用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which ...
樓主: siumanmama
go

Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which one will you choose? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 07-3-22 14:57 |只看該作者

Re: Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which one will you choose?

Hi Siumanmama,

My mom is running sch bus for kindy & primary in NT, and she told me it's quite harsh for young baby taking sch bus everyday, she told me sch bus should be the last priority.  I did call to the sch bus driver to enquire about the route, if you are the first one to get on, you'll the last one to get off, that's mean, it will take you an hour per journey...When I registered yesterday, I personally walked to chk the distance, and I did see some children walking from KCR to sch, I think it would still be ok if it's not very hot and not rainy day....haha I do ask my mother in law to get a driving license, then the major issue can be solved...haha

42#
發表於 07-3-22 16:57 |只看該作者

Hi, siumanmama, you haven't registered the Kingston, it's doesn't matter, as you can eventually  find a suitable school for your kid.

Dear cissyc, your daughter is Kayleigh,is the name pronounced 'K nine'.  I know who is she la, your daughter is very pretty, she got a very very big and charming eyes.  If my son's eyes like Kayleigh's one, it's so great, but unfortunately, he hasn't!

Full time C9 is not so good, I am always exhausted.  I really want to take a long break for myself!!!

The location of Kingston is not very good as it's too far from KCR station.  I also think if the weather is not really hot and is not raining, parents can still walk or push baby stroller from KCR station to school.  But the weather is bad, it's quite impossible.  

Cissyc, you live in Hunghom, taking KCR is the best choice, but need take a long walk to school.  If taking Taxi everyday, it's quite expensive, besides the school fee, that's your additional cost to study Kingston        Ha Ha, maybe your mother-in-law get a driving licence to be a best solution.  Or maybe you quit your job and let us become a full time C9 together   

43#
發表於 07-3-22 17:56 |只看該作者

Hi DenDenMi, cissyc,

My son is 11 mos. Actually, I intended to apply the playgroup of 6 mos - 12 mos before. But when I called TT, the reception girl is so impolite, then she had a call in. And she said wait. Finally, the other girl heard the phone and said that girl had something to do, and asked her to call back you. But she hadn't leave my number before cut my line quickly. At that moment, I'm so disappointed of TT. I felt that the staff is so rude. So, my baby will become rude too?? Anyway, I need to decide which school for playgroup or PN. In fact, i want to choose TT or Victoria. Because I think their teaching method is creative and good. DenDenMi, cissyc, your babies are joining TT. What do u think?? Any good feedback from your babies???

44#
發表於 07-3-22 18:35 |只看該作者

dear Den Den mi,

my daughter's name is pronounced as "Kay-lee", difficult to spell, but easy to pronunce. Honestly, I do admire c9 who don't need to work, at the time of maternity leave, I started to know what is 母愛, and not willing to resume work...but reality is I get back to work...and till nowadays, I still want to spend every minutes with my daughter...that's why you will see my reply during office hours...haha..

dear Mi1808,

TT is good, teachers there are professional, Course Director Ms. Emily is good, and you can have flexibility in choosing the class, however, I think it's too crowed, esp on sat, there are 12 children + 12 parents + 2 teacher = 26 ppl inside a classroom. I know they are planning to open some more class later as they have more and more children nowadays. Regarding Victoria, I did join their PG for 2 mths, it's in english and cantonese, english teachers are good as well, its all depends on whether you want mandarin or cantonese. Hope this info help !

45#
發表於 07-3-22 18:40 |只看該作者

by the way, I feel life threatening after giving those comments and have deleted my daughter picture...hehe...I think it may be the reason why my daughter was not granted a place in Victoria becasue of my bad  words on their PG.....haha

46#
發表於 07-3-22 19:07 |只看該作者

I know having IS education will cost a lot more, but I think IS are less stressful and spend more time on creativity side rather than rushing to advance level for kids....
I'm planning to apply playgroups in Kingston and TT, which one is better? and if I applied for 3 days a week type of playgroup, can my daughter be guarantee to their k1? seems think too much..haha

So, do my daughter still need to interview for the playgroup? Come on! it's just playgroup jer wor!!

thanks all for sharing!!

47#
發表於 07-3-23 07:32 |只看該作者

Kadie, the playgroup is no need to interview in TT, don't worry about that.

Hi,Mi1808,  my son just only join the playgroup in TT, it's quite good.  In respect of the receptionist, I am no idea about her attiude as I only contacted her when paying school fee, but she is fine!

I switch the 2 year old class  to Kingtion because I want let my son to change the environment.  And I also have a good impression in Kingston through the interview, the staff is very nice too.  Hoping my son can enjoy the new school.

I asked my husband how long do I walk if from KCR to Kingstion, (the distance seems too long, I never walk as I only drive the car to school before)  He answered me about 7-10mins, I think is not too hard to walk from KCR station to school if the weather is OK.  Heeeeee........, cissyc don't worry about it, let's our kids to do some exercise.

48#
發表於 07-3-23 10:18 |只看該作者

DenDenMi,

Yes, I can still wait for some other choices including TT, LH, SPN & NCC...
But sometimes I will feel a little bit tired when I think about the need to apply for different kinders yearly (PN,K1, K2) and then choose Primary & sec. school later. There's a long long way ahead.

Why you say that you are always exhausted? Your domestic helper is not good?  I also agree that fulltime c9 need to take a break.  So I usually have oerseas trips with my hubby (without my kid) 2-3 times a year.

I can tell you that during summer time (May-Oct)you don't want to walk from KCR to Kingston even you bring along with you an umbrealla. Fortunately, Kingston's summer holiday lasts for 1.5 month.

cissyc,

There are some minibuses running between Hunghom & Kowloon Tong.  Can you find one suitable for u?

http://www.td.gov.hk/transport_in_hong_kong/public_transport/minibuses/green/kowloon_gmb_routes/index_tc_t.htm

DenDenMi 寫道:
Hi, siumanmama, you haven't registered the Kingston, it's doesn't matter, as you can eventually  find a suitable school for your kid......

Full time C9 is not so good, I am always exhausted.  I really want to take a long break for myself!!!

The location of Kingston is not very good as it's too far from KCR station.  I also think if the weather is not really hot and is not raining, parents can still walk or push baby stroller from KCR station to school.  But the weather is bad, it's quite impossible.  

Cissyc, you live in Hunghom, taking KCR is the best choice, but need take a long walk to school.  If taking Taxi everyday, it's quite expensive, besides the school fee, that's your additional cost to study Kingston        Ha Ha, maybe your mother-in-law get a driving licence to be a best solution.  Or maybe you quit your job and let us become a full time C9 together   

49#
發表於 07-3-23 10:46 |只看該作者

Dear Siumanmama,

Thanks for providing the route...I think convincing her grandmom to get a driving license should be the most effective way...she is not very old yet...haha

Dear DenDenmi, what's you son's name? I may take my child to sch if I got a day off, then we can meet and talk more and more...

by the way, do u have any plan to apply for CCKG when they are K3?

50#
發表於 07-3-23 13:06 |只看該作者

cissyc,

I think you've made a typo - applying CCKG's K2 instead of K3.  

I think most of the parents will try to apply CCKG for their kids.  There's no harm to try, just a short English interview by the Principal.

51#
發表於 07-3-23 14:45 |只看該作者

Hi, cissyc, my boy's name is Hayden, I am looking forward to seeing you in TT playgroup.
I think I will try to apply CCKG, just like siumanmama said that it was no harm, taking more choices for our kids, right!!!
If Kayleigh wants to study DGS, CCKG is the best choice as my friend told me if someone can study in CCKG, it is a greater chance to study in DGS.  
If I got a daughter, my thoughts same as you, that is let her to study traditional school rather than IS in Primary and Secondary.

52#
發表於 07-3-23 14:57 |只看該作者

all,

All of us have more or less the same thoughts:  ->CCKG-> DGJS/DBPS-> DGS/DBS->Havard/Cambridge. (This is the ideal case.)

Wahaha! Then we have plenty of chances to exchange and share in the future.

DenDenMi 寫道:
Hi, cissyc, my boy's name is Hayden, I am looking forward to seeing you in TT playgroup.
I think I will try to apply CCKG, just like siumanmama said that it was no harm, taking more choices for our kids, right!!!
If Kayleigh wants to study DGS, CCKG is the best choice as my friend told me if someone can study in CCKG, it is a greater chance to study in DGS.  
If I got a daughter, my thoughts same as you, that is let her to study traditional school rather than IS in Primary and Secondary.

53#
發表於 07-3-23 15:10 |只看該作者

Wow wow, so ideal, hoping our kids can follow this path     

[quote]
siumanmama 寫道:
all,

All of us have more or less the same thoughts:  ->CCKG-> DGJS/DBPS-> DGS/DBS->Havard/Cambridge. (This is the ideal case.)

54#
發表於 07-3-23 15:15 |只看該作者

May I ask what is the full name of CCKG-> DGJS/DBPS-> DGS/DBS?
thx

55#
發表於 07-3-23 15:44 |只看該作者

hahaha! Really the best scenario!     

DenDenMi 寫道:
Wow wow, so ideal, hoping our kids can follow this path     

[quote]
siumanmama 寫道:
all,

56#
發表於 07-3-23 15:51 |只看該作者

Christ Church Kindergarten
Diocesan Girls' Junior School
Diocesan Girls' School

57#
發表於 07-3-23 21:19 |只看該作者

Hi siumanmama, cissyc, DenDenMi,

I got more or less the same pathway, my ideal & perfect way is Kingston/CCKG->DGJS/Marylock->U in HKG.  As I want my dauther close to me (selfish mami).  

Siumanmama,  You gave up Kingston, so where is your final target ?  Pls share.

Due to school bus issue, I haven't register yet.  Will update you all once the bus settled down.

My daughter also joined TT playgroup in Sat morning 10:30 am too.  Maybe we met before.  But I seldom to talk with other mami.  My daughter just joined 2 year old class.  Teacher is Miss peggy & Miss Sarah.   But my daughter still likes Mr. Will a lot.

Keep in touch.  

58#
發表於 07-3-24 12:42 |只看該作者

Woo ~~~Cambridge and Harvard may be a bit far from my thought...I would be more than happy if she really can get in local branded primary sch like St. MAry or DG.

59#
發表於 07-3-24 13:32 |只看該作者

absolutely...  TT staff, except for the salesgirl, suck.   

60#
發表於 07-3-24 13:41 |只看該作者

Hi all, my little boy is joining the playgroup at TT now and i have the same thought as yours, choosing among Kingston or TT ....

It seems that most of you prefer Kingston .....
‹ 上一主題|下一主題