搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 兩難局面
查看: 6267|回覆: 30
go

兩難局面 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-3-5 15:02 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
兩難局面
小兒就讀於ESF幼稚園K1課程, 但由9月開學至今, 他無論在學校或家裹也以講廣東話為主, 091月要考ESF 小學了, 真的十分擔心, 若然失敗, 真的不知點算好, 先生說要Fluent English 才行, 若轉讀傳統幼稚園K3課程, 又怕他跟不上, 因已落後了2年的寫作, ESF K2也不用寫字。

當初我決定俾佢讀ESF, 也受到家人的强烈反對, 我一心想佢可以在無壓力、輕鬆愉快的英語學習環境下學習, 誰知現在真的不知如何是好!

日間佢大多由嫲嫲湊, 我倆因工作關係, 與他見面時間不多, 而且我倆的英文程度也不是太好, 好難同佢全程用英語對話, 昨日佢用廣東話時, 我故意不理采他, 並嘗試以英語與他對話, 豈料, 他竟話媽媽, 唔好講英文吖我話你唔講英文呢間學校唔要你呀, 你要去第2間學校讀呀, 點知他竟話好吖, 去第2間學校讀吖我話你唔鍾意英文呀, 他答係

我是否應該立即轉校, 以使他盡快追上傳統幼稚園緊密的進度呢?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-3-5 17:09 |只看該作者
原文章由 dd04 於 08-3-5 15:02 發表
兩難局面
小兒就讀於ESF幼稚園K1課程, 但由9月開學至今, 他無論在學校或家裹也以講廣東話為主, 但09年1月要考ESF 小學了, 真的十分擔心, 若然失敗, 真的不知點算好, 先生說要Fluent English 才行, 若轉讀傳統幼稚園K ...

想問下其實你有冇了解過你小朋友係學校到底明白老師幾多, 或者你問下老師你小朋友適唔適合讀IS, 我諗佢地會比到意見你, 因為只有老師先知你小朋友係學校講咩做咩

3#
發表於 08-3-5 18:24 |只看該作者
"我是否應該立即轉校, 以使他盡快追上傳統幼稚園緊密的進度呢?"

係,
勉強冇幸福

so sad to hear this

4#
發表於 08-3-6 00:18 |只看該作者
Hello dd04

睇完你篇問題,我覺得有啲似我兩年前嘅case,我而家同你分享吓我嘅case睇吓對你有冇幫助,兩年前我又係幫個女揀佐ESF,當時佢又係一D英文都唔識,係屋企淨係同佢講廣東話(因為我嘅工人係印印),係佢啱啱入学嘅時候佢一D英文都唔識,我當時都好擔心,不過我唸啲人成日話小朋友学習語言嘅能力好高,所以我唸比啲時間個女,睇吓會唔會有意外驚喜比自己,原來我當時嘅决定係啱嘅,跟住我自己都盡量係屋企同佢講英文(我嘅英文都係麻麻哋),等個女都習慣同鍾意英文,見佢每日返學都好開心同每日都有進步,今年佢考小學居然都pass埋(我係舊年年中開始揾佐个外籍老師同佢上英文堂)所以你都可以試吓,睇完我嘅回應希望幫到你啦,唔好咁易放棄呀!

5#
發表於 08-3-6 09:13 |只看該作者
可聯絡學校,請他們給小朋交額外支援,ESF是有這配套的。

兩難局面
小兒就讀於ESF幼稚園K1課程, 但由9月開學至今, 他無論在學校或家裹也以講廣東話為主, 但09年1月要考ESF 小學了, 真的十分擔心, 若然失敗, 真的不知點算好, 先生說要Fluent English 才行, 若轉讀傳統幼稚園K ...

6#
發表於 08-3-6 10:23 |只看該作者
dd04,

Sorry to hear that your decision didn't work out for your child.

Of course, all parents would want the best for their children. In term of sshool, the best school the parents can find.

However, we as a parent should also bear in mind that not all kids are suitable for a certain school. I mean "A" school may be good for a 1 kid but may not be good for another.And vice versa. Unfortunately, a lot of parents would only look at the reputation of the school rather than if the school really suits their kids.

兩難局面

7#
發表於 08-3-6 10:26 |只看該作者

Re: reply for 兩難局面

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

醒目開學勳章

8#
發表於 08-3-6 11:13 |只看該作者
詢問學校, 小朋友是否適合讀國際學校, 呢點固然重要, 因為老師比較了解該小朋友嘅學習情況/學習態度.

詢問小朋友嘅諗法同樣重要, 因為佢先至係當事人, 嘗試了解一下佢唔鍾意英文嘅原因, 基本上呢個不是轉校原因, 因為讀傳統學校都要學英文.  多d詢問有關佢是否鍾意呢間學校/老師/同學, 尤其是與同學嘅相處是否OK.

是否適合讀IS?  呢點真係見仁見智.  個人認為應以小朋友性格為首要考慮原因, 讀書最緊要係可以'愉快地學習'吖嘛 .  至於父母嘅期望...., 呢點我放喺好後下, 因為我對囡囡嘅期望, 同佢讀邊種類型學校關係不大.

9#
發表於 08-3-6 11:31 |只看該作者
Hi RAA,

Quote from what you mentioned, "個人認為應以小朋友性格為首要考慮原因" Can you advise what kind of personality will suitable for IS? I have such a concern too.

Thanks,
Chewy :)

10#
發表於 08-3-6 11:42 |只看該作者
Don't worry!
What you need to do:
1/ Believe your kid
2/ Let him go to interview for ESF primary. From the track record, over 95% of student will get a place in ESF primary
3/ If he fail finally, go to Yew Chung. Easy no difficulty!
4/ Go to lucky draw! Apply private school or DSS.
5/ Don't change to local K3 at this moment. He CANNOT catch up !

醒目開學勳章

11#
發表於 08-3-6 13:21 |只看該作者
原文章由 Chewy 於 08-3-6 11:31 發表
Hi RAA,

Quote from what you mentioned, "個人認為應以小朋友性格為首要考慮原因" Can you advise what kind of personality will suitable for IS? I have such a concern too.

Thanks,
Chewy :) ...

Hi Chewy,

呢d純粹我個人見解架咋 , 係一個非常主觀嘅諗法.

小朋友性格比較活潑, 好動, 爽朗, 主動及獨立(呢兩點好重要)的比較適合.

12#
發表於 08-3-6 13:53 |只看該作者
I experienced that before.
We put our boy into English medium Kindergarten, but he did not speak English much? Only speak simple English! And people don’t understand what he said!

One year later, we suddenly speak a lot english??

May be learning a language is like making an investment, in the initial period you have to deposit constantly and yet no return. When the capital building up. THEN you will see the return.

Of course, I can not guarantee your child is suitable or not! Cause, there is a lot of factor can inference the result.

但如果你決定小學會讀國際, 當然讀真正的國際幼稚園好! Especially if you target ESF!

Think actively, how to provide a fully English environment is very important! (Movie, TV, Playgroup, read book to him,…) make sure this environments is relax and happy.

MarcusD

原文章由 liyinfai 於 08-3-6 11:42 發表
Don't worry!
What you need to do:
1/ Believe your kid
2/ Let him go to interview for ESF primary. From the track record, over 95% of student will get a place in ESF primary
3/ If he fail finally, go t ...

13#
發表於 08-3-6 14:35 |只看該作者

回覆 #8 RAA 的文章

Agreed with what RAA said -

1) 詢問學校 - the teachers should be able to let you know, after more 6 months, if you kid can learn in English.   Remember the fact that both ESF kinders and ESF schools are taught in English, but not teaching English.  If you kid is not up to the standard in terms of langauge, his overall learning progress will be severly affected.  

2) 詢問小朋友嘅諗法 - 嘗試了解一下佢唔鍾意英文嘅原因,  多d詢問有關佢是否鍾意呢間學校/老師/同學, 尤其是與同學嘅相處是否OK.

Sometimes the kids might try to say something to annoy the parents - especially when he / she is being forced to do something (in your case, speaking in English).

3) Last but not least, I don't think ESF kinder is the only school that can provide "無壓力、輕鬆愉快的英語學習環境" .  However if you consider to change school, the sooner the better. It does not sound a good idea to move your kid to a local or another IS kinder after spending two years with ESF.

Best wishes to you.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

14#
發表於 08-3-6 15:22 |只看該作者
What do you think about this kinder?  Does he learn anything from school?  I think from now on you should tell your son that the whole family is starting to speak English at home.  Encourage him to speak more.  Practising is very important.

My son will also start in ESF this Aug for K1.  I had a bit worry whether this kinder is what I want.  Today I went to hand in the contract and I saw it is only 1 teacher with quite a big class when they are teaching Maths.  It is quite different with onther school which has 2 teachers and they learn in smaller group.  I saw quite a lot of children they seems not really listen to what the teacher said.  Of  course under their theory, the teacher will not force them.

15#
發表於 08-3-6 16:32 |只看該作者
Thanks for all the mom's comment.

nonohi,

"揾佐个外籍老師同佢上英文堂"

你是否請1個上門的外籍老師呢?
ESF舉辦的英文課程有用嗎?

謝謝!

16#
發表於 08-3-6 17:41 |只看該作者
吳好意思,打叉小小。。。如果你的子女入到ESF,重一路讀上去,讀到英文洛洛聲,讀到native level,但不喜歡中文,吳肯同你講中文。 而你的英文又不是母語水平,你將來可以用什麽話同仔女講心事呢?講心事吳同講行街買野等閒話,吳用第一語言講吳到肉架。 為左英文而令父母子女間在溝通上有隔膜值得嗎?  黃子華都話啦,英文好吳等於什麽都識架。 小朋友學野快,只要找個鬼婆,一個星期1112個鍾,由小讀到中五英文都無洛洛聲至奇啦。 我地上一輩邊有鬼婆private tutor教英文呀,連學校的英文老師都是半捅水,英文當然水啦。
如果你問我,我點都話血濃於英文架。
Anyway
以上一切皆無惡意,純粹8掛,吳中意聽,請不要理會。

兩難局面

17#
發表於 08-3-6 18:36 |只看該作者
原文章由 leetai828 於 08-3-6 17:41 發表
吳好意思,打叉小小。。。如果你的子女入到ESF,重一路讀上去,讀到英文洛洛聲,讀到native level,但不喜歡中文,吳肯同你講中文。 而你的英文又不是母語水平,你將來可以用什麽話同仔女講心事呢?講心事吳同講行街買野等閒話,吳用第 ...

我住外國多年,認識唔少在外國土生土長的華人,
他們的父母都係唔識英文的老一輩華人,他們自小在學校用英語,但回家都可以用台山話客家話等和父母溝通。
我這些朋友,同父母關係,並不比我和我父母差。
我覺得家庭關係,主要都係互相尊重,互相扶持。
睇得香港中文報紙多,我唔覺得香港現在的年輕人,同父母關係好好,三兩日又一單家庭糾紛,好心寒。

我唔知其他人比孩子讀國際學校的原因係乜,但係我唔認為學英語係主要原因;單單要英文好,唔需要放棄本地主流教育。我相信好多家長選擇國際學校,都係因為認同國際學校整體的教育模式。
至於中國語文和中國文化,我唔覺得讀國際學校,就一定會差;相反,好多本地名校以 "英文好" 為賣點,部份名校的網頁,甚至沒有中文版本;英文授課的學校,亦比中文授課的學校受歡迎。我看見的本地主流學校,反而就正正係重英輕中。

[ 本文章最後由 almom 於 08-3-6 19:31 編輯 ]

18#
發表於 08-3-6 19:23 |只看該作者
兩難局面

我亦同意要與學校傾,睇下可以點幫幫孩子。
我比較在意的,係佢對用英語的抗拒,
其實香港各間國際學校,都會有本地長大的孩子就讀,
但少有對用英語這樣嚴重地抗拒。

如果真的擔心,轉校也未嘗不是一個解決方法;
要愉快學習,本地學校都應該有些做得到,
你可以到 "小學" 和 "幼稚園"  那邊討論區找找資料,
如果不是熱門的名幼稚園,轉校應該不太難。
其實將來如果不是想入著名小學,也不要太在意幼稚園時期學些甚麼。

其實現在有好多本地學校,都標榜國際學校的模式,
他們都係以中文為主,教學方式卻較近似西方教學模式,
而你的情形,看來的確比讀 ESF 較適合。

[ 本文章最後由 almom 於 08-3-6 19:43 編輯 ]

19#
發表於 08-3-6 21:50 |只看該作者
I think you son really doesn't like this school and you've better to find another for him such as woodland Pre-school!

20#
發表於 08-3-7 08:35 |只看該作者
只要父母從少跟子女有良好溝通, 我唔想信子女會因為父母唔識英文而有隔膜!!
我朋友移民美國多年, 二三十歲去到美國先開始學英文, 3名子女都係美國出生, 父母只會跟仔女講廣東話, 但佢地關係不知幾和睦, 大仔已經13歲, 係屋企會幫手湊3歲細佬, 會跟爸爸媽媽拖手出街!!

原文章由 leetai828 於 08-3-6 17:41 發表
吳好意思,打叉小小。。。如果你的子女入到ESF,重一路讀上去,讀到英文洛洛聲,讀到native level,但不喜歡中文,吳肯同你講中文。 而你的英文又不是母語水平,你將來可以用什麽話同仔女講心事呢?講心事吳同講行街買野等閒話,吳用第 ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖