搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 In Canada~Madison Academy
查看: 3797|回覆: 21
go

In Canada~Madison Academy [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-2-22 15:43 |只看該作者

In Canada~Madison Academy

想知香港賣o左呢間學校執笠o既新聞未ah 同埋之前有冇人讀過呢間學校o架 例如朋友,同學,親戚!! 有冇人知呢間學校o既野 thx!! 因為而家我地去搵學校 間間都要我地另收過學費 即當我地係新生...

2#
發表於 07-2-22 16:11 |只看該作者

Re: In Canada~Madison Academy

星島今日有講,希望你快d搵到新學校啦!

加 私 校 倒 閉 50 中 港 生 陷 困  
  (星島日報報道)加拿大又有一所主要是招收中港學生的私立中學倒閉。這所位於多倫多名為「麥迪遜學院(Madison Academy)」的中學,於當地時間周二突然向學生發出通知表示結業,在該校就讀的四、五十名學生(其中大部分為中國內地和香港學生)可以轉往另一所學校,不過則需每門課加收學費二千元港幣。

大年初三上午,麥迪遜學院的學生按時到校上課,卻被告知學校已宣布倒閉。每名學生都收到了一份由這所學校校長克朗簽名的信件。

在這份類似聲明的信中,麥迪遜學院校方對關閉學校表示遺憾,但並沒有解釋學校倒閉的原因,不過稱已與多倫多另一所私立學校──邦德學院達成協議,學生可轉至邦德學院繼續學習

,但每門學分課必須再交納三百加元(約二千零五元港幣)的費用。

麥迪遜學院成立於一九九四年,開設了高中、大學預科以及英語語言培訓課程,目前在校生約五十人以中國學生和香港學生居多。因為臨近大學錄取,一些就讀大學預科(十二年級)即將在九月份入讀大學的學生對此極為憂慮,學生擔心護照和簽證有可能受此影響而無法繼續學業。

一位來自香港的學生向記者表示,他的簽證三月份就要到期,本來學校答應幫他辦理續簽,但現在自然無人過問此事,他不知簽證到期是否還可以合法地繼續在加拿大讀書。

另一名來自廣東的學生說,他已一次性向學校繳了八門課接近一萬元加元(約六萬七千元港幣)的學費,現在還有四門課沒有完成,現在要轉到另一所學校,而且原學費不能轉過去,經濟損失嚴重。

加拿大在二○○五年通過私立職業學校法案,對辦學資格有多項規定,當年就有五所主要招收華人學生的私立中學倒閉。

由於法案將於今年九月全面實施,故業內預料今年將會有更多的私立學校倒閉。中國教育部曾於○五年和○六年兩次發布留學預警,提醒學生和家長不要盲目選擇加拿大的私立學校。
2007/2/22

3#
發表於 07-2-23 04:19 |只看該作者

Hi Kayan_329,

Any update from the school or the ministry of education? It is unfortunate that your school goes out of business so suddenly. Would it be possible for you to study at public high school as an oversea student? At least the quality of public high school is guaranteed.

Wish you all the best!

4#
發表於 07-2-23 04:28 |只看該作者

Kayan_329:

Just found this out from the York Region School District website:

Click Here

Seems like they accept international student. Doesn't hurt to give it a try.

5#
發表於 07-2-23 14:24 |只看該作者

今日有兩個版本
(1)學校個校長親自打o左比一個學生話有99.99%會開返間學校(果時我都係個同學旁邊o既)
(2)另一個同學就話個校長會調我地去另一間 同埋咩野費都唔使另外再比過wor

不過呢間學校可能因為怕我地告佢 佢有d問題可能會告得入先會咁講姐 就算學返都會預佢執過!!

6#
發表於 07-2-23 17:30 |只看該作者

Hi kayan_329,

Even though the school may reopens, my suggestion is not to return. As you have said in previous posts, you feel that the school does not provide a nurturing academic atmosphere. If that's the case, why don't you find a "better" school to continue your study. I don't know how much you are paying for your old school, but York region school district only charges ~ $12000 CAD per year, which sounds fair.

And don't feel shy to post in English. Practice makes perfect!!!!

7#
發表於 07-2-24 00:24 |只看該作者

GoCanucksGo,
I am not sure how the education system in Canada, but in Australia, there is a foundation school which is only for overseas students and it is not competing with local school in terms of getting into university. As we all know, it is very tough to compete with local student especially if you are weak in English.

8#
發表於 07-2-24 03:47 |只看該作者

xother,

In BC, Grade 12 students have to write provincial exams, and the score from English + best subjects (3 for UBC and 4 for SFU) are used for university enrolment purposes. The key here is the word average. If one can score over 90 on the best subjects and around 70 for English, the average will be 80 something. So even for people who are weak in English, if they can get super high marks in other subjects, they can still enter university. But there is the LPI barrier for UBC students. One need to score a 5 on the test in order to continue ones study, otherwise, one will be suspended for a year.

I don't know how the school compares local vs international/out of province students, but according to MacClean's (sp?), roughly 15 % of UBC students are oversea ones.

9#
發表於 07-2-24 07:28 |只看該作者

GoCanucksGo,
I assume you are not overseas student before and you came here in young age.
I was overseas student in Australia and it is so hard for me to start! Just to understand what the teacher said took me 6months!
Anyway, going back to the topic, what I want to say is local school is good, but it is hard for an overseas student to mix with local student as he/she may be the only 1 or 2 in the class. Plus there is not much assistance since the teacher are not trained for overseas student. Since I only studied in Australia, I try to illustrate to you that why majority overseas student choose to take private collegue instead of local school.

Why so many overseas student pay high fee for private college as that types of school tailor made for overseas students. It is easy to make friends as all came from similar background.

But in this case, I also suggest to try for local school since she/he already here for a period of time and it may be a good start a new way of learning. Even Vancouver has closed down few private colleges as well as university and yesterday it even came on news that the teachers want the govt to cancel the order as they want their job back.

10#
發表於 07-2-24 08:33 |只看該作者

Xother,

I came to Canada at age 13, don't know if you would say that is young or not. Maybe I came from a good school in HK, I did not have much difficulty when I first came over.

In both Vancouver and Toronto, even if you go to public school, there are many new comers. Plus, there are so many Chinese students that can guide you through the process.

I don't understand why the government would allow those private schoolss to stay open. A lot of them are taking advantage of oversea students and that leave a black mark on Canada. I think it is fair for the government to get tough on them.

11#
發表於 07-2-24 10:32 |只看該作者

而家個心仲十五十六 因為真係好驚間學校會開返 但係今日去o左聽果間 好似成間公校咁大 實際都係一間私校...但規模就用晒公校形式 又要貫校服 但呢間要我地每科比多$300 因為今日去果間學校話一分錢都冇收過Madison ka wor~~ 如果去呢間我諗會幾好 因為有好多得仔,黑人果d 真係成間公校咁 咩種類o既人都有 最好係Madison有個亞sir都去o左呢間教... 不過個亞sir好慘 因為係Madison教o左一個月都冇 佢都係今個sem先o黎madison教 之後又執o左~~ 但madison學校詰自己會有99.99%開返 而家真係比學校玩死~~ 如果佢開 我地d學費就拎唔返kala wor∼∼

12#
發表於 07-2-24 10:43 |只看該作者

Even if Madison reopens, I would not go back if I were you. You have first hand experience of how bad the school is, and you never know if it will close down again. I would pick a more reputable school. Maybe you can give us the name of the new school that you are looking at and some members from Toronto area can comment on it. Wish you good luck!!

13#
發表於 07-2-26 16:36 |只看該作者

唉, 真係晴天霹靂呀, 原來我個姨甥仔(已入籍加國, 但讀書成績不佳, 不肯在原校留班)去
我女女畫得好靚呀

14#
發表於 07-2-26 21:05 |只看該作者

Kayan,

How bad to hear such the news from you.

When will you know the final decision of your school? Do you still go to Madison school everyday?

15#
發表於 07-2-27 13:14 |只看該作者

edithedith~你個姨甥仔叫埋咩名 因為可能我都識佢ka~~ 如果ng方便可以用私人信息話我知ma~~ J.addison而家冇人會去la~~ 我地而家d學校有幾間去 (1)入Kenndy果個維爾士(2)去Bord (3)去Young &Finch 不過而家最多人去o既係Bord 因為係用公校形式 要著校服 本來今日開學 但係我未考慮好 而家打算聽日都會去bord讀la~~聽日開始上堂lu!! Madison send o左個e-mail話會開返 不過會轉手比人同改名wor 如果你地d仔女出國都要小心d ah~~ 我地而家d錢比o左madison o既都好慘 原來我冇o左五千幾加幣ah!! 聽日bord就要每科比$300 ca 不過我覺得bord冇收madion一分錢都算合理la~~ 佢地又肯收留我地 因為我都知d老師都要出量o既 $300算好好ka la!!

16#
發表於 07-2-27 14:51 |只看該作者

kayan,

知道你去Bord讀書都鄧你好開心,至少有書讀吖嘛。希望果边有多D讀書氣氛,咁你就要加油囉     

17#
發表於 07-2-27 15:18 |只看該作者

redpocket~ Thx 不過今日冇返學 但睇過bord 學校都幾多人 不過一班o既就同Madison一樣倒得幾個人上 不過係咪幾個就唔太sure 因為我"裝"過其中一間課室咋 不過途中都見有好多學生行出行入o既 有鬼仔,黑人果d tim ah ,不過好驚識ng到新朋友ah   下面果層就係小學部 見d小學生玩得好開心 希望我都可以識到多d新朋友la!! 聽日要9:00返學校報到lu~~ 聽日要開學!! 本來想5月返香港 而家睇o黎要遲d先可以lu bord讀到6月29先放!! 不過希望轉o左校識到人之外 最緊要自己學到野 因為我英文真係同而家o既小一學校差唔多咋=.=

18#
發表於 07-2-27 17:39 |只看該作者

Kayan,

I wish you good luck in your study at Bord. Don't feel too worried about the new environment. Look at this as an opportunity to know people from different background and to make new friends.  

19#
發表於 07-2-28 08:16 |只看該作者

今日第一日返o左bord 個鬼仔冇啦啦派o左粒糖比我地!! 我地冇校服果d人走去上堂都幾異相下 不過我打算係bord o度買校服算lor~~呢幾日都係著自己衫先lor!! 呢間都好多老師同學生o既 math堂足足係我地o既2倍ah!! 好在有個識講廣東話o既老師協助下我 不過係呢間學校好似用多o左d英文咁ah!! 雖然好差 不過好在d老師都聽得明我講咩野  

20#
發表於 07-2-28 09:45 |只看該作者

kayan_329

Please check PM.
我女女畫得好靚呀
‹ 上一主題|下一主題