教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 my impression of the PN interviews in HK
發新帖
樓主: Shyangjie
go

my impression of the PN interviews in HK [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-11-4 10:53 |顯示全部帖子
Shyangjie 發表於 14-11-4 10:33
read a lot of posts about PN interviews in HK...these are all kids around 14-20 months old, and they ...
Very true.  Exactly what I feel.
Interviewing kids at such a young age is crazy to begin with anyways.  

And the worst part?  Most parents accept this kind of crazy pressure being put on the kids.  They train the kids for this kind of interview even though they think it is not healthy.  

2#
發表於 14-11-4 11:02 |顯示全部帖子
The Hong Kong education system is just too crazy.

They train people to become copycats instead of being creative with their ideas.

3#
發表於 14-11-4 11:07 |顯示全部帖子
既野愈深,愈難入果間,就代表好咁 <-- agreed.  

I heard people saying this all the time.  And people think 'if no interview is needed, then it is not a good school because all it takes is $ to join the school'.

And if you want to point out some weakness you experience in a particular school, then the parents will shoot you down as if you are spreading virus around.

4#
發表於 14-11-4 13:54 |顯示全部帖子
I believe some of the parents thinking is "let's do a super difficult interview to so called filter out the not as smart kids".  But in my opinion knowing more at the age of 2 doesn't mean the kid is smarter.

Knowing how to solve problem, to me, is much more important than knowing how to follow commands and instructions.

5#
發表於 14-11-4 17:56 |顯示全部帖子
Personally, it is not even a matter of outgoing or shy.

The idea of interviewing a 20 month old kid is crazy to begin with.  Training a 20 month old kid to 'perform better in an interview' is even more ridiculous.  

6#
發表於 14-11-5 08:29 |顯示全部帖子
I think some parents like difficult interviews because it shows the school's intention to teach difficult materials too (somehow some parents enjoy asking kids to learn in advance ex: start writing in PN or K1, phonics in PN, etc).

7#
發表於 14-11-5 11:30 |顯示全部帖子
charlieau 發表於 14-11-5 11:00
Yes, i think most important thing is spend more time with your children.
Agreed.  I believe it is better to learn in a natural way (that's why I stay away from phonics etc and just let my son pick up languages naturally by conversation).  I would rather spend time going to the park and play with him instead of reviewing or getting ready for tests and homeworks.

8#
發表於 14-11-10 11:22 |顯示全部帖子
seaker 發表於 14-11-10 11:12
exactly...i was with my kid who is 13.5m last week for her first interview in life...she was asked t ...
My believe is that learning through play and in a natural way is more healthy for the long run.  So I won't train my son to fulfill what the interviews are looking for.
Pushing information to a young kid, to me, is not a good way of learning so I will let him pick up knowledge through play and in a natural way.  Let him set the rules when he plays.  Try not to 'teach' him the 'right way' of playing a toy.  Instead, we let him try to figure it out (even though it may not be the 'model answer way' of playing a certain toy.  We stay away from phonics at a young age.  We won't force him to pick up a pen and start writing before K2.  We won't ask him to recognize Chinese characters yet.  

If education is 'interview oriented', then it is seriously wrong in my opinion.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題