用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 st paul co Ed call for second in la.
發新帖
樓主: atirw
go

st paul co Ed call for second in la.   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-10-24 16:28 |顯示全部帖子
Yes, let's look ahead, don't look back .

2#
發表於 12-10-28 21:12 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 daisy17772 於 12-10-28 21:12 編輯

Every year there were comments that selection criteria were mainly based on interview performance (mainly from those who got selected but weren't affiliated), on the other hand, comments mentioned that it wasn't based on interview performance but about family background.   There weren't an absolute right or wrong. Because from those isolated cases where they weren't affiliated but selected, it could be understood that parents would believe that interview performance was the pure reason.  But from those kindergartens where most children being selected were affiliated, while in the same school, non-affiliated children who used to have much better school performance than the affiliated children weren't selected, it was also totally understood why parents of non-affiliated would think affiliation and parents' background were the main considerations.  My friend's school, at least 10 out of 11 children got into 2nd were affiliated, so I could understand why parents of non-affiliated would feel suspicious about the selection criteria.

So for those non-affiliated, your child must have done a great performance.  While it could not be denied that considerations were not totally about performance, parents' background and affiliation were used to be another major criteria in some cases.

3#
發表於 12-10-30 00:49 |顯示全部帖子
學校都講過學位不多過70%俾有關係人仕,即是大部份人係靠關係,這是不爭之事。 上面的媽咪所講10個小朋友入2nd in 都是有關係,其中一些並不突出只是想說明當在一大批同一學校的小朋友中有比較時,靠關係入圍的因素是不能否定。 這並不否定那些從其他幼稚園能入圍的小朋友的能力,並且他們可能更叻。只是在沒有比較下,不能突顯出所謂(有關係) 這個因素。

4#
發表於 12-10-30 13:16 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 daisy17772 於 12-10-30 13:17 編輯

The first day entering into this game, one should know this is not a "fair game".  As they already announced mostly 70% goes to affiliated.  Based on this ground, there must be some brilliant students not getting in so to allow those affiliated children get in.  The school must know evaluating a 5 years old' destiny solely by an interview is not a fair ground, but the school likes to take on good background family (e.g Professional) mostly due to usually children would inherit the same background of their parents, and historically this kind of good background are widely found in old girls/boys.  

My friend told me (their daughter is SPCC) in P1, the academic variances were huge, some didn't even read English with just one simple sentence.  But these students could buy time to pick up their pace.....so I wouldn't agree all of their students are brilliant...but the portion of brilliant/smart children are just alot more.

點評

koala_choco  "The first day entering into this game, one should know this is not a "fair game". "  ~~~~至鐘意你呢句   發表於 12-10-30 15:31
‹ 上一主題|下一主題