搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Interview on 21/5/07 in RC
查看: 6535|回覆: 45
go

Interview on 21/5/07 in RC [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-5-19 23:09 |只看該作者

Interview on 21/5/07 in RC

My son will have an interview for application of  year 5 on 21/05/07.

My child is studying in a local school now so that I am afraid he can't pass the interview. We all feel very anxious.

Is anyone can give me some adivices for the interview ?

Thanks a lot !!!

2#
發表於 07-5-20 08:40 |只看該作者

Re: Interview on 21/5/07 in RC

yeung2212

我外甥女14/5都寄咗信apply,你係幾時申請架?你仔仔在local school 讀緊幾年級呀?我外甥女讀緊P4,因測考太大壓力佢應付唔到,所以想轉校,我地都好希望佢考到,你又為什麽要轉校呢?有沒有家長可以說說面試情形呢?因為個小朋友一緊張就識都變唔識,所以好擔心。 :cry:  :cry:

3#
發表於 07-5-20 20:42 |只看該作者

Last year, the interview include: story writing (free writing of one page or more), reading, and chatting with the primary headmaster, meeting together with parents...the parents are recommended to know more about the school, like their IB programme and PYP programme, you can get these info in their website.

4#
發表於 07-5-20 21:19 |只看該作者

Dear Belledog

Thanks you very much for for invulable information.

I don't know the parents also need to have interview.

I think I need to see the school's website more detail.

God bless me !

5#
發表於 07-5-20 21:29 |只看該作者

kaka01

My son has send the application in March 2007.

He is studying pimary 3 now. I also can't tolerance the syallbus of local school. Chinese & English dictation every weeks with many homeworks. The worse thing is that the teacher will not teach so much as they think all students can learn the knowlege by the private tutors. They are so lazy. So I want change the school.

But in fact,I think my son's English standard can't fullfill the requirement of RC. Therefore, I can only seek help on this chatroom.

6#
發表於 07-5-20 21:44 |只看該作者

Dear yeung2212
Yes. The parents need to have interview after your child, they will ask you if you know anything about their school, and why you want to enter their school, one very interesting point, they also ask if you have any skills that can contribute to the school?
It is better you look more in their web about their curriculum, it could leave a good impression ....

7#
發表於 07-5-21 16:29 |只看該作者

yeung2212

你今天是否已去了面試呢?可否告訴我面試的情形呢?Thanks。

8#
發表於 07-5-21 22:48 |只看該作者

kaka01

My son has attended the interview today.

When we just arrived, the staff of RC has given us a paper to ask us some questions, such as how would you expect you child when he is studying in RC and what can the parents contribute to RC.

After that, the teacher brought my son and other 7 children to  another place for the admission screening. As told by my son , the screening including reading comprehension, written  and oral tests. The screening test lasted for  1.2 hours. Then we can leave and the result will be posted to us after 2-3 weeks.

No interview for parents today.

My son said other chilldren usually from other international school and they can speak very fluent English. ]

I see there has screening every hour and nearly 8-9 children every group. There have 5-6 groups today. That mean many children  apply for limited seat.  I am wonder how many children they will be accepted.

9#
發表於 07-5-22 09:47 |只看該作者

yeung2212,
Maybe there are too much applicants this year so they do not have interviews with the parents at the same time. I heard that last year, some have second interview, but i did not have because i was very late last year, my daughter interviewed in early August and there are 5 children at that time, but they are interviewed one by one, not together, and after that the parents are interviewed with the headmaster. That time, the school was still under construction, but we were lucky that we could pass.
If your child apply for year 4-6, then i think the chance is better than year 1-3...Good luck! There are now 5-6 classes for each level, but they can expand more, cause I see there still have empty classrooms.

10#
發表於 07-5-22 12:39 |只看該作者

Dear belledog

Yes, there are many interviewee on the 21/05/07. Perhaps the teachers are so busy and tired, so that no need to interview the parents at this moment.

Unlucky, my son was arranged into a group that   all are girls. They are all  elder than him and some are one head taller than my son. He appeared very nervios as he is studying in boy school. He said all other applicants are very smart and speak fluent in English.

I am so eager my son can be accepted by RC. I and my husband are nearly crazy if my son is contiuely to study in local school.

醒目開學勳章

11#
發表於 07-5-22 12:50 |只看該作者

Hi , yeung2212
    Don't worry, good luck.     

12#
發表於 07-5-22 13:38 |只看該作者

Dear yeung2212,
Wish you good luck. I was lucky that i applied last year, because it was just a new school and many parents said will wait and see, i know i had make the right decision at the last moment. My daughter likes the school, not much pressure for her homework and tests, so she can learn other things that she is interested, she has time to learn french now, before this is just a dream. My daughter comes from an international school---Yew Chung, we had more than 10 classmates change to RC in year 5 last year, and my daughter was the last to make the decision, now this year, as far as i know , also has 5-6 students change to RC year 6 and had confirmed their places already.

13#
發表於 07-5-22 15:10 |只看該作者

My daughter also attended the screening yesterday and she is now in yew chung year 5. She was very happy that she saw some friends there.

Anybody know the criteria of acceptance? i.e. the english standard of kid, the contribution of parents to the school, etc.

14#
發表於 07-5-22 20:33 |只看該作者

symme,
Maybe my daughter and yours were classmate in year 4! My daughter also said she met a Yew Chung friend yesterday.
Hope they could be classmates again in year 6.

15#
發表於 07-5-23 09:40 |只看該作者

Hi Belledog,

I also hope that my daughter will be in RCHK year 6.

Would you know the no. of vancancies in the coming year 6? The lady in RC said they have not yet decided how many classes will be and it depends on the nos. of candidates admitted this year. Is that true? And I doubt that they can recruit enough qualified teachers in such a short time.

16#
發表於 07-5-23 11:30 |只看該作者

symmen,
as far as i know, each grade can have 6 classes, because each level have 12 classrooms and for 2 grades, but if they can accomodate other classrooms they can expand more classes, or any grade that less than 6 classes they can spare out the classroom for another grade. Now year 5 has 5 classes, so if no one leaves then the 5 classes will be promoted to year 6, then i think they can open one more class, about 25 students. I think they have planning already to recruit more teacher, and you can see the qualifications of each teacher in their website, so i will not worry about this.

17#
發表於 07-5-23 12:41 |只看該作者

belledog,

5 classes??
The lady said there are 4 classes in year 5 currently.

Now, there are 4 chinese lessons a week as told by RC and I think it is not enough. What is your comment including both quality and quantity?

18#
發表於 07-5-23 13:26 |只看該作者

symmen,
Yes, Sorry, There are 4 classes in year 5 now. I just checked the records. They have 4 Chinese lessons every week, and dictation every 2 weeks, of course, when you compare with Yew Chung, the standard is lower, why you want to change school then?
The English standard in RC is better, my daughter shows great improvement in her English, so you can consider the goods or bads, but most important is whether the school is suitable for your daughter.

19#
發表於 07-5-23 13:51 |只看該作者

belledog,

Reason for change of school,
1. the debenture for sec. sch.
2. RC's IB PYP, MYP
3. The campus
4. Lower school fee
5. Much positive comment heard from other parents
6. Teachers in/out at YC are quite frequent

For Chinese, if my daughter is admitted, I will find a Chinese tutorial for her. Has your daughter joined any Chinese tutorial?

20#
發表於 07-5-23 14:15 |只看該作者

No. I haven't find any Chinese tutor for her, because i think it is still OK for the Chinese and on the other hand, i let her learn French and Japanese because she had more spare time now, and she could do anything she like on Holidays, not like before in YC, we always have to stay at home on Sundays to finish all those homeworks and to revise the dictations very week. My daughter likes RC much better than Yew Chung, she likes the campus very much. She was excited to tell me that they have swimming lessons and drama lessons also. I think this is a right decision for me.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題