搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 Giving up DBSPD for LS
查看: 13544|回覆: 108
go

Giving up DBSPD for LS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-1-1 21:59 |只看該作者

Giving up DBSPD for LS

some of accepted in DBSPD is not smart and my friend tell me some of "MAKE HORSE",so I decided to give up DBSPD,and I choose LS.     

2#
發表於 07-1-1 22:10 |只看該作者

Re: Giving up DBSPD for LS

To compare with the school fee :
LS only $300 per month x 9 yrs
DPSPD needs $3800 per month x 9yrs

All parents will choose LS la....
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

3#
發表於 07-1-1 22:50 |只看該作者

Sababy,

You didn't put a question mark in the caption.  I can see it's a decision.  If your intention were to state your choice, I would congratulate you and wish you kid a bright future.  

It's just that even you have made up your mind, you have neither need nor right to bad-mouth the one you've abandoned.  And worse, those are just based on your personal opinion and grapevine.  

4#
發表於 07-1-2 00:19 |只看該作者

sababy:
DBSPD係一間各方面都完美的學校,而LS是無法可比的,你所說的(造馬)問題可能會有,但LS的大抽簽及世襲就更加可怕,如果你經濟無問題,則DBSPD一定是首選,無謂在大班的津校內捱。

5#
發表於 07-1-2 02:02 |只看該作者

My son is in DBSPD but I dont think the school is prefect.  They have excellent students and also students not with very good standard...but it happens in all schools.  One thing is the boys in DBSPD are mostly outspoken and active, so sometimes you will feel they are less discipline.

It's hard to compare with LS but it should be a good school too.

Last 2 years, I quitted LS and chose DBSPD.

6#
發表於 07-1-2 10:11 |只看該作者

係一間各方面都完美的學校 ?

完美 ?  perfect ?   

7#
發表於 07-1-2 10:18 |只看該作者

TingTing 寫道:
係一間各方面都完美的學校 ?

完美 ?  perfect ?   

我覺得校舍都幾完美   

8#
發表於 07-1-2 11:06 |只看該作者

dbspd有幾完美?...
大抽簽及世襲 = 間間都係, 唔係淨係LS...

leonchan 寫道:
sababy:
DBSPD係一間各方面都完美的學校,而LS是無法可比的,你所說的(造馬)問題可能會有,但LS的大抽簽及世襲就更加可怕,如果你經濟無問題,則DBSPD一定是首選,無謂在大班的津校內捱。

9#
發表於 07-1-2 11:22 |只看該作者

For the few minutes of interview, it is very hard to tell if a kid is smart.  Maybe the smart kid is having a bad day, and a not so smart kid is having a good day, then is the school accepting the wrong kid? But having an interview at DBSPD is still much better than the random lucky draw of LS.

Every kid develops at different stages, being a slow starter does not mean that the kid will not perform as he grow older. Perhaps the interviewers can see something in the kids that you cannot.

By "make horse" if you mean that people pull strings in order to get acceptance, I'm sure all popular schools will have such cases, even at LS.  And if you choose schools based on rumours, then I wish you good luck.

10#
發表於 07-1-2 11:58 |只看該作者

If you concern the smartness of P.1 intake, I can't believe LS will be superior than DBSPD.
some of accepted in DBSPD is not smart

Completely agree with ttpp
ttpp 寫道:
By "make horse" if you mean that people pull strings in order to get acceptance, I'm sure all popular schools will have such cases, even at LS.  And if you choose schools based on rumours, then I wish you good luck.

:-D

11#
發表於 07-1-2 13:24 |只看該作者

Bravo

12#
發表於 07-1-2 13:32 |只看該作者

I fully agree with you.  I have the same feeling.  
I have no doubt that LS is a very good school, but DBSPD is suitable to my son. It gives him a place to develop instead of being fed as in a private primary school that he studied before.

bravo 寫道:
No matter how much effort we have put to raise our kids, who could claim they are "erfect Parents".

We never regret to let our son study in DBSPD.  Instead we are thankful for this opportunity from time to time.  To my son, there is no better place for him to get the education.

If you are parents that looking for "All Round Education" for your son, DBSPD is the place.

What my son can earn is more than $3,800/per month we paid now.  And it is certainly cannot compare with what your son can get if you spend that $3,800 in other extra-curricular activities.

13#
發表於 07-1-2 18:04 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

14#
發表於 07-1-2 18:51 |只看該作者

Bravo

15#
發表於 07-1-2 19:15 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

16#
發表於 07-1-3 09:17 |只看該作者

I am just a passing-by. I would certainly vote for DBSPD. Reasons: I came across LS grown ups in my workplace. They are people who 'talk' than 'work'. My colleague (professional)'s son is studying in DBSPD and his sharing is very very positive. His son is a relatively shy boy but after getting in DBSPD, his son has gradual change and is getting more active in participating school activities.

Just my personal experience and do not mean to offence any person.

17#
發表於 07-1-3 13:15 |只看該作者

如果小朋友有能力而又lucky入到dbspd, 自然要讀啦~~
dbspd 小一下學期已經要教past tense (都唔明點解咁早, 人地宣小到小三才教), 你估小朋友真係跟得上咩 ??? 又吾係個個出去搵private tutors or 補習社, 攪到出名補開dbspd既老師已經應接不暇~~~無他, 鬼叫補完又攞到高分, 你係新小拔家長,你會唔會又補呢 ?  如果學校真係教到小朋友攞高分就叨啫? 而家d功勞又唔係落係補習社.

不過讀得dbspd, 家長都預左peer competition係好劇烈.,但係小一英文grammar去到咁深~~唔怪得今年收左咁多根德學生啦   

18#
發表於 07-1-3 17:23 |只看該作者

鳳梨,

My son's kinder is not a famous one and their English standard is fairly low when comparing with kinders in Kowloon Tong.  As such, I am quite worried on the transtitional stage during P.1 period.  However, I do not want to send him to those called "DBSPD preparatory courses" as I am afraid that he might be reliant on outside tutors.  How can I (working mum) enhance my son's English standard to cope with the standard of general P.1 students in DPSPD?

Any kind advice, please?

19#
發表於 07-1-3 17:54 |只看該作者

No pain, no gain.  If you want to get higher marks, learn more things and have more knowledge, of course you need to spend more time in studying.  

Don't think that there is less peer competition in those school which teach past tense in P3.  Even 1 mark lower in the school report makes the the child's position far lag behind.   

20#
發表於 07-1-4 09:07 |只看該作者

I agreed with you that we should not place reliance on outside tutor. I suggest u to do more reading with your kid (read a lot of English story books to him) or let him watch some English cartoon (but control the time, of course).
‹ 上一主題|下一主題