用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 讀其他幼稚園 (Not in Kowloon Tong)有被私校/ 直資取錄 ...
樓主: JLL
go

讀其他幼稚園 (Not in Kowloon Tong)有被私校/ 直資取錄? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-12-4 11:23 |只看該作者
原帖由 cyytracy1112 於 10-12-4 01:03 發表
Thanks for your questions.
It's his fourth year studying in this school. When he was two, we enrolled him in the IN1 (International Nursery). During class, his class teachers talked to him either in P ...

So, it means your son is studying in an international KG but not a common KG in which the teachers speaking in Cantonese except for the English class. That is the reason why your son got offers. For my son, he is only studying in common KG and all his classmates only speak Cantonese. That's why I think the interview's result is related to the KG they are studying (even the KG is not in Kowloon Tong).

22#
發表於 10-12-5 00:30 |只看該作者
My son's school is just a local kindergarten but it offers 4 international classes -  IN1, IK1, IK2 & IK3 (i.e. using PTH and English as medium of instruction). For the rest, students are taught through Cantonese.
I have to admit that my son did have some advantages when he went for interview, especially he was asked to give responses in PTH. Though many schools offer PTH, it's just a subject alongside the curriculum. To my son, PTH isn't a subject but a language he uses for communciation. So is English.
Frankly, I can partly agree to your opionion. To me, a kid would definitely be awarded high marks if he or she is proficient in languages. However, a school also looks for kids who are obedient, willing to learn and confident. Will they be furious or bad-tempered when they fail to do something? If a kid is passive and quiet all the time, for sure, he or she won't be the principal's cup of tea.
My son is the kind of kids who need warm-ups. He is quiet and passive when facing strangers. I must say that we were lucky in his past interviews as each time he was given time to play and it gave him ample time to get used to the strange environment.
I can see how anxious you are. Mom, we must acept that our kids have strength and weakness. No one is perfect. Try your best and do your best. To round up my feedback, I would like to quote what William Hung said at the American Idol's, "I already gave my best, and I have no regrets at all". Every Dad or Mom will devote themselves to their own children. So do you and I. There is something that is out of hand ~ let's say, the teacher's comments or feedback during the interviews. I've seen so many cases that the parents thought their children performed well, however, they weren't admitted to their favourite schools. It happens all the time.
Good luck.. God bless your family.

23#
發表於 10-12-5 14:25 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
‹ 上一主題|下一主題