密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖瑪加利男女英文中小學 Difference between G1, G2 G3
樓主: ChapmanMa
go

Difference between G1, G2 G3 [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 09-4-23 10:05 |顯示全部帖子
It is in Multiple Choice form as far as I understand.  So, just let them to recognise is ok la.

62#
發表於 09-4-23 17:30 |顯示全部帖子
I just learnt about this and fell down on the floor.

Did you babies get good marks in last GS quiz.  Heard from other parents that quite a number of them got 60s.

63#
發表於 09-4-24 09:26 |顯示全部帖子
My boy is in between your babies.  Considering he got only 62 in the first GS quiz, I am quite happy with his progress.  I find him more proactive in learning after he moved to Maths G1.  He told me that Maths G1 is more quiet during the class while G2 is quite noisy with some classmates talking a lot.

Do you find GS the most difficult subject?

After May 4, there should be one more Maths and GS quiz (usually 2 in a term).  Hurry up...

64#
發表於 09-4-24 13:31 |顯示全部帖子
Sara,

No worry la.  I am sure your daughter is definitely above average.  It is just a few months.  Give her more time.

Does your girl read Chinese books?  You may find some interesting pictures and make some sentences related to the pictures with her - let her describe.  She may not know some of the vocabulary at this stage.

In fact, we cannot effectively differentiate the intelligence / standard of the kids until P3 or P4.  You know, some of the kinders do teach P1 syllabus in K2 / K3.  Hence, some of the classmates may be relatively stronger in this aspect if they come from acadamic-oriented kinders.

65#
發表於 09-4-24 16:01 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Sara,

It won't take her much time.  My boy didn't as well (he came from an entirely "play" kinder).  He can take up eventually, though at a slower pace at the begining.  Hence, she will be ok.  You are not alone.

I understand many of his classmates learn double-digit +/- before going to P1 - some are now learning multiple and divide.  It has become a norm for kids to learn advance (outside school).

66#
發表於 09-4-28 09:21 |顯示全部帖子
HKQQbaby,

please check pm

67#
發表於 09-5-26 08:00 |顯示全部帖子
HKQQbaby,

We have a busy week la.  They have both Chi and Eng dictation next week plus Japanese oral quiz and Maths quiz.  GS should be coming soon.

We plan to go Disney on Fri but my boy told me last night that he did not want to as the teacher said they have to do the revision during the holiday.  It seems that he gets more matured and self-discipline now.  I comforted him that we can do if we start ahead.  He finished spelling the English dictation last night.

I decided to give up learning phonics but rather focus on gramma this summer.

For unknown reason, I misplaced your mobile number.  Kindly pm me.  Thanks.

68#
發表於 09-6-16 08:34 |顯示全部帖子
Hi HKQQbaby,

Have your finished your moving?

I think school won't resume in this term giving the rising number of reported cases.

What are your babies doing?  I make my boy do more reading.  He now has football class twice a week.

Do you know whether there will be any summer holiday homework from school?  If not, I have to prepare some for my boy, otherwise, he may forget what he had learnt.

Heard from P2 parents that the quiz and exam are a lot more demanding and tough comparing to P1.  Hope our kids can do well in P2.

69#
發表於 09-6-18 11:15 |顯示全部帖子
HKQQbaby / Sara,

Have homework for next week - Chinese (4 two pages exercise) and Maths (8 one page exercise).  Please check and download from intranet.

70#
發表於 09-6-18 23:22 |顯示全部帖子
HKQQbaby,

Yes, I don't think school will resume next week as the situation now is worse than last week when the Edu Bureau declared suspension of all kinders and primary schools.

71#
發表於 09-6-24 20:08 |顯示全部帖子
HKQQbaby / Sara,

There is a notice on intranet about summer holiday.

Apart from Chi, Eng, GS & Maths, there are some requirements on Modern Lang..  It is good to recap their memory.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題