用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which ...
查看: 10629|回覆: 118
go

Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which one will you choose? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-3-4 01:18 |只看該作者

Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which one will you choose?

all,

I am choosing between Kingston's pm class and Tutor Time's am class for my daughter.

These 2 schools both offer English & Mandarin curriculum, low student-to-teacher ratio. Furthermore, the tuition fee is about the same($6,500/month).

Any comments as to how to choose between these two schools for my daughter?
  Thanks.

2#
發表於 07-3-4 23:34 |只看該作者

Re: Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which one will you choose?

Hi siumanmama,

Same as you, I also have this question that I want to rise.  My daughter is now joining their playgroup on Sat only in Tutor Time.  I think the different is Kingston runs IB while Tutor Time not.  So their way to teach will be different.  I want my daughter to explore by herself more during her early learning stage.  So most probarly I will choose Kingston for her first 2 years, then will make up my mind what the final education that my daughter will be gone such as IS or local.  But the standard of English in Kingston just level or a bit higher than local kindy (info from other forum 2 year before).  So is it worth to pay such higher tuition fee $7500/month for 2-1/2 ours each day.

I am so very headache.

3#
發表於 07-3-5 14:05 |只看該作者

DiamondHill,

Yes, Kingston runs IB curriculum and seems a little bit more organised.  Furthermore, it seems to me that both English & Mandarin teachers of Kingston will stay in the classroom while for Tutor Time, either English or Mandarin teacher will stay in the classroom(2 classes share the 2 teachers) . Of course, there will be another class teacher or amah in the classroom as well -> that's the same.

For our case, I plan, at this moment, to put my little girl in local primary school rather than IS and we will send her overseas (US/UK) for university /and high school.
But both of their pre-nursery class will be 3 hrs long (why you said that's 2.5hrs?) and $6,500/month.  
Please tell me if there's something wrong

4#
發表於 07-3-5 23:16 |只看該作者

Hi siumanmama,

Kingston only 2-1/2 hrs each day (1:30 pm - 4.00 pm) but Tutor Time is 3 hours.  

If you sure your girl will go to local primary, anyone that will be fine because you will shift her to K1 local kindy.  So the first year of leaning that I will give her more caring, love & discipled.  This is my thinking.   

For IB learning, Kingston only started to learn in 3 year old class (K1) not pre-nursey.  

Yes, 1 native + 1 mandarin + 1 helper will stay in a class in Kingston but Tutor Time not.

Except Kingston runs IB, Victoria will be.  So this school is also my target.  

If your girl will go to local primary, Victoria also is the choice for you.  

5#
發表於 07-3-16 01:16 |只看該作者

Diamond Hill:

School hours for Kingston pm class is 1:30 pm-4:30 pm (3 hrs) for 2-6yrs.

Thanks for your sharing.

6#
發表於 07-3-16 15:23 |只看該作者

all dads/moms,

pls advise & share.

7#
發表於 07-3-16 20:35 |只看該作者

siumanmama 寫道:
Diamond Hill:

School hours for Kingston pm class is 1:30 pm-4:30 pm (3 hrs) for 2-6yrs.

Thanks for your sharing.

Hi siumanmanma,

Yes, you're right because we got the confirmation letter from Kingston & the time is 1:30-4:30, 1:30-4:00 only for 1 year old class.

8#
發表於 07-3-18 17:33 |只看該作者

Diamond Hill,

Are you going to register? What's your updated plan now?
Do u think your kid can adjust to pm class?

9#
發表於 07-3-18 21:40 |只看該作者

Hi, I got confirmation letter from Kingston as well, but it's PM class, I'm just worrying that my daughter might not be able to adapt to the PM class coz she needs to take afternoon nap.

10#
發表於 07-3-18 23:41 |只看該作者

Hi siumanmama,

Most probarly I will take Kingston for my daughter, I still headache how to adjust her nap time.  But now the difficult point is no school bus will come to where I live.  So I haven't register yet.

Hi cissyc,

Yes, there is no chance to shift to am class that the staff from Kingston told me.  I am also worrying too.  Will you register before 3/21 ?  Pls share.

11#
發表於 07-3-19 09:16 |只看該作者

Dear Diamond Hill and other monthers,

I don't have other alternative for PN class, and Kingston and TT might be the only 2 choice for me coz I want my daughter to expose to Mandarin and English teaching, rather than Cantonese. So Kingston & TT are my only choice. Yes, school bus is another issue, the locaiton of Kingston is really not good, only if you could take taxi everyday, then it will not be a problem...haha...and also nap time is the 3rd issue.....anyway, I may still go register on 21 March, if I don't have other good suggestions.

12#
發表於 07-3-19 15:01 |只看該作者

Hi, all mums,
My situation same as cissyc, only Kingston and TT are my choice, because the application date of all other nursary are closed.   My son may also study Kingston PN pm class on coming Aug, I will go register on 21 Mar and it needs us to pay deposit and the first month school fee, I think if I pay it, my son will be 90% to study in Kingston.  In fact, I haven't heard any comment on Kingston, so I don't know whether it is good or not.  Do they know any comment on Kingston?  If their children will study Kingston, perhaps they become classmates!!      

13#
發表於 07-3-19 21:22 |只看該作者

DiamondHill,

Do you have other choice(s)?
Where do you live? Have you checked with other schoolbus operators?

DiamondHill 寫道:
Hi siumanmama,

Most probarly I will take Kingston for my daughter, I still headache how to adjust her nap time.  But now the difficult point is no school bus will come to where I live.  So I haven't register yet.

Hi cissyc,

Yes, there is no chance to shift to am class that the staff from Kingston told me.  I am also worrying too.  Will you register before 3/21 ?  Pls share.

14#
發表於 07-3-19 21:28 |只看該作者

DenDenMi,

Yes there's not much comment about Kingston and as far as I know many of the Kingston pre-nursery students shift to other kindergartens in K1/2 and they also keep joining other playgroups/classes after school when studying in Kingston.
DenDenMi 寫道:
Hi, all mums,
My situation same as cissyc, only Kingston and TT are my choice, because the application date of all other nursary are closed.   My son may also study Kingston PN pm class on coming Aug, I will go register on 21 Mar and it needs us to pay deposit and the first month school fee, I think if I pay it, my son will be 90% to study in Kingston.  In fact, I haven't heard any comment on Kingston, so I don't know whether it is good or not.  Do they know any comment on Kingston?  If their children will study Kingston, perhaps they become classmates!!      

15#
發表於 07-3-19 21:34 |只看該作者

DiamondHill, cissyc & DenDenMi,

Will your kids keep studying in Kingston (if you really choose Kingston) after studying PN in 07-08?

Any plan for K1? (As this might affect your choice now.)

16#
發表於 07-3-20 00:22 |只看該作者

Hi siumanmama, cissyc & DenDenmi,

It's so great to hear some feedback from other mami.

Regarding school bus issue, it should be settled now because the staff called the school bus company & they said they will specially re-arrange the bus route.  I live at Lai Chi Kok.

I am not sure will change to other kindy after 07-08 because it  depends on the school in term of caring, teaching method, quality of teacher.  On the other hands, I need to observe my daughter whether she likes the school or not.

Except Kingston, HKPS was accpeted my daughter too.  Victoria rejected even my daughter preformed well on that day.  

I will go to register on tomorrow, hopefully we can keep in touch.

17#
發表於 07-3-20 01:57 |只看該作者

Hi siumanmama, cissyc & Diamond Hill,

I am very happy that we could chat over there!!  In respect of K1, same as the view of Diamond Hill,it really depends on the school in term of caring, teaching method, quality of teacher. But the main point is whether my son likes this school or not!
Will their children study P1 in international school? I think the choice of K1 to be upon what kind of Primary will our kids study.  I haven't made up my mind to think this question, but I tend to IS more at that moment.   

hi,siumanmama, I don't understand why the kids need keep joining other playgroups/classes after school when studying in Kingston.  Is it not enough language training or something else?  

Diamond Hill, why you don't choose HKPS?  My son applied HKPS(Ascot), but he is on waiting list. I asked the staff whether my son still has chance, she said that my son born in Sept and he is not enough 2 when the school begins, so they will let some qualified kids to study first.  I choose HKPS(Ascot)for nursary because it is really very near where I live, I don't want let him to take long journey for nursary class, but now, oh oh!  I eventually need find school in Kowloon Tong one year earlier, I am a lazy mum cannot be lazy again as I need pick him to school from Fotan to Kowloon Tong!

Yes Yes, we need keep in touch!

18#
發表於 07-3-20 09:10 |只看該作者

dear all mums,

in fact, Kingston is my first priority for PN class, I like it very much except it's more expensive and we are only allocated with afternoon class. 2 child of my friend studying there, one for PN class and one for primary class, my friend told me their mandarin are so native and both of her child like the school so much, I also heard of some positive comments from others, so Kingston will be my first choice despite there are drawbacks in logistic issue. I myself and one of friend will register tmr.

Keep in touch.

19#
發表於 07-3-20 13:41 |只看該作者

Dear all mums,

I'm new here..just concerning when is the best time to put my 1 year old daughter to PN? After reading all your advise and concerns, I start to wonder if my daughter need to register now for her PN - suitable for 1 year old?
I've always thinking about putting my daughter to IS in the future , so I'm also considering Kingston and TT too, could you give me some advice??

20#
發表於 07-3-20 13:50 |只看該作者

Dear Kadie mum,

TT is not IS, Victoria HMT is planning to run IS in the future, but their PN class has no mandarin (only cantonese). Seems that IS is not applicable for PN class, but my priority is to give my child an environment to expose to both english and mandarin. U can give an email or call to Kingston or TT, probably your daughter can apply for their PN class by Aug 2008, when she's 2 yrs old.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題