搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 聖保祿幼稚園...
發新帖
查看: 4575|回覆: 6
go

聖保祿幼稚園... [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-5-25 10:40 |顯示全部帖子
No, too big kids also failed!  SPK did not accept kids born in 2005 this year. You can check another thread (under 幼稚園一覽 - 聖保祿幼稚園) that only kids born in Jan - Jun 2006 are accepted this year.  That means kids born in end of the year have no hope at all, even try two years in SPK (small kid or big big kid still no chance!)
原帖由 060905 於 09-5-20 14:45 發表
好就好,不過就只收大b。

2#
發表於 09-5-25 15:40 |顯示全部帖子
If there are any lucky 2005 kids who are accepted by SPK this year (2009-10), please show up.
原帖由 hippofant 於 09-5-25 13:39 發表
those kids were only part of the 180 kids who got accepted this year.  it doesn't mean none of the accepted kids were born in 2005...

3#
發表於 09-5-26 20:19 |顯示全部帖子
Oh, there is only one case found! Yes, I totally agree that SPK is a good kindergarten. But just remind those parents have kids who born in end of the year, say Aug to Dec, beware of this important SPK selection criteria.  Everyone knows that admission rate of SPK is low because lots of kids applied.  For kids born in end of the year (no matter they are big big kids or small kids), their admission rate is even lower than others and this trend is very obviously in SPK! So, think carefully for your kids before apply!
原帖由 invitation 於 09-5-25 23:59 發表
This year, only about 20 of 180 acceptance cases was reported in Baby kingdom. For those big big girls, please don't give up, at least I read 1 case was posted in BK. Pls check below (#29) that a moth ...

4#
發表於 09-5-29 19:34 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, invitation,

Thank you for your information. I read from other posts and know that you have a daughter studying in SPK K2 now and your son has been accepted for K1 in 2009/10.  The figures of big kids in your daughter's class reflected the SPK selection criteria 2 years ago,  that can be a reference for us though the sampling size is also small.  As the birth rate of 2004 (or end of 2003 for big kids in your daughter's class) was much lower than the birth rate of 2005 & 2006, admission to SPK was not as competitive as this year.  

This year, owing to the high application number, SPK may already have enough right candidates by choosing from kids born in Jan to Jun 2006.  That's why big kids born in end of 2005 or small kids born in 2006 will, if not all failed, have even lower successful rate than before.  This is what we can observe from the information available here. Many parents commented that selection criteria of SPK are always a mystery to parents. May be you can share update information with us after the SPK briefing on 30/5.  But just remind those parents who are interested in applying for SPK but their kids born in end of the year, they may be quite disappointed for such SPK selection trend and should get prepared for failure to avoid disappointment!

Of course, there is always a chance, but remember it's so slim.....Good luck!
原帖由 invitation 於 09-5-27 12:17 發表
我個女那組15人, 有3個係超大B(即早一年的年尾出生), 始終係太多人申請,就算同樣係大B都唔一定可以入到, 好講運氣, 但唔試就真係無機會.

5#
發表於 09-6-1 12:18 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, invitation,
You are a very understanding person and know why I stress on this point.  At the beginning, I hesitate to make such comments as I scared someone will think that I have "purpose" to make "bad comments" on SPK (you know some of the comments here can be very harsh!!!).  But it is the beauty in bk that we can freely share our views / information.  

I know quite a number of parents had tried 2 years in SPK and hope that their big big kids will be accepted by SPK in 2nd trial.  Unfortunately, this strategy seemed not working this year.  We can only say that 2005 year end kids are unlucky ones.  As the birth rate goes up, it is expected that this selection criteria will probably continue.  So, parents should bear in mind and can only accept such SPK selection criteria in mystery!  Also, it seems that SPK parents this year are quiet and seldom share their information.  It's really nice to talk to SPK parents like you.  Hope more SPK parents can share update information here as many parents are eager to know more facts in SPK.

Last but not least, congratulate you and all parents whose kids got accepted by SPK!
原帖由 invitation 於 09-5-31 02:25 發表
Hi, Mimimama,

I agree with your below, for those babies born in the end of the year, their chance are very slim and it is quite frustrated to be put on the waiting list 2 times by same kindergarten e ...

6#
發表於 09-6-8 10:19 |顯示全部帖子
According to the past record, we already know that SPK used to accept big big girl in the past years.  As we discussed before, it seems that big big girls born in end of 2005 have not been accepted for K1 in 2009/10.  
Anyway, thank you for your information.
原帖由 fundfund 於 09-6-6 12:16 發表
My friend's daughter born in Nov 2004, she is studying SPK K1

7#
發表於 09-6-8 12:50 |顯示全部帖子
BabyHug,

I totally share how upset you are! Your family and your daughter seems possess all criteria for admitting in SPK but still failed.  It makes parents disapppointed even they tried hard to cope with SPK criteria, except month of birth of the kids that can't be controlled! Also, it's nothing to deal with kids' performance as the interview time is too short for assessment.  What we can say it mainly deals with luck!

Some lucky bk parents reported that 2nd interviews for waitlisted candidiates have been done and completed last week.   I think it probably prepare for potential vacancies after registration on 13 Jun. That means those who have not called for interview should think of their next options.  Think positive, your younger daughter may still have better chance than others if vacancies exist in K2 as other SPK parents said.  God bless you.
原帖由 BabyHug 於 09-6-5 23:19 發表
You are not the only one that has been optimistic and has been judged. Our 2nd daugther is baptised, we live in the neighbourhood, her sister study at and walks daily to SPC Primary. And to no avail.  ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題