密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 有冇家長后侮選了國際學校,而非傳統小學? ...
樓主: vio922
go

有冇家長后侮選了國際學校,而非傳統小學?   [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 13-5-16 19:27 |顯示全部帖子
Government absorbs the cost inflation of government schools, subsidized schools and DDS . International schools have to bear the ever increasing cost as a result of strong market demand.

22#
發表於 13-5-17 10:24 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:有冇家長后侮選了國際學校,而非傳統小學?

其實local schools 同 IS 都會出產優秀人才,但比例上IS 多好多,原因有很多。曾經聽過有school admission consultant 講IS 學生入出名美國大學較local school student 容易

23#
發表於 13-5-17 20:59 |顯示全部帖子
ANChan59 發表於 13-5-17 20:45
Do you know why?

I guess this may be due to, inter alia, the following factors

(1) English standard
(2) Students from more affluent families will have more resources, support and guidance.
(3) The parents of IS students are alumni of Ivey League which helps their kids to gain admissions
(4) Top notch US universities have comprehensive database to track what kinds of students are most likely to produce the most favorable results for the universities (be it the impact to their fellow classmates or their achievements after graduation). So, the admission officers will go to visit more IS (in proportion) than local schools.

點評

fanfanbb  Agreed. Esp for point 2.  發表於 13-6-17 22:30

24#
發表於 13-5-18 11:17 |顯示全部帖子

I thought the US admission offices allocate the quota in accordance to two major areas viz domestic and international . For domestic intake, They will do adjustments and take into account of the heritage and races of the candidates . They do so since some Asian students in the US tend to do well in certain high school subjects , but they may lag behind their Western peers in their university school careers . Some people believe that the Asian kids in the US need to perform better maths results than their western peers . The whole admission process is to strive for pick the most brilliant students based on limited information available on the applicants .

25#
發表於 13-5-18 18:11 |顯示全部帖子

It is arduous, complicated and unpredictable process to gain admission to the undergraduate program of Ivies .

26#
發表於 13-5-26 23:10 |顯示全部帖子

其實因應市場需求,某些IS巳在過往數年加強中文課程,某些IS 還繼續改進課程,所以越年青的學生,中文根基越好。加上IS 敎學精神是build up the self learning skill 。所以我認為新一代IS 學生中文不應太差。

27#
發表於 13-6-16 08:03 |顯示全部帖子

Harvard admits around 5-6 students in HK every year . I know one from GSIS and one from Island School got the offers last year. Anyone have any clue, where the others come from ?

點評

HKTHK  Usually at least one from LPCUWC  發表於 13-6-16 16:00

28#
發表於 13-6-16 10:04 |顯示全部帖子

引用:回復+Littleho+的帖子 I+have+no+idea..+H

原帖由 Shootastar 於 13-06-16 發表
回復 Littleho 的帖子

I have no idea.. However it was possible that they were from US and UK boardin ...
I mean students from HK schools .

點評

honeybunny7    發表於 13-6-16 12:22

29#
發表於 13-6-16 17:45 |顯示全部帖子

Does anyone know whether universities in UK focus much less on aspects other than academics (eg extra-curricular ) ? In other words , scores mean everything  for UK universities .

‹ 上一主題|下一主題