搜索
教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 "Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group "
樓主: kawai
go

"Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group " [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 06-2-1 23:29 |顯示全部帖子

Re: "Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group "

I read the book "Children with Straving Brains", ALA is mentioned and used by DAN doctors as a chelator.   
http://www.tacanow.com/chelation.htm
I only hesitate about the dosage and whether it is too soon to start using ALA (as the book recommends adding ALA at least 7-8 cycles of DMSA).  Same as DMSA, ALA also feeds yeast.  That's my another concern.

Justin2002 寫道:
ChanchanBoy,
As far as I know, DAN doctors do not use ALA for A-kids.  So it's strange to hear that Dr. Trodd prescribe this to your son.
Carson's birthday in January 2000.

82#
發表於 06-2-3 17:34 |顯示全部帖子

HayBMum,

Thanks for the information regarding ALA.
My son is having the gluten free diet since August 2005.  He is eating the gluten free bread name "papa bread" from Health Gate and don't have the bad mouth smelling you mentioned.  Which one your son is eating?

[quote]
HayBMum 寫道:
I got a problem about Gluten free diet and would like to seek advice from the parents here.  Does anyone experience bad smelling of the mouth after exercising gluten free diet? I found my son got this problem after taking the gluten free bread. But he does not have constipation   
/quote]

83#
發表於 06-2-4 18:50 |顯示全部帖子

Dear kawai,

Welcome back!  
My son was tested having allergy to egg, soy, peanut, sesame and milk in Biotek July 05.  He stopped eating these food since July 05.  He began GFCF August 05.  But he was very thin and his weight remains around 43 lbs this half year.  I am thinking to remain GFCF but let him has limited egg and soy again.  What's your opinion?

Mrscheung,

I knew your son is having a very restricted diet.  What's your opinion also?  

Other parents' opinion is also welcomed.  Thank you.

kawai 寫道:
chanchanboy,

According to the latest survey,  so many of the children about 50% had severe gut issues when using the DMSA.  So that GFCF diet is a must during chelation in order to control yeast overgrowth.  There's another chelation therapy called TD-DMPS- (transdermal).  Many of the parents are using this form in US.  You may ask Dr. Trodd if you want to know more about it.

84#
發表於 06-2-6 00:07 |顯示全部帖子

kawai,

Thanks for the advice and I'll check Houston website.

kawai 寫道:
Hi chanchanboy,

According to the guideline from Biotek.  My son has resumed the allergen food such as egg and sesame gradually after 6 months of restricted diet.  He only sticks with CF diet since last summer till now.  You may try HN-ZYME that may help gain weight if taken along with Peptizyde.   

85#
發表於 06-2-8 00:21 |顯示全部帖子

Justin202
Actually my son eats more variety than before.  May be you’re right as he doesn’t get junk food anymore.  And thanks for your information about corn and dehumidifier.  

Justin2002 寫道:
I was thinking that his 'little-to-no' weight gain is due to his exceptionally 'clean' diet.  What do you think?

mrscheung & kawai
Thanks for the information.

86#
發表於 06-2-15 00:07 |顯示全部帖子

Order for the new probiotics HLC MindLinx by Pharmax which is claimed to have specifically developed for autism and ADHD.  Let me know if anyone interested to try.  The deadline is on coming Friday.  

Click here

1.  Dommom - 3 bottles of CAPSULE
2.  chanchanboy - 1 bottle of POWDER

87#
發表於 06-2-15 21:17 |顯示全部帖子

Order for the new probiotics HLC MindLinx by Pharmax which is claimed to have specifically developed for autism and ADHD. Let me know if anyone interested to try. The deadline is on coming Friday.

1. Dommom - 3 bottles of CAPSULE
2. chanchanboy - 1 bottle of CAPSULE
3. yuenyuen - 2bottles of capsule
4. Justin2002 - 2 bottles of capsule
5. ABBmom - 1 bottle of capsule and 1 bottle of powder
6. Mickeyma - 2 bottle of capsule
7. haybmum - 1 bottle of capsule

The capsule contains no FOS and strains HLC. The powder contains FOS, only HLC and 250 mg more L-glutamine. Don't know whether it makes any difference or not.

(I change to CAPSULE since powder has FOS which contains soybean which my son is allergy to it)

"rebiotics are substances that preferentially favor the growth and dominance within the G.I. tract of the beneficial components of the microflora, such as the lactobacilli and bifidibacteria. The most well known and well proven prebiotic are the fructooligosaccharides (FOS).

FOS are non-digestible plant sugars derived from asparagus, Jerusalem artichokes and soybeans. FOS pass undigested through the small intestine and are fermented in the colon, where they specifically and selectively promote the growth of some species of the indigenous microflora, especially Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus.

FOS are not hydrolyzed by human digestive enzymes but, as they are not recovered from the feces, this suggests complete colonic metabolism. Colonic fermentation leads to increased fecal biomass, decreased ceco-colonic pH, and production of short-chain fatty acids. The short-chain fatty acids exert systemic effects on lipid metabolism similarly to dietary fiber."

88#
發表於 06-2-21 22:28 |顯示全部帖子

Yes.  My son just finished the 2nd round of TD-DMSA.   I think the yeast problem is less severe than the Oral DMSA.  However, my son inner arms/legs got redish where TD-DMSA applied.  So we stop the Authia Cream during the days off also.   The TD-DMSA, according to Dr. Trodd will be much slower in detox heavy metal.  But instead of getting too much stimming, I prefer TD-DMSA.  Beware, you have to put on gloves when apply TD-DMSA if you have 補牙 with mercury.

ultramom 寫道:
hi 各位,
請問有冇人試過td-dmsa? 上周我去見dr trodd, 佢俾咗兩支td-dmsa俾我, 叫我試兩個round (3日on, 11日off)再去見佢.

89#
發表於 06-2-22 13:35 |顯示全部帖子

Mermee,

How's old your kid?  I never tried 塞肛的dmsa but personnally, I don't prefer 塞肛, though it may be more effective.  1,3,5塞edta, 6,日塞dmsa.  The child may be uncomfortable.

90#
發表於 06-2-23 21:19 |顯示全部帖子

可以在網上預留, 比$2.5, 可以在方便你自己的圖書館取書, 其實仲可以recommend圖書館買書, 我朋友話佢係amazon睇左一d parenting ge書, 建議後兩個月後有得借.

HayBMum 寫道:
Gracebb,
You may simply borrow it from library.  I just searched and found that this book is available for lending at Hong Kong Central Lib at this moment.

91#
發表於 06-2-25 21:20 |顯示全部帖子

HayBMum,

穏陣d, 我建議你係咪都帶仔仔check吓眼, 因為我仔仔最初都係夜晚睇嘢會卒眼, 跟住check到係散光, 如其估估吓, 不如早d check, 如果唔係都好深先知仲煩.  希望你唔好怪我嚇你!

HayBMum 寫道:
唔該晒,等我去look look先!唔知係咪心理作用, 我覺得阿仔可能真有散光,夜晚練琴時,見佢要將個頭貼近本琴書,先可以睇清楚的"豆士", 但姐姐話朝早見佢彈琴又唔多覺呢個情況,唉,真係麻煩!

92#
發表於 06-2-26 22:52 |顯示全部帖子

HayBMum,

我仔仔個陣都係唔肯戴眼鏡check, 政府assessment個視光師逐塊鏡攞住裝裝吓, 所以都係唔太準, 跟住我自己再去浸會check, 仔仔都係唔肯, 又係逐塊鏡攞住裝裝吓, 但anyway都證實係散光, 戴住眼鏡先. 卒眼其實都未必係symptom, 只不過可能我個仔個陣唔識講, 咪自己卒眼(睇唔清卦)!
如果右眼有問題而左眼冇事, 帶眼鏡左眼會係平光鏡卦, 我同老公都唔係戴眼鏡之人, 偏偏個仔要戴眼鏡!

HayBMum 寫道:
chanchanboy,
其實是2星期前在child assessment centre 測聽覺同視覺時個視光師估的,但因為阿仔唔肯帶眼鏡驗,所以咪confirm 唔到,要半年後再去驗。原來卒眼係symptom? 我都覺得佢有卒眼,但想問下佢係右眼有問題而左眼冇事,咁點帶眼鏡?

93#
發表於 06-2-26 22:53 |顯示全部帖子

我一定去!!

Siu_Ming 寫道:
... there will be a conference held in the coming August in Hong Kong.  Dr. Neubrander, ... and Dr. McCandless ...  Dr. Trodd is encouraging as many parents as he can to attend the conference.

94#
發表於 06-3-5 00:44 |顯示全部帖子

Dear all,

Let me report about my son recent supplement list-

Probiotics (Acidophilus powder) -> will change.  I asked Dr. Trodd whether need a change since my son finished many bottles of Acidophilus powder.  Then he said good idea and gave me Polybac 8 Powder.  Actually last time when I change to BioKult, my son did not have poo poo everyday so I back to Acidophilus powder.

Nystatin, seems can control my son yeast problem, less stim.  According to book, Nystatin won't stay in body, so should be no harm.  Some children take it in a long run.  Any idea ?

ALA, newly added supplement for about 2 weeks.  I think it's working since my son expresses his needs more and more sound during play.

Also have DMG, Super Nu-thera, Micro Minerals, Vitamin C, Methyl B12.  But I stopped L-Glutathoine (2 weeks) and Lithium (1 month), no obvious change even I stopped.  So my decision may be correct.  Also stop Authia cream cos' my son has TD-DMSA.   His inner arms and legs got red after applying TD-DMSA, so I let his skin to rest.  Applying nothing during day-off of DMSA.  One more disadvantage is TD-DMSA is much more expensive than oral form.  But less yeast problem (hyper and stim) worth (even slower result).  Dr. Trodd recommended urine test every 4 pulses.  Any experience to share as I don't understanding the urine test meaning.  If high metal level, explain = good = more metal coming out.  If low metal level, explain = good = not so many metal retained in body.  Very confused.  

B12, I remain using the less concentrated one as so far OK when taking the injection.  Any other benefit of the more concentrated one?

Myself added Peptizyde and No-Fenol (1/2 capsule twice a day) as digestive aid.  I introduce Peptizyde first and then No-Fenol.  I choose no-Fenol cos' it can assist the yeast problem.  Previously my son poo poo included many undigested vegetable but after a few days of No-Fenol no more undigested vegetable inside and brown like normal poo poo.  So I think it's really help him to digest better.

I hope you are not eating lunch / dinner when reading this message  :

95#
發表於 06-3-7 10:20 |顯示全部帖子

Kawai,

Yes.  My son is taking the Houston's No-Fenol  capsule.  I don't know the taste of chewable.  I'm afraid my son is not willing to take it cos' he don't like eating candy.

96#
發表於 06-3-7 23:23 |顯示全部帖子

Carnosine should assist speech development.  However, my son had it around 30 days last September.  No significant improvement seen.  I guess 可能自己仔仔本身表逹能力及詞彙等也未足夠, 所以食左都唔會刺激到語言, may try again some day later if my son is well prepared.  I didn't find him too hyper.  However, please note that 好似唔好食一段長時間.  

97#
發表於 06-3-10 23:29 |顯示全部帖子

Seen from Yahoo, if yeast problem, poo poo will be yellow or pale.  Exactly my son case (yellow poo poo) before he takes no-fenol.  Also giggling without reason then throw tantrum suddenly, just like drunken are indication of yeast overgrowth.  

98#
發表於 06-3-12 23:24 |顯示全部帖子

ultramom,

More about No-Fenol, please click here.

99#
發表於 06-3-13 21:35 |顯示全部帖子

Justin2002,

It seems the yahoo website needs password to read the file I mentioned.  I have send a copy to your email address.  Please check.  
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnzymesandAutism/

Other parents interested, may be you can PM me your email address.

chanchanboy

Justin2002 寫道:
the link doesn't work, would you please send again?

100#
發表於 06-3-15 13:45 |顯示全部帖子

mickeyma,

Instead of stopping all supplement, How about re-introduce the supplement again one by one, slowly and in small doses?

I never told my son's teachers / therapists about the supplements cos' probably they don't have a comprehensive idea about biomedical treatment and not the proper person to give you advice.  Also, there may be other underlying reasons affecting his behaviour.  I want my son's teachers / therapists to observe my son's behaviour in a different angle.

BTW, I met shunshunma in Wanchai yesterday and planning to have lunch together later.  I want to ask whether there are other parents working in Wanchai.  If yes, may be we can arrange a lunch gathering together although the lunch hour is short.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題