搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 有冇家長后侮選了國際學校,而非傳統小學? ...
樓主: vio922
go

有冇家長后侮選了國際學校,而非傳統小學?   [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 13-5-12 18:33 |顯示全部帖子
回復 NKpa 的帖子

I think starting in LS and then studying abroad can certainly help and can go a long way to address the problems.  Having gone through the process myself, I still don't think I am able to transition as much as I want though.  If I have a choice to start over at the age of 6, I would choose the path of IS.  I don't think there is right or wrong in IS vs LS debate but rather what is the better way for the student to learn and also what educational outcomes are the parents looking for?
I don't think LS "destroys" creativity either but I would think of it as "suppressed."  I do see many LS students blossom but this tends to be quite a bit later in the thirties or forties as they try to readjust to different modes of thinking and working.  On the other hand, IS students do not have as strong a grounding in some of the basic skills.  I suspect the average level of IS students are not as strong in math and science as LS students.  But there is a small subset of IS students who find their calling and can be truly brilliant.
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

42#
發表於 13-6-14 23:03 |顯示全部帖子
回復 honeybunny7 的帖子

Fascinating.  Out of all the students from HK in your class at Penn, what is the % that went to IS, LS vs boarding school?

43#
發表於 13-6-15 12:50 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 HKTHK 於 13-6-15 12:58 編輯

回復 honeybunny7 的帖子

Not sure when you went to college but I don't think that is the case nowadays.  From what recent graduates told me and also looking at admission results for different Ivies, most admissions are from the good IS.  It was the case that it was mostly kids from boarding schools or those who went to LS and then transferred to a US or Canadian high school.  But I don't think the Ivies have taken a large number of direct admissions from LS.

44#
發表於 13-6-15 18:21 |顯示全部帖子
回復 honeybunny7 的帖子

Only referring to undergrad since students apply directly.  Grad is different and much less dependent on high school.

45#
發表於 13-6-16 00:18 |顯示全部帖子
回復 honeybunny7 的帖子

Pretty sure you are wrong on the relative chances of admissions to Ivies from IS vs LS.  If you think a non-top tier band 1 LS has a decent chance, I would strongly advocate your kids to continue your legacy.  As for all the other Ivies' grad I know, safe to say that 90%+ are in an IS, DxS or St Paul Coed.

46#
發表於 13-6-16 00:21 |顯示全部帖子
回復 honeybunny7 的帖子

BTW, if you just graduated within the last 8 years, I would strongly suggest you look at where older alumni are sending their kids.

47#
發表於 13-6-16 16:08 |顯示全部帖子
回復 Shootastar 的帖子

20 sounds about right each year.  These should be students that are based in HK and admitted into the school regardless of their citizenship.  Alumni would have a good sense of this especially those who helped with interviews since there is a list of admitted students who are interviewed in HK.  This is pretty much true across the various Ivies.  There would be other students from HK but who are in US, UK or Canadian boarding schools now.  There really isn't a good way to count those since they may have foreign citizenship and use a foreign permanent address.

48#
發表於 13-6-16 16:12 |顯示全部帖子
回復 honeybunny7 的帖子

I don't see how you are not being "welcomed" here.  Other than you needling Shootastar about not having studied abroad, this has just been a discussion with different opinions.  Also don't see why people would agree with you if they have another set of facts to back up their opinion.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題