搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St Cat vs Soka
發新帖
查看: 982|回覆: 3
go

St Cat vs Soka [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-12-4 17:11 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My girl is accepted by St Cat. and Soka pm class.

I am thinking of which one should choose.  SC is good at teaching English, however, the campus (Nolfolk) is old, untidy and dark.  The steps there are too high for small kids and may cause accidents.  The teachers seems not as friendly as Soka's.

My girl says she loves Soka (cause she played for an hr at school on the interview day).  Hus and I also prefer Soka's env. , teachers are very friendly, classrooms are bright and tidy...

So I am headache of choosing between 2 cause i really want my girl to have good English but i also want her to study in a happy environment.

Since Soka also teach Phonics at K1, why is its English standard not comparable to St Cat?  Is it simply just because St Cat. has Eng class every day?

About the class size, are both schools more or less the same (about 30 in one class)?

Could anyone kindly give some comments?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-12-4 21:55 |顯示全部帖子
Which one will u choose in terms of teaching methods, caring of the teachers and the smartness of kids?

原帖由 maggiewawa 於 08-12-4 17:11 發表
My girl is accepted by St Cat. and Soka pm class.

I am thinking of which one should choose.  SC is good at teaching English, however, the campus (Nolfolk) is old, untidy and dark.  The steps there ar ...

3#
發表於 08-12-5 00:17 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for all the comments.  

I agreed that SC may provide a very good Eng learning environment.  However, afraid the teachers are too busy with so many kids in one class and turn out pay not enough attention, kids so are left behind doing their own works, or lose interest (no one listen to them)...  I think teachers' attention and caring to kids are also important as kids can feel whether their teachers like and care them or not.

If I can sit a lesson at the 2 schools, of course, I can judge which one better overall.  So I am eager to learn more about the experience (bad or good) about the school life in these 2 schools.

Thanks again for the comments.

原帖由 idachan 於 08-12-5 00:08 發表
其實要有心理準備SC未必是你想像中,我有朋友試過接受不了太多人一班,讀了幾個月轉校了,班房細外,要視乎你遇著的老師好不好.但近兩三年Soka的評價很好 ...

4#
發表於 08-12-5 15:54 |顯示全部帖子
I agreed the learning env is even more important than everything.  That's why i struggle between the two choices.  Since i want my girl to study am class, so i may write to see how it comes out.  Let God decides.

Have your kids study pm class before?  Could u pls share the timetable (more details)?  Thanks.

原帖由 cheungmingwai 於 08-12-5 15:23 發表
hi,我十分同意你的想法! 學習不單純語文,更不能重視英語!!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題