搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 私立學校和國際學校的分別?
發新帖
樓主: minicooper0808
go

私立學校和國際學校的分別?   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 16-11-6 21:46 |顯示全部帖子
I believe she refers to Private Independent Schools (PIS) vs International Schools.  I never knew the difference but I have browsed the info in the Edu Bureau's website and found that both categories are part of the private school sector.  There are only 7 PISs (  CKY, DC, ICS, ISF, RC, VSA, Yew chung Secondary) but there are 51 IS.  Yew Chung Primary is an IS but its Secondary School is a PIS.  According to Edu Bureau's definition, a PIS is required to take in at least 70% students who are permanent residents of HK.

2#
發表於 16-11-7 00:43 |顯示全部帖子
nintendo 發表於 16-11-6 23:27
Do you have the link to the PIS list? I did not know ICS is a PIS.
[size=39.5197px]http://edb.hkedcity.net/internationalschools/private_independent_schools.php?lang=en

3#
發表於 16-11-7 07:56 |顯示全部帖子
nintendo 發表於 16-11-7 03:21
"PISs are required to ensure that at least 70% of the student population are Hong Kong Permanent Re ...
True. So whether a school provides an international education depends on a lot of factors, like many parents above have pointed out.  PIS is a type of school which has received land grant at a nominal premium plus a one-off capital grant for construction of school premises. ICS is a PIS under this definition although I view it is an international school. Many non-locals can have HKID. Likewise,  locals can have foreign passports.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題