用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Victoria (CWB) vs SKH (Mt. Butler)
發新帖
查看: 1179|回覆: 6
go

Victoria (CWB) vs SKH (Mt. Butler) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-5-2 03:23 |只看該作者

Victoria (CWB) vs SKH (Mt. Butler)

My child is admitted by both Victotia (CWB) & SKH at Mt. Butler for K1 this year.

I want to seek opinion from parents especially those with children attending these 2 schools. Which school should I choose? What are the strength & weakness of each of them?

Please kindly advise! Thanks.

2#
發表於 07-5-2 10:43 |只看該作者

Re: Victoria (CWB) vs SKH (Mt. Butler)

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

3#
發表於 07-5-2 22:39 |只看該作者

busybabymum 寫道:
My child is admitted by both Victotia (CWB) & SKH at Mt. Butler for K1 this year.

I want to seek opinion from parents especially those with children attending these 2 schools. Which school should I choose? What are the strength & weakness of each of them?

Please kindly advise! Thanks.

Hi busybabymum,

It's really difficult to choose between schools.  I have also been thinking of it for a long time, and I think both schools are very good in different aspects.

My daughter is studying in Victioria K1, and she learns a lot in languages, communication, and she's also very creative.

However, I heard that SKH is more discipline while the teachers are caring.  I think traditional schools may like graduates from SKH rather than Victoria. (Pl. tell if I'm wrong.)

4#
發表於 07-5-5 00:51 |只看該作者

cinder,

Then which school would you choose?
Victoria may be more superior in the bilingual environment.

5#
發表於 07-5-6 23:16 |只看該作者

Hi busybabymum,

Surely Victoria is more superior in language aspects in bilingual environment, and that's why I let my daughter continue in K1 although she was admitted to SKH last year.  But afterwards I applied SKH again for K2 next year, and this time she was so lucky to be admitted again although I regard her performance during interview was not so well. (Thanks God!) I most probably will let her go to SKH K2 next year.

I never regret to let her stay in Victoria in K1 as she really learnt a lot so that she has good foundation.   : However, I want my daughter to be more disciplined and go to traditional primary school.  This year I worry not so much about the need to take school bus and the ratio of teachers to students in SKH as my daughter will already be 4 years old next year.

I can't ask you to learn from me as to try again next year as we never know the admittance rate next year.  Anyway, I think both schools are very good.   

Regarding the chance of graduates in SKH to go to good traditional school, I actually want to listen to more sharing from graduates of SKH to see if my dream is true or false.

6#
發表於 07-5-13 23:13 |只看該作者

Famous primary schools like both SKH and Victoria, all depended on individual achievement/connection.
SKH K2 has some vacancies this year bocause of some transferral to CCKG and St Jo KGs every year, and SKH admitted less than normal number for K1.

7#
發表於 07-5-16 23:42 |只看該作者

Hi cinema,

May I know why SKH admitted less than normal number for K1 this year?

Cinder.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題