搜索
發新帖
樓主: hksarah
go

[複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-12-30 18:19 |顯示全部帖子

Re: The views of a 保良局蔡繼有學校 foreign teacher to 保良局蔡繼有學校

嘩! 講咗咁多Ms. A的背景,如果係真,CKY都好易估到個 2 5 NET係邊個。好心人地當你朋友講感受你聽就留番D口德啦,唔好亦唔使爆人地個Personal Background出來。

CKY收生非常著重家長要認同學校的理念,用另一角度講,即學校的"好"與"不好"都最好要多欣賞及多包容,否則會自己辛苦。

2#
發表於 05-12-30 18:49 |顯示全部帖子

我唔係motheroffour,但見眾CKY家長其實都能看到CKY的一些缺點,卻仍然包容與支持;例如在其他THREAD上有家長會為CKY可能遲出通知解釋是因為近X'MAS工作較忙,及什麼現在的老闆比將來的老闆更重要等...。但細心想,X'MAS忙是預知的,如果是預知及可避免的都不能避免,客觀來說,那其實反映是決策素質的問題。若問題只屬冰山一角,那就要考慮包容與理智是否及如何取得平衡。

幸好CKY都能如時通告結果,雖然早前2ND IN的時間表一再失守,亦算作出改善。

EdT 寫道:
吓, motheroffour, 做乜咁嚇我。  有何高見,請講, 願聞其詳。

3#
發表於 05-12-31 00:14 |顯示全部帖子

Please don't say thank you to me and I'm not supposed to be those who only make intentional negative comments without supporting observation.

I'm sure CKY is a very good school to a specific segment of students and in fact, my friend's  kids do love the school life very much.  

However, CKY might be operating/developing beyond its resources limit.  If the staff are always working underpaid and overtime, the system itself will tend to retain staff of inferior quality in the market.  I agreed with kunggi201 that the Ms. A probably is not a good teacher.  However, why she stays while the others leave?

I attended the briefing of Pui Kui and the principal said if Pui Kui goes for IB, the school fee has to be increased by HK$2,000/month.  Pui Kui's existing school fee is at HK$1,700/month plus direct subsidy from the government plus considerable donations.  If what the principal said is true, it may probably take at least HK$6,000/month to break even IB for a private school without subsidy.  A very big recurrent gap for CKY even after school fee adjustment if without solid and continuous support from PLK.  The adminstrative/negative issues might be the consequences of resources constraints which are crucial but difficult to resolve.  Emotional supports do relieve but can't solve either the fundamentals.

Anyway: 情人眼裏出西施,小朋友鍾意咪得囉!

[quote]
fannycheungmc 寫道:
THANK YOU BBCmom

o it is so bad at cky. EdT, you think should he change school for his kid? I afraid, i will not apply this school.
[quote]

4#
發表於 05-12-31 00:35 |顯示全部帖子

In addition, CKY is now only operating primary section at an old campus.  The resources impact of IB in secondary section and new campus has not yet been fully reflected.  

Hence, fundamentally and be realistic, its difficult for CKY to achieve real excellence at present level of school fee.

5#
發表於 05-12-31 23:59 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks for the financial information.  However, the injection is one-off for infrastructure, not recurrent in nature.

If HK$7,000/month is a reasonable benchmark fee for pursuing IB, there is still a gap of > HK$2,000/month/student.  Assuming CKY will have 1,000 students in full mode, a rough recurrent gap will become HK$2K x 1,000 x 10 (months) per year, or HK$20M/year.  The puzzle still exists, unless:

1. HK$7,000/month is not the right benchmark, but much the less
2. PLK/donation fills the gap
3. Government fills the gap (change to DSS?)
4. Give up IB
5. Scale down the school size
6. Further raise the fees significantly
7. Struggle in the journey under the resources limit of HK$5,000/month, which will likely be the near future fee level for secondary section
8. Combination of above or others?

I'm not an insider and don't know which one will dominate.  

However, if option 7 is the likely dominating scenario at present and in future, those negative issues on administration, turn-over, staff quality,.. etc. will not be easily resolved due to the fundamental mismatch between targets and resources .
‹ 上一主題|下一主題