救恩活動教學v/s 傳統高主教 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-10-22 19:15 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
救恩活動教學v/s 傳統高主教.
幼稚園老師話小兒兩種教學都可以.
   3    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-10-22 22:28 |只看該作者
In my opinion, there is no child who doesn't like 活動教學, which constantly ask children to think, to do, to act, to ask and to learn.

傳統 教學 is still very much 'I teach, you learn, ask later'. No need to elaborate more, there are numerous discussions talk about how low level the creativity, analytical power and thinking abilities of the HK children.

活動教學 doesn't mean not emphasis on result, doesn't mean the school take less serious about the students' academic achievement, doesn't mean the children could be more relaxed in their studies. To me, it means the learning style is more lively, more children involvement, 'Children take the lead to learn themselves, rather than being taught' in 活動教學.

You know my point of view already.

原帖由 im_csb 於 11-10-22 19:15 發表
救恩活動教學v/s 傳統高主教.
幼稚園老師話小兒兩種教學都可以.

3#
發表於 11-10-24 09:19 |只看該作者
Thanks. I do understand the theory. Actually, I prefer 活動教學.
Daddy and I studied under the traditonal teaching. although, we are not very success, we still get a good job opportunities but not our interests. We do hope 活動教學 can lead good result and find his own interests.

4#
發表於 11-10-24 13:10 |只看該作者
CandyThemom is quite right.  Both way are good but it all depends how this could suitable to your kids.  Take for example, if one like to strike for performance and like result, he might be more suitable to traditional.  He get the benefit to be instructed and is doing excellent within that scope.  Nothing wrong with this, I mean professional that need high qualification like accountants will need ton have this skill.  

On the country, 活動教學 is they give room to students to stretch a bit further.  But for students that like instruction will not benefit from this.  

I used to say some working collegues are very good at following instruction and give you perfect result while some will need to give the the big picture and what you would like to achieve then they will go ahead with the solution. Different job role requires different skill.  

My only headache for this is one with secondary and one none. This is something that I do not know how to choose

5#
發表於 11-10-24 16:07 |只看該作者
I agree that no student or even parent won't like活動教學, as it make our kids more creative and confidence!  More time to read and think!
But the fact  is that they still have to take local examination in their secondary school time, which is the same one as the traditional schools. (If stay in Hong Kong)
That's why some 活動教學 schools tends to have a problem with student in upper primary , by the time they think the student can't achieve good result, they then afraid of them 'low graded' the school, and this create pressure for both student and parent. (I  am not talking about 救恩)
活動教學  is appropriate for international school student, as they are taking a totally different stream, their exam is emphasize on thinking, creativity and writing.
So i feel that 活動教學 schools parents need to involve more, to make sure their children like reading, not too 'hea' and keep up to standard in upper primary period.....
Local stream exams stressed on memorization(in many subjects), which means if you are more clever and 靈活, you just can have a better way, a more efficient way to understand and still - MEMORIZE and need EXAMINATION TECHNIQUE......
So my thinking is, if i can find a traditional school which have a relatively strong academic backup, but with experienced and caring teachers, who can give student confidence and happy school life, relatively less pressure compare with some top traditional school, i will pick it.......
Actually i have the same question with 樓主, choosing between 救恩,高主教 and some other私校 .
(This is just my personal view after reading so many information from BK and other parents, any other view is very welcome, i want to hear more!)

[ 本帖最後由 coolchoir 於 11-10-24 08:16 編輯 ]

6#
發表於 11-10-24 23:27 |只看該作者
我很喜歡救恩的方向, 雖然佢唔係最top, 我認為教育係要全人發展, 不能偏重某一邊, 但兩間學校似乎都可以做到. 只你方法不同, 但邊一樣先suit 個仔, 我又唔敢太搏.
救恩著重人多一點, 高主教注重規矩多一點...

7#
發表於 11-10-25 00:08 |只看該作者
This is an endless question.  If this really happens, 我會約你地一起出來傾

8#
發表於 11-10-25 10:10 |只看該作者
Hope that we all can have the chance to decide later!

[ 本帖最後由 coolchoir 於 11-10-25 02:11 編輯 ]

9#
發表於 11-10-25 21:20 |只看該作者
Good idea. Count one me.

原帖由 GIPW 於 11-10-25 00:08 發表
This is an endless question.  If this really happens, 我會約你地一起出來傾

10#
發表於 11-10-25 22:27 |只看該作者
Good Good.  At least we can have one common thing to talk..  

11#
發表於 11-10-25 22:57 |只看該作者
活動教學個個小朋友都適合, 不過傳統教學就唔係個個小朋友都適合. 看小朋友性格來選學校吧. 我小朋友現讀救恩小一, 佢性格好好動, 就算活動教學都要個個星期去秩序班學好秩序. 不過活動教學就真係好適合佢, 佢話上堂堂堂都是玩, 無野學, 不過我見到佢學野都學得好快, 不知不覺就入晒腦. 如果佢讀傳統學校, 肯是老師唔會鐘意佢, 佢都唔會鍾意返學.

12#
發表於 11-10-25 23:38 |只看該作者
Hi preciousstone

Good that we have a current 救恩 parent here, maybe there is lots more we need to know about the school.  

BTW, are you from kinder to primary or you are an outsider then to primary?

13#
發表於 11-10-26 03:23 |只看該作者
好喎, 到時出來傾下...
要等11月中, 出埋高主教的結果
無論如何都先去救恩交錢先

14#
發表於 11-10-26 10:31 |只看該作者
Yap.  I have already gone for the registration

15#
發表於 11-10-26 10:38 |只看該作者
agree!我都交咗留位啦

16#
發表於 11-10-26 11:11 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

17#
發表於 11-10-26 12:09 |只看該作者
Yes, I talked to the Principal, 救恩有呈分 and they said they also attended TSA. However, Kau Yan will not train/push students to attain high marks in TSA, just treat it as a normal test required by EDB.

活動教學 is only a way to teach, it has no direct relationship with 不求分數. 活動教學 requires teacher to involve children more, think about how children learn and tailor their teaching method accordingly. Since the teaching method is lively and children like it, the children absorb more and learn better (in my opinion).
Does it mean the children could spell less English words/recognize less Chinese words than than taught traditionally? Does it mean their composition would be worse than those traditionally taught? Does it mean they tackle the maths questions slower than those traditionally taught? Does it mean they don't do well in written exam as they do not take many written test/exam frequently than those traditionally taught?
I really don't think so. I believe for the same child, s/he will benefit more from 活動教學 than with traditional teaching.
If a parent keep on with the children's learning, foster  their love on learning and ensure the children revise their studies after school etc., there is no way that the child wouldn't flourish in his/her exam.

原帖由 wootaitai 於 11-10-26 11:11 發表
救恩有沒有呈分?

我唔懷疑救恩是好學校

但我覺得要充分從活動教學得益,求學不是求分數,首要沒有升中壓力,否則開心幾年又要隨大勢去谷分數有些矛盾。 ...

18#
發表於 11-10-26 14:18 |只看該作者
I agree, I think fostering the children's zeal for learning is very important in primary school.  Besides, I believe in doing the right thing at the right time, happy learning experience at the early childhood will help them to cope with hardship in later stage.

I want to add one more point, to my understanding TSA has nothing to do with banding.

As for comparison of the two schools, below are my impression based on my own experience:

1. from the campus / classroom setting, I feel that Kau Yan is very children centered.  Smaller chair in classroom; displays everywhere to show children's work; while in Ramondi, can hardly see any children's work, classroom setting is also very traditional, like second school.

2. in terms of school-parent communication, I see Kau Yan is very approachable, while for Ramondi, I still don't have a chance to really understand the school.  Before attending the 2nd interview which involves parents, I thought there will be chance to ask them question, but at the end no.

By the way, can anyone share how we can get more information about Ramondi?  There is no briefing section. And from their website, there is very little information.  I have so many questions with Ramondi:

1. My impression is that they emphasize on gifted children program, how about those who are not gifted or are not learning as fast as others?  Any improvement/remedial programs for them?

2. I heard that in P1, they teach Eng one semester faster, can everyone children cope with it? Or it relies on parents to help their children to catch up?

3. Any requirement on learning musical instrument and sports?

4. Besides academic, how do they help the children to grow as a whole e.g. confidence, emotional, conduct, etc?

原帖由 CandyTheMom 於 11-10-26 12:09 發表
Yes, I talked to the Principal, 救恩有呈分 and they said they also attended TSA. However, Kau Yan will not train/push students to attain high marks in TSA, just treat it as a normal test required by E ...

19#
發表於 11-10-26 15:07 |只看該作者
想請問幾位,現在香港有那些是活動教學的小學?當中有否是官津校?會是那些?謝謝寶貴意見。

20#
發表於 11-10-27 04:28 |只看該作者
我也有相同難題,救恩收了女兒,我也十分喜歡這學校,只是爸爸喜歡女校,自行分配選了跑馬地的聖保祿天主教小學,而且它又有中學,如果真係第一輪派到的話,真係唔知揀邊間好女兒較被動,內向,內儉,需要多鼓勵,都幾肯聽話,但對自己的弱項較沒信心,請教如果你地係我會點揀?請指教!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題