發表於 04-11-23 18:22 |只看該作者

九龍塘小學好不好?

九龍塘小學好不好? 校風? 教學方法?

2#
發表於 04-11-24 09:26 |只看該作者

Re: 九龍塘小學好不好?

Are you referring to KTS?

If so, I can definitely tell you that it's a very good primary school because:
- The teachers are nice and patience.  They have been doing a lot of extra work to help p.1 students adapt the new environment;
- Spacious and greenery campus;
- Different sorts of extra-curricular activities are available for choices;
- Good communication between teachers and parents;
- Good academic performance in secondary school allocation result
- Emphasis on moral & courtesy training;
- Single storey building, no need to climb upstairs when holding a heavy school bag (of course, it is a joke).
But you have to be prepared for the pace of the  teaching programme, which is quite fast.

3#
發表於 04-11-24 13:57 |只看該作者

How about the home work load?
[center]Our little Hannah is [/center]

4#
發表於 04-11-24 14:20 |只看該作者

Usually the homework can be finished within 90 mins.  There won't be much homework to do before the test week and the day before dictation.  In fact, the teachers expect the kids to do more supplementary exercise or reading, so as to improve their language proficiency.

5#
發表於 04-11-24 14:35 |只看該作者

Good to hear that this school has so many good comments.  This is one of the target schools that I want my son to study at but he told me that he could not answer quite a number of interview questions.  I even heard that there is no waiting list for the School, right?

How about the class size?  Is English taught by native speakers (I saw 3 Native English teachers stand at the school entrance on the interview day.)

6#
發表於 04-11-24 23:04 |只看該作者

I saw the train(s) go through the KTS from the right and left size of the campus, do any one know will it be very noisy ?

7#
發表於 04-11-25 09:20 |只看該作者

Based on my observation, I believe that KTS should have waiting list.  Don't worry.  My kid could not answer all questions last year and could still be accepted in the first round.  I guess the school would consider the kid's school reports, character etc., in addition to the interview.

Currently, there're 4 p.1 classes, each should have about 38 / 39 students.  KTS have expatriates to teach oral English, in addition to an English teacher.  The expatriates are very nice.   They would talk to the kids even before classes, so that they can have more chances to practise.

Good luck to those who have applied for KTS.

8#
發表於 04-11-25 09:23 |只看該作者

If you are standing on the playground, you can hear the noise generated from the through trains.  But for the local trains, they seldom create noise.  Besides, you can't hear the noise when you're in the classrooms.  Don't worry, the classrooms are equipped with double-glazed windows and air-conditioners.  If the noise is unusually high, the students still have a quiet environment

9#
發表於 04-12-17 15:07 |只看該作者

My daughter was accepted by KTS and Logos. I'm now facing a tough decision. My daughter is an active girl who attends Ling Liang kindergarten (an active, student-centered, no pressure school). She doesn't have much homework to do now. As far as I know, both English and Math classes taught at KTS is one level higher. I'm worry if she can catch up with her studies. Besides, she is almost the youngest in the whole class. If I put her at KTS, she may not be able to compete with the rest of her classmates. Is KTS very traditional?

10#
發表於 04-12-19 08:51 |只看該作者

Don't worry.  The teachers in KTS are nice and patient.  My daughter was less than 6 in 9/04.  She's active too.  That's why I think she is most suitable here, than in other schools.

If you'd decide to join KTS, you can try the summer course.  It's a great chance to let your kid adapt to the new environment.

11#
發表於 04-12-20 10:20 |只看該作者

中學派位情況又如何 ??
請給與意見

12#
發表於 04-12-20 15:17 |只看該作者

他們的網頁有非常詳盡的資料:
www.ktsps.edu.hk

13#
發表於 04-12-20 22:56 |只看該作者

女仔派位好像弱了一點, 各位可否給一點意見, 因小女也于 "真光" 小學也留了位.

ktps 或 "真光" 好 ???

14#
發表於 04-12-21 18:28 |只看該作者

Last year, I gave up Kln. True Light after comparing the secondary school allocation result with KTS's.  My girl loves KTS so much, so I also gave up the offers of APS, Kln. Rhenish and Tak Nga.  

FYI, Kln. True Light links with the one at KCR Station, which is a Chinese middle school.

15#
發表於 04-12-21 20:54 |只看該作者

Thank you for your info.  Then I know my selction now.  Will you need to spend a lot of time to review the consignment with your girl after school.  Kindly advise more info. as I only got one child.  Thank you again

16#
發表於 04-12-22 10:10 |只看該作者

Hi ckw921
It seems that the number of students per class is very high.  How many teacher for each class?  Also, any bus and mini-bus go to KTS from Kowloon Tong MRT Station?

17#
發表於 04-12-22 20:42 |只看該作者

Indeed, my kid can finish the homework within 2 hours, provided she can concentrate on the study.  So, it's really important to train p.1 kids to concentrate.  

It'd be much better if you can have revision every week.  For Chinese and English, the teachers expect the kids to do more supplementary exercises and reading.  

Another point you may wish to note is, the school time-table has a "private study" lesson - the kids can finish some of the homework at school.  

Wanna to know more, just voice out.

18#
發表於 04-12-22 20:47 |只看該作者

Sorry I don't understand what do you mean by "how many teacher for each class?"  If you refer to the no. of class-teacher, the answer is one.  You can visit the homepage of KTS and you can have an idea of the no. of teachers.

As far as I am aware, there should be no direct bus / mini-bus service serving between Kln. Tong KCR Station and KTS.  Perhaps, parents of KTS can advise if otherwise.  Sorry for that cos. I used to drive.  Besides, you can try to find out which bus routes serve along Boundary Street and Tat Chee Avenue (from Festival Walk).  You can get off at Esso Station or Maryknoll.  Since Cumberland Road is not a trunk road, the chance of having public bus service is slim.  Most of the parents get a taxi from the station.

19#
發表於 04-12-22 20:49 |只看該作者

I forgot another point.  Just check with the school about the coverage of the school bus service, which may solve your problem.  My kid takes the bus service after school, though I am the driver in the morning.

20#
發表於 04-12-23 10:05 |只看該作者

Dear CKW921,

Thanks so much for your useful comments.

What do you think about KTS and 宣道 ??

Need your opinion.   A thousand thanks

‹ 上一主題|下一主題