搜索
教育王國 討論區 初中教育 暑假遊學團
發新帖
查看: 5201|回覆: 1
go

暑假遊學團 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-4-1 10:51 |顯示全部帖子
My son went to UK once when he was primary 4. He enjoyed it tremendously.

This year I will send him to the US.

In both cases, I apply it for myself, not through agent and he went there alone, without any HK students / schoolmates accompanished. It is fine because you can arrange airline for "unaccompanished minor" which they will personally take care of your kid and hand it to the school at the airport gate. The same will do in the return trip.

The purpose of doing this is to avoid too many Chinese students together, which defeats the purpose of learning English.

The experience of apply for US summer school this year give me an impression that those summer schools in the US are much more well-organized, although the results of attending has yet to know (until he comes back in August).

If you have interest, just go to http://www.boardingschoolreview.com/summer-boarding-schools.php

Each school have summer session on their webpage. But prepare to go through rather complicated process, eg. school and teacher recommendations, etc. Some famous ones may required to conduct video - interview or tele-interview.

2#
發表於 08-4-3 11:30 |顯示全部帖子
For the UK Trip he attended 3 years ago, it costed about HK$ 15,000 for two weeks. The school name is Eastbourne, but the programme is not run by the school. Academically, he did not gain much. But the trip help build his own confidence and he likes and is then well prepared for studying aboard. Thus for those who intend to send their kids aboard in secondary school. It is worth spending the money.

This year, he will stay in the State for five weeks. It costs US$ 6,500 (HK$50,000), excluding airfare. In the US, almost all boarding summer session are operated by the school itself. My son's school even has summer session alumni and credits are recognized by pre-schools in the US.

There are even more choices if you choose day camp.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題