有冇家長俾小朋友留級入名校? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-6-30 23:03 |只看該作者

有冇家長俾小朋友留級入名校?

如題,可否分亨你的睇法,謝謝。

2#
發表於 05-6-30 23:08 |只看該作者

Re: 有冇家長俾小朋友留級入名校?

Which school - La Salle, DBSPD or DGS???   

3#
發表於 05-7-1 00:21 |只看該作者

The point is these famous school will not accept any repeaters if their results are not good enough.(But if the results are good, these students will not want to choose to repeat. Am I right?)

4#
發表於 05-7-1 01:01 |只看該作者

Really don't understand why some parents insist to let their children to repeat for what ever purposes like younger kids born in end of the year or 入名校.  Don't you ever consider your son/daughter feelings as children do know they are repeated.  Besides, there is no solid proof of repeaters will have better chance for those famous school.  

5#
發表於 05-7-1 01:13 |只看該作者

Totally agree with hot1234.
而且要特登留級為咗製造一張top嘅成績表,根本就唔值得,不論是否名校唔名校,實入都係咁話。

6#
發表於 05-7-1 10:47 |只看該作者

Kathy-lau,

If it is DGJS, I will let the girl try. For DBSPD or La Salle, I will not let the boy report the same form again for the sake of through train or otherwise.  
Cos.

DGS is the most elite numbe one school in Hong Kong.  My relative's girl is a Oxford Bachelor and Phd from DGS (she skips Master in Oxford). She has always been self-confident and brilliant since her childhood. She always praises DGS though she is no longer in HK now.

7#
發表於 05-7-1 13:27 |只看該作者

LilyMaMa 寫道:
Totally agree with hot1234.
而且要特登留級為咗製造一張top嘅成績表,根本就唔值得,不論是否名校唔名校,實入都係咁話。

同意~入到名校一定好???????

8#
發表於 05-7-1 14:01 |只看該作者

是否讀三年級再考三年級,不是原校留級?

9#
發表於 05-7-1 15:12 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

10#
發表於 05-7-1 23:48 |只看該作者

DBSPS has accepted several repeaters this year and last year.

11#
發表於 05-7-1 23:50 |只看該作者

i found this comment quite funny: "If it is DGJS, I will let the girl try. For DBSPD or La Salle, I will not let the boy report the same form again for the sake of through train or otherwise."

My opinion:
1. i don't think DGJS standard is WAY WAY ABOVE other elite schools that it's worth asking your child to repeat 1 year just to try this school.
2. There are girls whom got accepted by DGJS P.1 but then gave up their seats at DGJS and decided to take up other seats in other elite schools(government aided/private)- and not because of financial reason.
3. I don't think elite schools like DGJS and others like to accept student whom is a repeater????
4. Additional point: Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard, Princeton etc.... so many HK students from other elite schools studying there la.... not just DGS la.... some even got scholarship. I can easily name over 10 friends studying there, most of them from DBS, Maryknoll, La Salle, Sacred Heart, St Paul's co-ed...oh & DGS of course.

CSL123 寫道:
Kathy-lau,

If it is DGJS, I will let the girl try. For DBSPD or La Salle, I will not let the boy report the same form again for the sake of through train or otherwise.  
Cos.

DGS is the most elite numbe one school in Hong Kong.  My relative's girl is a Oxford Bachelor and Phd from DGS (she skips Master in Oxford). She has always been self-confident and brilliant since her childhood. She always praises DGS though she is no longer in HK now.

12#
發表於 05-7-1 23:51 |只看該作者

"a Oxford Bachelor and Phd from DGS"

CSL123 寫道:
Kathy-lau,

Cos.

13#
發表於 05-7-2 00:21 |只看該作者

hellohoo,

Oxford- my dream U for my kids forever. So it is not so funny I have great admiration for my relative's girl who is the unique one I know admitted by Oxford University. But can you tell me why someone is willing to give up DGJS not for financial reasons?

youma,

Does DPSPS really accept repeaters?
How do those repeaters in DPSPS perform?
Can you tell me how their parents' feeling to let them repeat one form?

14#
發表於 05-7-2 00:31 |只看該作者

CSL,

I do not know the parents of the repeaters directly and hence I do not understand their exact rationale. I think they want their sons entering into DBSPS because the children can be guaranteed to DBS. I hear that some of the children are "small" boys.

I guess DBSPS does not give extra marks to repeaters but repeaters should get better result in the entrance test and thus better chance.

I do not know how to comment on this decision as I do not know the child and the parent. But to myself, I think the cost is higher than the benefit, in particular the psychological impact to the repeating child.
:-|

15#
發表於 05-7-2 00:42 |只看該作者

I totally agree with you.  Believe your kids that they can study well even not in a famous school.

youma 寫道:
CSL,

I do not know the parents of the repeaters directly and hence I do not understand their exact rationale. I think they want their sons entering into DBSPS because the children can be guaranteed to DBS. I hear that some of the children are "small" boys.

I guess DBSPS does not give extra marks to repeaters but repeaters should get better result in the entrance test and thus better chance.

I do not know how to comment on this decision as I do not know the child and the parent. But to myself, I think the cost is higher than the benefit, in particular the psychological impact to the repeating child.
:-|

16#
發表於 05-7-2 01:10 |只看該作者

Just one more minor point: all graduates from Oxford and Cambridge are granted MA automatically. This is one of the peculiar traditions of these two universities.
[168924_10150131508915141_661800140_8106193_6104073_n]

17#
發表於 05-7-2 10:35 |只看該作者

It is not recommended to do so. Because there are many factors/policies for a school to decide of what kind of kids to be selected. A kid once rejected by a school, it doesn't mean that he/she was not smart or naive at the time of being interviewed. Do you agree?

18#
發表於 05-7-2 15:26 |只看該作者

CSL123,
Oxford is of course a dream school for most of us! I totally agree with you! I didn't say it's funny. Read my comment, I only said it's quite funny to have one's child repeat 1 year hopefully to gain better result of which the purpose is to enter DGJS. I think most of the parents won't do it, but of course there are minority.
I know a few girls who choose to enter other elite schools eg Maryknoll, St Paul's co-ed but i do not know all of their reasons. I doubt if finance is a problem because they are girls from professional families, parents are doctors, professors, one main reason that these parents choose other elite schools for their girl is that these schools are as good as DGJS, but they are concerned about the typical character of DGS girls--  snobbish and self centred they said. Of course they wish their girl to excel in academics but  a friendly down-earth character is also important, that's why they prefer other schools. Another reason is probably location.
There might be other reasons too but that's all i know and i cannot comment.

On the other hand, I know some girls (academic above average but not the top few) who just want to 'test their ability' and apply DGS F.1/F.4. They got a place after interview, but of course didnt' take it since they like to stick to their own school! (this is just 題外話). what i want to say is that everybody has their own preference and some is heading this direction whereas others are doing vice versa. There's no right or wrong!    

19#
發表於 05-7-2 21:42 |只看該作者

I don't have girls so I can say so. Of course, I will not let my boys repeating one year for the sake of entering famous schools. Sometimes being funny is good to health and everyone does have her dream-be it DGS or non-famous ordinary primary school.     

20#
發表於 05-7-2 23:45 |只看該作者

如果我阿媽無無聊聊為幫我入名校而要我repeat,我會覺得好浪費我時間!所以我一定唔會要my kids repeat just for the sake of entering famous schools.
己所不欲,勿施於人.  家長們,你們自己是否願意為入名校而repeat讀多一年書?  就算你真係肯,都最好尊重埋小朋友意願. 另外與其K3讀多一年書,倒不如讀完bachelor讀多一年
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖