go

ESF 英基資助 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-11-1 10:29 |顯示全部帖子
將好的教育貴族化,讓一般市民負擔不起,又一香港「德政」,真是哀莫大於心死。全港民間應該下半旗致哀。

2#
發表於 12-11-3 18:55 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 alpham0m 於 12-11-3 20:53 編輯

We all have our personal believes, just like there is a majority out there who don't believe in national education, there are parents like me who are terrified by the local education system which evaluates the ability of your child based on exams.

Parents are voting for ESF schools by sending their kids there, some even choose to sacrifice the opportunity for their kids to learn the mother tongue as the last resort. Why? Because they believe in the way of teaching in ESF and it is the only affordable option for many middle class/lower middle class families who are so desperate to give their children a good education because they have no faith in the local system. My question is, why should we as tax payers be denied a more affordable and desirable option such as ESF? Why can't we tell these law makers who we sent into Legco by our votes and tax money that we deserve this option?  

I personally don't see ESF enjoys a "special status", but as an option of hope for parents who completely lose faith in the local system where everything is about excelling the exam rather than the enjoyment of learning. By the time those kids finish primary school, they have completely lost interests in learning/school because it is such a grueling experience.

I believe it is time for a change, but by the look of it, it is a change for worse, not better. Very sad, really.

3#
發表於 12-11-3 21:05 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 alpham0m 於 12-11-3 21:18 編輯

Why get rid of somthing old and good? In order to be fair, we should make everything the same so no one enjoys a "special" treat? If you want a special treat, then pay dearly because the poor or the less previllaged don't deserve a good education just like the richies? But we are talking about education here.

In that same mentality, we shall tear down all the heritage buildings in the city to make room for more residential buildings since the price of housing is going through the roof simply because it isn't fair?

4#
發表於 12-11-3 21:28 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 alpham0m 於 12-11-3 21:45 編輯

回復 shadeslayer 的帖子

I guess we will see what surprises our law makers will bring us in December then. I might write a letter to the one I helped sent into office and express my view and suggest the voucher system. I doubt it will change anything they will decide to do but at least I do what I could. Concerned parents, I think you should do the same too.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題