖子

所有STATU SCHOOL都接受直接向學校申請, 學校資料可在學校網裏找到, 我是向HOCKERILL直接申請的, 但需要帶子女到英國INTERVIEW.

22#
發表於 11-6-22 09:36 |只看該作者

回復 2# albertpapa 的帖子

Thanks for your information.

23#
發表於 11-6-22 09:42 |只看該作者

回復 2# cmaggie 的帖子

那麽入學試是否在 interview時一起進行呢?interview完後學校是否也會拒絕收生呢?

24#
發表於 11-6-24 23:50 |只看該作者

回覆 1# kaka01 的文章

After interview, you will have an simple english test at the same time.  My daughter get a boarding place.  They reject my son, the reason is the boarding place is full. He's on a waiting list.

25#
發表於 11-7-14 12:08 |只看該作者
咁岩, 我都有親戚既仔仔都係讀呢間, 佢好enjoy school life !

原帖由 albertpapa 於 11-5-13 13:33 發表
Hi Shirrenlau and Spanishmama,

My son is going to Wymondham College this September to start his Year 9 course. Where are your kids studying?

26#
發表於 11-7-15 14:28 |只看該作者
Which year is your relative's kid studying?

27#
發表於 11-7-15 18:24 |只看該作者
佢剛剛讀完grade 11, 係香港讀完中三走.

原帖由 albertpapa 於 11-7-15 14:28 發表
Which year is your relative's kid studying?

[ 本帖最後由 overview 於 11-7-15 18:42 編輯 ]

28#
發表於 11-7-18 14:45 |只看該作者

回復 1# albertpapa 的帖子

could you tell me how old is your son for studying year 9 there? and did he finish form 2 in HK?

I am interested in sending my daughter to state boarding too...can you tell me if it is easy to get it? What do we need to do ?

29#
發表於 11-7-18 19:19 |只看該作者

回復 28# HKdevil 的帖子

My son is 13 years old and has just finished F.2 in HK. We do not want him to go straight to year 10 as we wish to give him some time to get use to boarding life before getting ready for the GCSE exams. We wrote directly to the college but was asked to go through Academic Asia to arrange for interview and pre-interview tests. We keep constant contact with the college though.

30#
發表於 11-7-19 00:09 |只看該作者
thanks for the clarification, I want to do the same for my daughter but really want her to finish f3 first since I want her to have good chinese foundation.

Did you consider St George VA school? It looks quite good.

Was it difficult to get into the school you have chosen?

31#
發表於 11-7-19 00:28 |只看該作者
oh one more thing, does that mean if we go through Academic Asia, then we do not need go to Uk for interview or tests?

Thanks for the clarification again....you have been very helpful indeed.

32#
發表於 11-7-20 13:44 |只看該作者

回覆 30# HKdevil 的文章

We did write to St. Georges VA School but did not send in our application. I can't really remember the reason why.

When choosing schools, we were more concentrate on the location of the school as some places in England can be as rough as Mong Kok or even worse.

To apply for state boarding schools in the UK, the procedures are simple. You may be:-
(1) requested to sit for exams in HK and interview in HK;
(2) requested to sit for exam in HK and interview at the school if you are shortlisted;
(3) requested to attend an interview only in HK or at the school;
(4) requested to sit exams and attend interview at the school.

Different schools have different selection policies.

Trust you have already done research for the state boarding schools and good luck for your applications.

33#
發表於 11-7-20 17:49 |只看該作者
Thanks Albert you have been most helpful. Do you think St George VA is good ? I am thinking of this one and the one your son is studying.

Do keep us informed of how he is doing after he starts his boarding life. Do you think his Chiinese will be good enough just up to form 2?

34#
發表於 11-7-21 13:31 |只看該作者

回覆 33# HKdevil 的文章

To me, both St. Georges and Wymondham are good schools. As we wish to find a right school for my son, we sat together with him to look at all the materials to ensure we made the decision together. Of course, the other side of the decision is up to the chosen schools. We did not really concern on the rankings like other parents but rather concern on the learning environment. We wish to find a school that my son would learn with joy, make long last friends and be inspired to learn.

Both schools are of similar type and quite easy to access to geographically. The only difference, if any, is that the boarding community of Wymondham is slightly bigger.

As for the ability in "Chinese", it all depends on the kid. My son was born in HK and has been brought up in Cantonese speaking environment and attends lpocal school. There is no problem on his ability to read, write and understand Chinese. But who knows when he come back from the UK in a few years time, he would choose English as his communication mean. Nevertheless, his basis ability to communicate in Chinese in whatever form will not go away. I don't have much worry on this.

By all means, my only advice is to write to your chosen state boarding schools soonest possible as there is only a few in the UK and there's huge demand for boarding places.

By the way, will you not consider to give your kid a year of comfort zone before she she get stuck in her GCSEs?

35#
發表於 11-7-21 15:08 |只看該作者
i am still struggling actually, my kids grow up in english speaking environment althouh they study in local school, but the one chance they speak chinese is at schools probably as a result their chinese are the weakiest for all of them.

Therefore I realy genuinely worry if she leaves after form 1 or 2, her chinese might not be good enough.

But on the otherhand, as you said I want her to have one year to get used to it before she embarks on gcse!!!

I am still thinking!!!

36#
發表於 11-7-26 20:47 |只看該作者

回復 34# albertpapa 的帖子

I think i will also apply for wymondham college since it has a agent and much easier! thanks

37#
發表於 11-9-22 14:19 |只看該作者
Albert, can you tell us how your son is getting on now in Wymondham College? please.

38#
發表於 11-9-22 23:33 |只看該作者
is HOCKERILL free of charge & you only pay for boarding school fees? I read from the website, it's only 1xxxx pounds for boarder annually. Did you go to interview then? When is it? What is the chance of their acceptance? 50 / 50? How old is your girl? Are you holdong UK passport?

I'm also interested in this school. Can you share some more info with me pls?   Million thanks.

原帖由 cmaggie 於 11-6-21 22:04 發表
所有STATU SCHOOL都接受直接向學校申請, 學校資料可在學校網裏找到, 我是向HOCKERILL直接申請的, 但需要帶子女到英國INTERVIEW.

39#
發表於 11-9-23 15:24 |只看該作者
我朋友的小孩現在讀The Priory Academy LSST (Lincoln), 聽說學校環境及畢業生的成績都好, 學校有AL 課程. 申請是經一間agent 做的。如你有興趣, 可以幫你問問。

40#
發表於 11-9-23 17:51 |只看該作者
I am interested, pls ask for me thank you.

do they only accept form 6 students for boarding?

原帖由 士多老闆 於 23-9-2011 15:24 發表
我朋友的小孩現在讀The Priory Academy LSST (Lincoln), 聽說學校環境及畢業生的成績都好, 學校有AL 課程. 申請是經一間agent 做的。如你有興趣, 可以幫你問問。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題