用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which ...
樓主: siumanmama
go

Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which one will you choose?

發表於 07-3-24 13:46 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which one will you choose?

Hi, gegemok, how old of your son?  Will he attend PN in KIngston or TT?

發表於 07-3-24 13:55 |顯示全部帖子

Hi, Diamond,
Is the school bus issue not yet solved?  No other transportation besides school bus and taxi?  Hee.......your daughter likes Mr. Will, why you switch the teachers?  As I know Mr Will also teach 2-year old class.
DiamondHill 寫道:
Hi siumanmama, cissyc, DenDenMi,

I got more or less the same pathway, my ideal & perfect way is Kingston/CCKG->DGJS/Marylock->U in HKG.  As I want my dauther close to me (selfish mami).  

Siumanmama,  You gave up Kingston, so where is your final target ?  Pls share.

Due to school bus issue, I haven't register yet.  Will update you all once the bus settled down.

My daughter also joined TT playgroup in Sat morning 10:30 am too.  Maybe we met before.  But I seldom to talk with other mami.  My daughter just joined 2 year old class.  Teacher is Miss peggy & Miss Sarah.   But my daughter still likes Mr. Will a lot.

Keep in touch.  

發表於 07-3-24 14:04 |顯示全部帖子

DenDenMi 寫道:
Hi, gegemok, how old of your son?  Will he attend PN in KIngston or TT?

i am still thinking about it, not yet decide ..... what is your choice? Can you share with me?

I feel headache on this matter .....    

發表於 07-3-24 14:41 |顯示全部帖子

He's in TT playgroup now, but he will study PN in Kingston.  In fact, the teaching style of both school are similar, just singing, dancing, circle time etc during class time, just likes the playgroup but the time is longer.  

發表於 07-3-24 14:43 |顯示全部帖子

Gegemok, which class did your kid join in TT?

發表於 07-3-24 18:28 |顯示全部帖子

Hi DenDenMi,

I don't know Mr. Will also teach 2 -year old class.  Is it weekday? As our lesson is the same time with 1 year old class.  So it seems not workable to join the class with Mr. Will.  Maybe I try to check with reception.

Yes, the school bus issue not yet settled.  The staff also suggest me to check with other school bus but I told her it is impossible because the school time of other kindy is 1:00-4:00 pm but Kingston is 1:30-4:30 pm.  So it is not work.  For taxi, it will be so expensive to spend HK$2000.00 extra / month.  I'm now waiting for final reply from school bus co.
Let's whether they can help.

[quote]
DenDenMi 寫道:
Hi, Diamond,
Is the school bus issue not yet solved?  No other transportation besides school bus and taxi?  Hee.......your daughter likes Mr. Will, why you switch the teachers?  As I know Mr Will also teach 2-year old class. [quote]

發表於 07-3-25 00:53 |顯示全部帖子

DenDenMi 寫道:
Gegemok, which class did your kid join in TT?

My son joins 1-1.5 yr old Toddler class on each Sat. Maybe we have met before ......

發表於 07-3-25 00:54 |顯示全部帖子

DenDenMi 寫道:
He's in TT playgroup now, but he will study PN in Kingston.  In fact, the teaching style of both school are similar, just singing, dancing, circle time etc during class time, just likes the playgroup but the time is longer.  

Which class in Kingston will you son join, AM or PM?

發表於 07-3-25 01:01 |顯示全部帖子

Hi gegemok,

Since NONE of our kids is the current students of 1-year(Playgroup) class in Kingston, we don't have priority to join their 2-year am class.  That's why we are all offered a place in one of their pm classes.

gegemok 寫道:
[quote]
DenDenMi 寫道:

Which class in Kingston will you son join, AM or PM?[/quote]

發表於 07-3-25 01:04 |顯示全部帖子

siumanmama 寫道:
Hi gegemok,

Since NONE of our kids is the current students of 1-year(Playgroup) class in Kingston, we don't have priority to join their 2-year am class.  That's why we are all offered a place in one of their pm classes.

[quote]
gegemok 寫道:
[quote]
DenDenMi 寫道:

Which class in Kingston will you son join, AM or PM?[/quote][/quote]

oic. My son will have interview in Kingston in April. May I know the chance of getting admission? How will my son be interviewed?

發表於 07-3-25 01:06 |顯示全部帖子

DiamondHill,

You said you haven't registered.  Do you mean...Kingston is still holding a place for your daughter?

Can you take MTR from Lai Chi Kok to
Kowloon Tong? Or you can drive her to school. :wink:

發表於 07-3-25 01:23 |顯示全部帖子

all,

Those top tier universities are not really far from our reach.

I have a prelim. planning:
If my little girl is not going to study medicine/law, I will send her to one of the high school in the target state (eg. MA for MIT/Harvard) so that she can then become the resident of that state before applying universities.  Moreover, I will buy a house there, so that I can stay with her whenever I like.
If she chooses medicine/law, we may ask her to study in HKU.

cissyc 寫道:
Woo ~~~Cambridge and Harvard may be a bit far from my thought...I would be more than happy if she really can get in local branded primary sch like St. MAry or DG.

發表於 07-3-25 01:27 |顯示全部帖子

gegemok,

1-yr or 2-yr class has u applied for your son?

發表於 07-3-25 01:42 |顯示全部帖子

siumanmama 寫道:
gegemok,

1-yr or 2-yr class has u applied for your son?

2 yr old class

發表於 07-3-25 12:18 |顯示全部帖子

Hi, gegemok, I think the admission criteria is based on first come first served, the interview is only let us know their school environment, teaching method etc, only ask some info about our kid, it is no need to test our kids.  My son, of coz, pm class.  But I think is OK, as I live in Fotan, if am class, my boy and I need wake up very early (haha, we are lazy one), and also the traffic congestion during morning time.  Although my son need an afternoon nap, I think I need adjust him later.  Do you apply another school for your son?  

Which class in Kingston will you son join, AM or PM?[/quote][/quote]

oic. My son will have interview in Kingston in April. May I know the chance of getting admission? How will my son be interviewed? [/quote]

發表於 07-3-25 12:26 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Diamond Hill,
Yes ar, taking taxi everyday is quite impossible,  if the school bus issue cannot be solved, do you have another choice for your kid?  But I hope the issue can be solved as soon as possible, let our kids become classmates!!!     

發表於 07-3-25 12:47 |顯示全部帖子

DenDenMi:

I have applied the following kinders for my son but the outcome is not fruitful at all at this moment ....

1. Victoria (my son is on waiting list, no hope)
2. Keen Mind (not yet got the interview as my son was born in Sep .... he has to wait until he is 1.5 yr old in order to get the chance for interview ... as far as i know, most of the kids have been interviewed ..... i guess the chance of admission for small b is low ......)
3. Kingston (interview will be in Apr)
4. Tutortime (still thinking about it)

Then, it seems that i can only choose between Kingston and TT now ........

My prelim plan is I will have my maid to take my son to/from school ...i think he'll be so small to take the shuttle by himself .... but it seems that Kingston is bit far away from MTR station ...... that's my concern .... would it be dangersous? They have to cross several traffic roads .... that's why i am still thinking about it ....

Why it seems that all of you would choose Kingston
rather that TT? Is TT really that bad? Any views? Pls share, thanks

發表於 07-3-25 14:37 |顯示全部帖子

Hi siumanmama,

Yes, they hold the place for my daughter but I must settle down asap.  Otherwise, they will release the place to others.

I need go to work, so it is not workable to drive.  If take MTR, it will be from Lai Chi Kok to Kowloon Tong.  I think it needs to take around 45 minutes from home to school.  

siumanmama 寫道:
DiamondHill,

You said you haven't registered.  Do you mean...Kingston is still holding a place for your daughter?

Can you take MTR from Lai Chi Kok to
Kowloon Tong? Or you can drive her to school. :wink:

發表於 07-3-25 14:40 |顯示全部帖子

Hi DenDenMi,

I am expectating our kids to be classmate.  If really give up Kinston, I will go to HKPS pm class.  Let's see what will happen next.  Keep in touch.

DenDenMi 寫道:
Dear Diamond Hill,
Yes ar, taking taxi everyday is quite impossible,  if the school bus issue cannot be solved, do you have another choice for your kid?  But I hope the issue can be solved as soon as possible, let our kids become classmates!!!     

發表於 07-3-25 23:33 |顯示全部帖子

gegemok 寫道:
DenDenMi:

I have applied the following kinders for my son but the outcome is not fruitful at all at this moment ....

1. Victoria (my son is on waiting list, no hope)
2. Keen Mind (not yet got the interview as my son was born in Sep .... he has to wait until he is 1.5 yr old in order to get the chance for interview ... as far as i know, most of the kids have been interviewed ..... i guess the chance of admission for small b is low ......)
3. Kingston (interview will be in Apr)
4. Tutortime (still thinking about it)

Then, it seems that i can only choose between Kingston and TT now ........

My prelim plan is I will have my maid to take my son to/from school ...i think he'll be so small to take the shuttle by himself .... but it seems that Kingston is bit far away from MTR station ...... that's my concern .... would it be dangersous? They have to cross several traffic roads .... that's why i am still thinking about it ....

Why it seems that all of you would choose Kingston
rather that TT? Is TT really that bad? Any views? Pls share, thanks

gegemok,

I think our choices of kindergartens are really more of less the same.

All except ME choose Kingston finally.  I believe that some other parents including me have given up the offer in the first round and that's why there will be a
2nd round interview in April.

Unless we are lucky enough to get a place in Kingston's AM class, my little one will not be classmates with your kids in the coming year.

The reasons why I am still hesitate to join Tutor Time are:
1. Too commercial- They have visitors all the time and visitors go to most of the classrooms and it is too disturbing to the kids.  
2. I hate the reception girl's attitude and she has no heart towards all the kids.
3. The academic level seems a little bit lower than those famous local kindergartens.

Reasons support:
1. They have places in AM class.
2. Location is much better than Kingston and I can drive into the school to pick up my daughter.
3. One of my friend highly recommend TT as her kid is doing very well in the Redhill Tutor Time.
4. Fewer holidays than Kingston and other kindergartens and have summer term/school.

How about other moms?