用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Do ICS reject unsuccessful candidates with same reas ...
發新帖
樓主: WNoahLam
go

Do ICS reject unsuccessful candidates with same reason ? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-2-6 23:32 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Starrynite 的帖子

Dear Starrynite,

Being  a former ICS parent, I am sorry for you and your kid who had made great effort to attend the interview and ended up with a bad experience during the test.  I would not be happy if the test was run in this way.  It would definitely affect the kid performance and it is not fair to the kid either.  Have you reflected it to the school?

When my kid was still there, I sometime, did not understanding the way they do either,e ven though we were there for years. We were glad that the teachers were great but we did not a lot of pressure on studying, as too many local Chinese families, they are demanding.  I am not saying it was bad but it was really pressure to me and my kid.  We have once though of transferring school when she was only junior grade because of the academic requirements.

All in all, we and our kid still love the school, she misses it so much as the teachers she had showed great love to her even she was not an outstanding student in the class.  Now she left for other schoo, the kids still maintain good freindships and we, parents still keep in touch.

All the best to your kid.

To other disappointed parents,

I am the representative of the school, when I read this thread, I do feel sorry for you and your kids.  Sometime, ICS does not really know how to handle the matter.  In the past, they would discuss the results with the parents in full even they rejected the kids but I believe there are too many, they can't afford to do it.

If you are still interested in ICS, I would suggest to contact the school again for another interview after six months if your kid was commented 'English not meeting the standard'.  Sometime, ICS refer to the performance at the test.  Please be understood that the kids might have down performance in unfamiliar environment.  Summer school at ICS and fall festival are opened to the public, it would be good chance to let the kid to have a taste of the school and personnel.  Summer school is run by ICS itself, they also hire old boys/ girls and senior years to assist the teachers.  So you might have chances to check it out on your own.

Well, there were a few stories may comfort you all.  Years ago, some teachers/staffs kids/ sibling applied to the school from other IS, they did fail in the first time and they came back in six months for the 2nd test, then they got in.  Also, younger brothers/sisters in ICS kindergarten also failed to go into elementary with their brothers/sisters.  There are still a few families having kids in different IS.  You are not alone!!!!!

If there is a chance, I will reflect your thought to the school, as we do go back to the school sometime.

All the best to your kids.

YauMum

點評

Starrynite  Thank you!  發表於 14-2-7 21:08
minirat  Thanks for sharing!  Seems like it was more of an "administration" issue.  發表於 14-2-7 09:23

2#
發表於 14-2-7 23:09 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 WNoahLam 的帖子

To whom it may concern,

I mistyped, I should be typing 'I am not the official representative of the school' but anyway, I responded here to let some concerned parents to know that they are not alone.

If my response just made it worse, I am sorry for it.  I should not have responded anything on ICS at all in order to avoid unnecessary misunderstanding from now on.

All the best.

YauMum

3#
發表於 14-2-8 23:29 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 nintendo 的帖子

No one would expect to have prompt advancement of a languge in just a few weeks.

Summer school is not a preliminary test for entrance test, It 's just an activity in the Summer for kids and have a chance to know something about the school.  When the kids come to the school for entrance test, they may settle down a little bit better.  ICS also recruits the senior year students as assistants.  Parents may observe more.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題