搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 GSIS vs KCIS
發新帖
查看: 10932|回覆: 1
go

GSIS vs KCIS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-30 01:02 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I thought this game was over and done with for my daughter and I.

Ok, like to hear from parents of both schools.

GSIS and KCIS- which one would you choose for your child?

Factors important to me:

1) Academic - high achievements
2) Discipline
3) Location (GSIS being on the Peak, and then 2 years later, we have to go Wan Chai if we choose GSIS).
4) School hours- terribly early for GSIS, but half day only, and KCIS is 9am-3:20pm.
5) Putonghua level- KCIS by far beats GSIS.

GSIS= the reputation
KCIS= strong putonghua programme

Please help me!
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-7-1 23:59 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Everyone,

I really want to thank wisekid2007's comments and information throughout the forum for GSIS. I learned alot from you.

Unfortunately, we do not have the honour to send our daughter to GSIS. After the assessment, she didn't make their writing standard. I agree with their assessment completely.
I will try again next year with my daughter after we work on her writing. Local kindergartens DO NOT have this at all, all it asks my daughter to do is copy sentences, and this is MORE the reason I now know I must switch my daughter to IS, and after the assessment at GSIS, this is my target dream school for my daughter.

Her reading level was 95%, and comprehension was nearly perfect. Waiting for the report to arrive in our mail.

However, what I didn't appreciate was our assessment appointment was moved up last minute because the admissions secretary Ms. J said they have a farewell party at noon, so I rushed big time up to the peak with my daughter at 8:30am.... I definitely was NOT pleased with that. Had no choice, so did it anyways, but daughter was not feeling well too, fell car sick after the rush. Oh well, KCIS it is for us and I think it's not terrible at all.

My husband prefers KCIS because of the Putonghua. Although we have private tutoring since K1, it's still better to have that in the school. But if GSIS accepts my daughter, I will not hesitate to send her there.

I will keep trying.

THANKS everyone !
‹ 上一主題|下一主題