用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Do ICS reject unsuccessful candidates with same reas ...
發新帖
樓主: WNoahLam
go

Do ICS reject unsuccessful candidates with same reason ? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-2-6 13:25 |顯示全部帖子

引用:I+agree+that+they+are+mean+and+their+sta

原帖由 vinci_lo 於 14-02-06 發表
I agree that they are mean and their standard was too high.
Their assessment last year
1. Reading a  ...
Too early too soon seems to be spreading from locals schools to some IS!

The more bizzare a thing is, the less mysterious it proves to be.

2#
發表於 14-2-7 01:59 |顯示全部帖子

引用:Put+it+this+way,+if+a+school+is+incapabl

原帖由 FattyDaddy 於 14-02-06 發表
Put it this way, if a school is incapable of preparing a rejection letter that is more subtle and po ...
I actually agree with you. Even an ordinary parent like me can think of other ways to express rejects with certain euphemism.

But the parents with the blunt reject letter couldn't care less about the school. It is the parents' ego that was hurt.

點評

minirat  Well u might be right...  發表於 14-2-7 09:24

3#
發表於 14-2-7 08:21 |顯示全部帖子

引用:We+received+rejected+letter+by+ICS+with+

原帖由 WNoahLam 於 14-02-05 發表
We received rejected letter by ICS with a radiculous reason "English has not met required admission  ...
Obviously you could not care less about the school's behaviour as your child is not getting in. Your child could not care less about the reject as you either have not told him/her, or the child forgot about this in 10 minutes.

In the adult world, one has to get over many things that you have no control of.  Have companies ever tell job interviewers real reasons for a reject?  You will never heard from them, let alone a letter, or a reason.

4#
發表於 14-2-9 11:44 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 shadeslayer 於 14-2-9 11:45 編輯
WNoahLam 發表於 14-2-9 10:48
The respond from the school reflect their integrity. The truth is they have no more space to offer d ...

What is wrong with standard templates?  You are saying this as though it is seriously wrong.
Obviously the school received a lot of applications.  Among those they cannot admit, there are different types, according to their selection criteria, like

- English is not strong enough
- Child is not proactive enough
- Cognitive development is not good enough
- Parents not Christian
- a combination of the above
(I made them all up)

If they use a number of templates for replying parents, is there anything wrong?  What does that have to do with integrity?

Just because they don't have enough places does not mean the real reason for your son's rejection was not English.   It was an interview, they don't owe you a detailed evaluation report of your child's development.

PS.  I have nothing to do with ICS and none of my friends and family's children study in ICS.

點評

JMM  very well said.  Parents could never know how their kids performed over the interview and written tests (if any).  Also, I believe parents interview also counts....in this case, no wonder.......  發表於 14-2-9 16:43

5#
發表於 14-2-9 22:10 |顯示全部帖子
Do we have to care about other parents financials?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖